MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
So the dev quit his job so he could laze about and do just as much if not half the work? I'm sorry, but when you're constantly leaving cliffhangers (and some I wouldn't even consider a cliffhanger) every few moments, with tons of story threads just suddenly cut, you're a shitty writer.

ExcitedTengu

Jun 27, 2018
So the dev quit his job so he could laze about and do just as much if not half the work? I'm sorry, but when you're constantly leaving cliffhangers (and some I wouldn't even consider a cliffhanger) every few moments, with tons of story threads just suddenly cut, you're a shitty writer.
That's just he Patreon cycle. Next will be a long list of medical issues which slow an already glacial rate of progress.

NotYourBiznes

Apr 2, 2019
How do I save in this piece of... ? I ain't gonna waste my browser bookmarks on this game. Also, what choices should I make at the beginning to have the most content? I've already had plenty dead ends and I'm getting tired of it.

Last edited:

Menome

Jul 17, 2017
Public Alpha 55 now up on the Patreon site:

Dragunav

Dec 8, 2017
Its been 2 years, 2 years, is there any male story finished?
I don't think anyones story is finished.

OnT: the problem with these games is the quantity comes before quality, there's so many characters to choose from, only to see that 70% of them only have an introduction and nothing else, i'd rather see that they'd focus entirely on finishing characters before developing others.

Reactions: pootin

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
how come some much stuff is block off am i doing something wrong like i went shopping around aunts room and made sever choices but there blocked off saying content isn't there.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
how come some much stuff is block off am i doing something wrong like i went shopping around aunts room and made sever choices but there blocked off saying content isn't there.
The answer's right there in the error message. The dev hasn't made the content yet.

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
The problem with Devious World is that the dev went way too broad right from the start. So now we have loads of characters, each with loads of possible paths and choices, but only a few of those have been written beyond the first few pages, if at all.

While I admire the ambition to make it like this, it'll be many years before even one character's paths are all completed. It would've been much better to focus on one or two characters at a time, then slowly expand and introduce more characters. Instead we have loads of fans now asking for their favorite path on their favorite character to be continued, and only a few of those fans will get their wish for a long time.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
While I admire the ambition to make it like this, it'll be many years before even one character's paths are all completed.
That will literally never happen. The writer has said multiple times they never intend for Devious World to ever be finished and they spent a year trying to focus on one character to make people happy and it just bloated her because they write what's interesting to them at the time, so storylines that would have worked better on a different character were forced into hers and she still wasn't ever finished.

Cyan is like 1/3 of the total game now and probably has more dead ends than everyone else outside of jamie/eric combined because of suggestions like yours.

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
That will literally never happen. The writer has said multiple times they never intend for Devious World to ever be finished and they spent a year trying to focus on one character to make people happy and it just bloated her because they write what's interesting to them at the time, so storylines that would have worked better on a different character were forced into hers and she still wasn't ever finished.

Cyan is like 1/3 of the total game now and probably has more dead ends than everyone else outside of jamie/eric combined because of suggestions like yours.
Except it could have worked if Devious World had started out with only one or two characters. Like I said, if there were only a few characters to work on, with somewhat fixed fetishes driving the paths the progress on those characters would be a lot faster. Had there been a clear end point for their stories the dev could then have moved on to new characters, eventually expanding the game as far as they wanted.

I've also read that the dev has said that they write what interests them at the time, and props to them for sticking to that I guess, so this approach would probably not have worked with this dev, but a similar game made by a different dev could have worked the way I explained and it probably would have worked out a lot better in my opinion. Because the dev of DW introduced so many characters right at the start and shows all their possible paths in the game itself, people have been looking forward to seeing their favorite content since the start, yet some of those paths have never been touched beyond their small introduction.

To be fair though, I've unfortunately seen this happen to a lot of games over the years. Where the initial plan for the game looks really broad and detailed in theory, but it's usually just not possible to finish such games in an acceptable time frame. The dev starts to feel pressured to keep pumping out updates to meet their promises, the supporters start losing faith and will complain and demand more and more; it's a mess all around. That's why I feel it's better to start small and then slowly work your way outwards from there. Don't promise 20+ different paths and outcomes when you can feasibly only provide a maximum of 5 per year.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri

DobleD1

Aug 28, 2018
Except it could have worked if Devious World had started out with only one or two characters. Like I said, if there were only a few characters to work on, with somewhat fixed fetishes driving the paths the progress on those characters would be a lot faster. Had there been a clear end point for their stories the dev could then have moved on to new characters, eventually expanding the game as far as they wanted.

I've also read that the dev has said that they write what interests them at the time, and props to them for sticking to that I guess, so this approach would probably not have worked with this dev, but a similar game made by a different dev could have worked the way I explained and it probably would have worked out a lot better in my opinion. Because the dev of DW introduced so many characters right at the start and shows all their possible paths in the game itself, people have been looking forward to seeing their favorite content since the start, yet some of those paths have never been touched beyond their small introduction.

To be fair though, I've unfortunately seen this happen to a lot of games over the years. Where the initial plan for the game looks really broad and detailed in theory, but it's usually just not possible to finish such games in an acceptable time frame. The dev starts to feel pressured to keep pumping out updates to meet their promises, the supporters start losing faith and will complain and demand more and more; it's a mess all around. That's why I feel it's better to start small and then slowly work your way outwards from there. Don't promise 20+ different paths and outcomes when you can feasibly only provide a maximum of 5 per year.
You don‘t understand, Skooma made a perfect business model for herself: because of this dead ends and Patreon’s vics she can consume money at least twenty years. At least she stoped to write her stupid novels and focused on DW and DM.

Timthecarp

Sep 30, 2018
You don‘t understand, Skooma made a perfect business model for herself: because of this dead ends and Patreon’s vics she can consume money at least twenty years. At least she stoped to write her stupid novels and focused on DW and DM.
Pretty much. It's a never ending mill of smut because it's designed to be never ending, she can write this and only this for the rest of forever because people are willing to pay for it. Forever. Probably in the hopes that stuff that appeals to them shows up eventually. The writing itself is enough to hook people, because it's excellent. Just remember to not go into it expecting a finished product, at any point. Because this thing isn't getting finished.

Reactions: Watters and \EGOIST

DobleD1

Aug 28, 2018
Pretty much. It's a never ending mill of smut because it's designed to be never ending, she can write this and only this for the rest of forever because people are willing to pay for it. Forever. Probably in the hopes that stuff that appeals to them shows up eventually. The writing itself is enough to hook people, because it's excellent. Just remember to not go into it expecting a finished product, at any point. Because this thing isn't getting finished.
Yep. And remember: there is always being a possibility that your favorite route will never receive any new content and this is really sucks. Also about excellent writing, it is not excellent, just medium-good. Especially if you read a lot of books.

Reactions: Watters

Tinstaafl

Dec 20, 2018
I've found a few complete routes, and mostly I've enjoyed them... and for now I'm giving up on the game :(.

It's just too frustrating to constantly run into unfinished stories. Why, oh why don't you just put an asterisk or a X at each fork, that leads only to unfinished content, so we would be warned, what we are getting ourselves into?

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
It's just too frustrating to constantly run into unfinished stories. Why, oh why don't you just put an asterisk or a X at each fork, that leads only to unfinished content, so we would be warned, what we are getting ourselves into?
Better to add asterisks at forks that lead to finished content, that way he he as to add only 10 asterisks instead of a thousand, give or take.

2.90 star(s) 53 Votes