HTML - Devious World [v92 Alpha] [Devious Skooma]

1. 2.00 star(s)

TheOnlyKong

This game is just a collection of small short stories. Almost every single route is unfinished. The dev is a solid writer, but frankly as many have pointed out, this game is a waste of time for both the dev and players. It's simply not feasible to finish making. I'd much prefer if this work were abandoned and the dev wrote for some other artist to create full scenes. So many games out here with solid renders but trash story, meanwhile this dev doesn't understand scope but knows how to write. If we could just combine them together... But that's just my opinion.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Vvsttannat

I found this game around 2015 in TFGames.

It's been nearly 9 damn years and this MF is still closer to the start than the first quarter of the whole project. Is it really THAT difficult to focus?

It's a shame, because the writing is pretty good. But how am I supposed to enjoy the game when I'm always two or three clicks away from an end of content?

Skooma could've just picked two or three single stories per gender that could've branched out and the game would've been over by now, but instead they've decided to attempt at writing 10k+ different stories that only last for a couple of passages.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

frankensteiner316

im sorry but this is shit. Potentially not shit but as it is rn its 100% shit. Maybe the male pc is better, but every female path you take ends in a red passage missing. Also ive found one picture? I didnt click through every option so maybe there are more but ive clicked through most of them and only found one. Writing is decent, not great but not bad, stories kinda make me think of those tv shows like tales from the crypt. No pictures despite there being a pictures folder makes me question some stuff. No music so cant deduct points for that.
    Overall its absolutely not worth it, dont waste time.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Death Panda

This is a very poorly thought out concept for a game. There are 24 characters and each of their routes has a large number of choices which never seem to merge. Because of this, very conservatively assuming only 2 choices per page, there will be 768 routes being written when you get 5 pages into each route, 24,576 routes when you get 10 pages into each route, and 786,432 routes when you get 15 pages into each route. This game or collection of short stories or whatever-you-want-to-call-it will never be completed to a satisfactory level.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

TinkleTonkle

This game suffers from a lack of discipline with content. Instead of vying for a few finished stories it is a couple dozen incredibly incomplete stories. The writing for some of them is good and I would like to see more of it but that is unlikely considering the large amount of other content that also needs completion.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

BlackDahliaStudios

Version a87:

This game is the epitome of a mixed bag. I really like it, but it has glaring issues.

The writing is good, sometimes offering inspiring and fantastic situations that suck me in and I can't get out of my head. Other times it falls flat, due to lengthy descriptions or boring subject matter. In a text game, the writing is paramount, so having no editor can be challenging.

The concept and design is too ambitious. Not only does the game start out with over 20 branches in character creation, but it keeps branching with each new passage. This is a mathematical issue because each new branch is an exponential, factorial increase, not multiplication. In other words if each passage had only two choices and each branch had only three passages, the resulting number of passages would be 220 (2^3 * 20 + 2^2 * 20 + 20). Make each branch four passages long (a very modest increase in each branch), and and you're suddenly looking at 540 passages. Each additional passage, averaged across all the branches, more than doubles the amount of work required. And that's assuming only two options. Many passages in this game branch in more than two directions. Assuming a modest 250 words (average length of a manuscript page) in each passage, the hypothetical game with branches that are four passages long requires that author to write a total of 135,000, in other words, a full novel (~50,000-100,000 words). This example is theoretical, so let's look at the real numbers.

In reality, the author has written 3.5 million words at this point and the game is maybe 25% complete at most. (I'm being generous.) So, that makes this at least a 15 million word project. The author wrote the currently existing prose over 10 years; continuing this pace will result in the game completing in 30 more years at the earliest. So, probably not before the author turns 60 years old. And let's be realistic: pace decreases over time, so it will take longer than that.

With the (conservative) math aside, my point is this: the design is not feasible. The author needs to fix it somehow or it will never be finished. Options: fewer branches, branches that combine back together, choices that don't generate new branches, shorten the length of each branch, change character creation so it doesn't generate branches, etc. There are many ways to fix this problem, but it needs to be fixed somehow.

The choices aren't always clear about communicating consequences, they expose the player to extreme content without warning that may be unpleasant, and there isn't much player agency overall.

This game has a great concept, but botched the execution. It's designed as a collection of unfinished short stories rather than a game. Despite its issues, I still like, but I wish it was better.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Nick_Rock90

I'm going to be honest with this, it's a mediocre project that only serves to excite and then drop you, you can't take a simple route without the option you want later being blocked, my main problem with this game is that it shows you so much but so little at the same time, the developer should focus on finishing character routes rather than starting a new game which surely nobody asked for, the only good thing about this in the female route is the bestiality, and even so it fails to be avoidable (more than taking a totally different route most of the time) or without noticing first at least, everything else is surpassed by Girl' life in terms of gameplay, the only good thing about the game in general and what it deserves 2 stars for is the writing that really excites you but that quickly lowers you from the cloud due to blocked routes
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Taula

A chore to read.
    Jump through choices until you find the start of a path, then pray that the path is more than two "choices" deep. There are no choices most of the time, you will be presented with 5 choices but only 1 will lead anywhere.

Apart from the saltiness that comes from finding a route I absolutely love but finding that there is no way it is added upon nor continued in any meaningful way, my only remaining gripe is how hard is finding the content.
    There should be a guide pinned or a quick-jump menu at the start or something, if you could just straight up ignore all the useless branches (both marked and unmarked) the user experience would gain so much more.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

bloodbus

Can't enjoy a game that leads nowhere no matter what choice you make. I think it could be good, but the fact that I couldn't get anywhere in any story was annoying. The writing is fine. Sometimes there's anime pictures that should just be removed - it's inconsistent with the rest of the game. And since this game was posted here in January of 2018, a couple months away from being 5 years old, I'm going to be very critical of this. How has it taken nearly 5 years to write a handful of unfinished stories? Dev couldn't focus on one story to the end - not even a single branch? At least label which ones are dead ends from the start instead of this
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Fitshace

This is a really good game. Lots of options and paths, great variety of kinks and excellent writing. It would easily be 5 stars if it wasn't so damn frustrating. As mentioned, insane amount of scenarios and paths, which is great, and understandably they're not all finished, that's fine. But the way that is handled is incredibly frustrating. I'd prefer there be a few finished paths and the unfinished ones simply tell you "this path will be out in the future" or something. Rather this game lets you progress a certain way along a path and then suddenly you a hit the unfinished point. Often this will be just before the action gets started. Just before MC can fuck his daughter, just before MC can teach his son's bratty GF a lesson etc. It happened to me again and again and again across all the various paths, and it really got on my nerves. So again, great game, but the way the unfinished paths are handled makes it feel like a major tease.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Troujou

Can't wait for more content, but this is an amazing one so far!

The short version is that there's a great variety of fetishes, and seem to have had a lot of thought on each one, rather than simply checking boxes, it seems the writer made sure that the various kinks get the love they deserve.

The down side to all the different branching paths, and various characters is that there's a good chance right as you're getting into it you've hit the end of the line, but assuming development continues it'll be well worth the wait.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Daagd

Really enjoyed the details and interesting stories that have been crafted. I don't think that the lack of pictures really affects how the story plays out. Especially considering that vast amounts of possibilities you have mapped out.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

moopdoop

Few completed stories, but plenty of completed scenes! Plus, the developer keeps chugging along, so check it out, see if you like the writing / themes, and you will have a good amount of content every month.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

nanayabusiness

What is there to say about this "game?" It's a mix of your typical CYOA book and an open-ended text adventure. Unfortunately, it has the weaknesses of both and the strengths of neither. There is no scope to the stories contained within and branches are entirely arbitrary. Even if it is ever finished, it will still be a crappy, forgettable experience.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

y33tthem34t

Truly the Star Citizen of explicit html text games. Extremely far from any kind of finished state, would not at all be surprising if it was never finished, progress is seemingly steady yet relatively insignificant, playing seems entirely fruitless as nothing is done to the point where you can actually get anywhere, but despite all of that what is there is so very very spicy.

It's so painful, because nearly every branch is interesting, almost every explicit situation one of the hottest I've ever read, but literally none of them have an actual ending, so you will be blue balled not only sexually, but also conceptually. God, I want to know what happens after you've been appointed the leader of the loli demon lord's corrupting anti-magical girl squad, I want to know what you do with your fully crewed hover carrier, I want to know what happens after you ask your rich aunt to make you her weird kinky sex slave pet, I want to know what happens when you agree to bring your hot attachable penis futa mom your friends pussies, but will I ever know bros? Will I ever know? Fucking doubtful honestly. God it's sad.

So here I sit, cum tissues at my side, head in my hands, contemplating the greatest, most fulfilling nuts that may never come to pass.

V72 Alpha, Devious Skooma, for the love of god, at least finish a couple routes, holy shit, you spastic. Maybe that sounds entitled, but you are fucking torturing me with this shit.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

w0eme

Well, it's good i guess? It's really underdeveloped but it's what i'd expect from the alpha version of anything

(Now, from the paths i've chosen, the more... eyecatching stuff is avoidable and even if not it's got some pretty good writing anyways, so extra star)
  17. 2.00 star(s)

þussy

The writing is good and the potential is there for a great game, but there are far far too many branches with dead ends. It is a mile wide and an inch deep. There needs to be more focus on completing storylines. Instead of updating several at one time.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

lnkster

There is nothing here in this game whose first release was more than three years ago. The defense on this poor implementation is "That's just how the developer works", which should let you know not to waste your time reading an intro to a story you like which will go unfinished indefinitely.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

tom54321

Pretty much what the other reviews say. Every route I chose ended after no more than 10 clicks with zero pictures in between. This is just a bad cartoon version of Transfigure. Needs way more pictures or videos and needs to remove all options that have only a few sections worth of content. No point wasting your time.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

hisoka1234

the amount of new kinks this gave me is disgusting. 5 stars, 10/10, please continue the route where you take turns w the dog makers dog of you fucking it and it fucking you in Jamie's job route, begging with all my heart. Also would literally die and go to heaven for more of the adult mom whos name escapes me, but i want so bad for more incest routes w her... its hot