Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
What? The game has been divided into Devious World (mundane protagonists in fantasy/sci-fi situations) and Devious Mundanity (fantasy/sci-fi protagonists) for a long time. Like over 40 updates/months ago.
I have no clue about that, never played that game. But now its not in one zip anymore? or just one updated. Are we leave the old links in cause it supposed to be both games?

Gorm13

Aug 19, 2017
I have no clue about that, never played that game. But now its not in one zip anymore? or just one updated. Are we leave the old links in cause it supposed to be both games?
Ok, now I see the issue. I think the dev usually only includes the games that have new stuff in the update, so you'd have to go the previous update for Devious World. Saves on file size, I guess, but it's certainly inconvenient if you don't get the new version every month.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Ok, now I see the issue. I think the dev usually only includes the games that have new stuff in the update, so you'd have to go the previous update for Devious World. Saves on file size, I guess, but it's certainly inconvenient if you don't get the new version every month.
Hmm that probably means I need to leave the old links in as its Devious world v93. But then again it has the old version of the other game inside. Will probably see what to do tomorrow.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Loads, upon loads, of unfinished stories, and we have two new characters now?

Seriously?
Yes and if you'd read any part of this thread you'd know that the way Skooma writes hasn't changed so why whinge? If you don't like the amount of content just put the thread on ignore and move on.

Reactions: Decckar

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
It's 2024, two years since I've been here. Played the game for 4 minutes. Two passages has been added to the content I always look for progress on. That's maybe 6 years since I first played the game. Maybe by 2077 the game will be finished. Oh wait... it won't. If the # of Deadends are growing exponentially then... more likely dude leave this first. There's what? A couple thousand deadends in the game already?

• Sad
Reactions: quiboune

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
ya'll really going off on the concept of an author writing a bunch of (smutty) short stories and coming back to them whenever muse and whimsy strikes

Reactions: Decckar and zOh

AAmTT

Dec 10, 2018

For some context he had to split the Htmls because of Twine 1 issues with the amount of text in the game. So now when he updates he just uploads whichever htlms got changes. It's all essentially the same game/short story collection just with it split up based on content so that twine stops having issues for him.

clunker__a

Feb 25, 2022
Am I crazy or was there a male version of Devious World at some point? Raking my hair searching for it :cry:

Is it supposed to be missing from the folder...?

Last edited:

Decckar

Aug 24, 2017
Am I crazy or was there a male version of Devious World at some point? Raking my hair searching for it :cry:

Is it supposed to be missing from the folder...?
Last month's, DW v93 in the OP, should have it. If it's not there, you should only have to search a few pages back from here to find where v92 was linked and that should definitely have it.

As mentioned above on this page, Skooma only posts the files that have actually been updated/changed. So this month only DM got new content, nothing from DW.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri
2.90 star(s) 53 Votes