HTML - Devious World [a36] [Devious Skooma]

1. 1.00 star(s)

tom54321

Pretty much what the other reviews say. Every route I chose ended after no more than 10 clicks with zero pictures in between. This is just a bad cartoon version of Transfigure. Needs way more pictures or videos and needs to remove all options that have only a few sections worth of content. No point wasting your time.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

hisoka1234

the amount of new kinks this gave me is disgusting. 5 stars, 10/10, please continue the route where you take turns w the dog makers dog of you fucking it and it fucking you in Jamie's job route, begging with all my heart. Also would literally die and go to heaven for more of the adult mom whos name escapes me, but i want so bad for more incest routes w her... its hot
  3. 5.00 star(s)

insider09327

One of the few projects I actually keep am eye on and delight in every update.

Writing is up there with the greats, well worth the time consuming.
    Like a good whiskey, it is smooth and goes down easily, making you seek out more.

Covers a wide range of kinks, and with the quality of all things so high I found myself dwelling in even those outside my regular appetite.

I found that it is better to think of it as a series of samples to delight one's self with, rather than seek a ride along the rails of a story that you'd normally expect.
    The paths are many and prone to premature termination as many are happy to point it out, however I'm glad that the author chose to go down this path to avoid burning out, letting the project continue on for much longer.

Despite that, I doubt that the project will see completion under a single author, despite how much work and effort goes into the writing (see their blog).
    I think it would be best if the project went down the Fenoxo route of allowing for contribution with the author in the lead seat, a task made difficult due to quality, as I have seen few who are able to work at such a level; and would need the autho be comfortable with the idea.

Overall, if you are able to take pleasure from language and high quality writing you are bound to greatly enjoy it.
    If you seek a complete package or story, and unable to gain pleasure from text, just skip it for now.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

jamonserrano

I don't know if the dev looks at the comments and reviews of this place and if he does, they don't seem to care much.
    I will say what we all know, many characters, lack of history.
    almost all decisions end up with the player seeing only paragraphs in red.
    and the few endings that it has are forced by the lack of content
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Kjct

v66 Alpha

Three and a half years from the original posting of this game and my choices resulted in seven pages of text. No pictures, no animation, just text. 42 months for seven pages of text resulting in a premature dead end.

Maybe I'll try again in twenty years or so.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

screamingwookies

Great writing with a lot of hidden gems behind its choice paths. It should be knocked for too many dead ends and unfinished stories (especially given how old it is), but the quality of the content that is there more than makes up for it.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

pigmaster24

It pains me to give this 3 stars, the writing is absolutely incredible, might even be the best i've seen for a smut game.

However, the game has been around for more than 3 years now, and it's still very unfinished. There still isn't a proper route in here, just a bunch of demo stories you can have a little taste of.

All that said, you should still give it a try (it's free after all), the quality is there, it only lacks on quantity.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Rainbowhead

I like the writing, but it's impossible to focus on it when you see a bunch of red hyperlinks signalling that some choices in this path are still missing. And then you realize that it's only a matter of time until you run into a dead end on pretty much every path you take.
    That "a" in the version is there for a reason, I guess, but I would still rather only see the finished branches, because the more dead ends I ran into, the more I want to play out whatever was teased through an AI.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

MochaLatteAuLaitChai

The writing's pretty decent, but unfortunately any good points about this game is washed clean from the lack of content. It's like going to a restaurant but you're only getting a whiff of the fragrant beef steak while not being allowed to touch it. The difference is that we're not paying for this game, but I would like to see more structured development such as focusing on 1 branch and the options available within that branch. 2 stars because 1 is the lowest, and 1 star for the quality of writing. If the creators were more focused this would make for a really good erotic text-based game.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Ayyar

This is one of those games that I want to like but just can't. It has simultaneously too much content and not enough. Right from the get go you are thrust into an overwhelming amount of choice based on age and gender but so many of these paths go nowhere. You find a character that sounds interesting and read several pages of text to find that his/her story just ends with no warning. Then you go back and try a new character or branch only to find the same thing. It really lowers the enjoyment of the reader when it might take 5-10 attempts to find a story that actually has some legs to it.

The other big problem with this is just the organization of fetishes. Unless you like everything, there's probably going to be some stuff in here that isn't for you. Its really annoying to find a character who you like, be reading along, and then out nowhere have the story end in a choice where the only working link is a fetish you don't care for.

More than just subjecting you to fetishes you dislike though, is that it is hard to find paths with fetishes you do. The branches are so winding that you might never find some content that you would actually enjoy because the route to get there is so circuitous.

Honestly, the frustration of how this story is laid out makes me want to give it only one star but the writing is good if you can find a branch with a decent length that appeals to you.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Anerion

This game is that typical game where you either love it or hate it. I fall into the first category. The author is a great, the writing is gorgeous, smooth, there are no mistakes or smudges, the stories are interesting and wonderful, some longer, some shorter, there are many choices and yes it's a little disappointing that many stories are incomplete, but what the heck! The author deserves patience and, above all, the time to finish his stories, to concentrate on writing what he likes and gives joy, so as a fan the only thing we can do is to be patient and show our support. wonderful work and wonderful stories.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

anonj73

Offers way too many paths right from the beginning and the overwhelming majority of them go nowhere.

This is simply too big from the start for the author to handle. They would do much better to focus on one route leaving no traces of other routes in it, and then tacking other routes on.

I clicked through several restarts and they ALL lead to either nothing, or one sex scene then over.

There is no character development either... one or two choices in and you're already directly into a certain fetish. If you didn't end the game already.

K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple Stupid. That's what I'd say to the author. This is just too much of nothing.

The writing suffers from wall of text, too. I found myself skimming just to get an idea of what was going on for the next choice... if you want to get someone to read a wall of text, make us care about the situation we've entered or the character we brought or are interacting with.

We don't care here because instead of developing one character in one storyline, you have the very brief start of 20 characters in 100 different possible stories that all go nowhere. And they all differ so wildly in the direction they go that the world loses any consistency. Having storylines change the world entirely (like one made everyone into half-animals) just ruins consistency for any other playthroughs. What I mean is, if you play as one character, it should be assumed that the events of the characters you aren't playing, still happen, because it's all the same world. But it's not.

It breaks immersion because it informs the player that they aren't a character immersed in a world, rather the world is revolving around that character.

In these genres... or heck, in anything that relates to writing stories, it's better to do one thing really well than to do a bunch of things poorly. This is clearly trying to give everyone everything... and it acts like it wants to be 100 different games in one.

And for an HTML game they waste the power of PHP and other webbased languages to offer stats and inventory and other things that give the player a sense of progression. This has none of that.

I cannot see how this can ever be something substantial given the route of development. It's guaranteed to have holes and be void of soul or character.

The only thing it had going for it was the download was only 40mb.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Kommios

This is proper smut. Genuinely excellent writing, all manner of different kinks covered, a huge variety of different paths.
    And yes, many of those paths are very incomplete. However, there is a ton of content in Devious World at the moment - you just have to be willing to be a little patient and explore all of the available options.
    If you treat this as a proper CYOA and try to follow a specific path you may well be disappointed.
    If, however, you give every option a try, you'll find professional quality writing which is funny, disturbing, moving, surprising and frequently very hot. IMO, Devious World is one of the most impressive things I've discovered though F95Zone.
    Highly recommended.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

lawry

so many dead ends... no matter what choice it seems there is no content... how did this get more than 1 star... Wish I could do 0 stars...

If there are to many ideas then stick with two routes first as a an alpha/beta then expand later. after choosing any character there are dead ends... It's text based you should just make one story first and finish that first.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Playfulpetfox

The Good:
    Writing, and a decent amount of it per important paragraph. A lot of these games will be barren when it comes to content in the scenes, but this thankfully isn't that way. However...

The Bad:
    "This passage doesn't exist."
    There's almost no content. I'm not sure if I created literally the worst character ever, or there just isn't any content right now. No matter what path you pick, you'll quickly end up with no options left, and no good option to go back to a path that leads anywhere. The creator focused a lot on various options, but seemingly bit off more than they could chew, and ended up giving no choice at all. This might have potential, but it will be at least a year before we see it unless they start churning out 10k words a day. This project is simply too ambitious, and was released before the dough had even begun to rise.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

MachoGuy

I kind see the way it's going and in the end could be a good game but as if it is right now it too little.

This game is taking to many paths and finishes none, the dev should focus on 2 3 principals paths and let the rest for later.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

abao

Way too ambitious. The branches are innumerable, and of course not a single one of them yields fruit. Dead ends, dead ends, and more dead ends.

This is a demo that stayed a demo years after the initial release. I don't see it ever becoming anything else.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Alteration

It feels like 90% of the content just isn't there.

I have no idea when the first release happened, but the first post was January 2018, its been two years and it still feels incredibly bare.

My experience alone it had been roughly a year since I last had a look at this game only to come back and feel like nothing has progressed.

I feel the developer needs to focus on finishing each path individually for the updates to feel like they have any weight behind them.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

whotheff

the progress of adding paths is so slow, that you will grow beard before this game is near finished. Very short on visual content, huge text-heavy pages, and many many missing links due to non finished paths.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Mercedes

The writing is very interesting, but almost every path fails at some point due to discontinuous decisions.
    I achieved a game over twice without the developer being able to continue the game.

I hate to bring this phrase again, but unfortunately that's the way it is.
    The game has potential and I would like to try later versions again. If it was just v50, I would probably only go back to v150, in the hope that many paths will then be completed and you will experience more than 15 screens before it doesn't go on.