Daz Blender Dicktator Weirdness with Geometry Editor Prior to exporting to Blender via Diffeo.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I've posted in the Blender discord (AnimeNyan's), and on Meipe's Renderotica forum, figured I might as well post here as well.

First, I just added Dicktator (along with the shells and Pumping Pole) and got a weird texture in Blender with an error (images labeled 1 and 2.).

error2.png error.png

Which led me to this page on the Diffeomorphic website/blog: .

While following the above link from the Diffeo Blog got rid of the error, it opened up more issues: When I go into the Geometry Editor in Daz as the directions from Diffeo state to do, I get this weird deformation that I've never seen with Daz before (see Image labled 3.). I've worked with Daz for a few years now and would consider myself fairly advanced with the software, and I've never come across anything even really close to this.

geoeditor weirdness.png

It seems to import somewhat fine into Blender (meaning no errors and such), but then I'm left with texture issues on Dicktator (see image labeled 4.).

texture weirdness.png

Just in case it's needed, the figure I'm using is a mishmash of several figures, but the original one was FN Noah HD. The skin is Joan 9, and the normals are Michael 9. I'm basically stumped here. I've googled and googled and can't really seem to find anything that replicates this issue. Has anyone here come across this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Does it stay like this once you've left the Geometry Editor ?
I don't reproduce with Noah + DicktatorG9 + Pumping Pole Palette Banana Bar.

At first glance I'd say it's a bug with the DicktatorG9_Shell, with the latter selected, is the Shell Node parameter (Parameters tab) still linked to FN Noah HD ?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Does it stay like this once you've left the Geometry Editor ?
I don't reproduce with Noah + DicktatorG9 + Pumping Pole Palette Banana Bar.

At first glance I'd say it's a bug with the DicktatorG9_Shell, with the latter selected, is the Shell Node parameter (Parameters tab) still linked to FN Noah HD ?
Yes and no. It comes back out with the shell messed up, but not mangled like it in the Geometry Editor. It looks like everything is still linked to Noah after leaving the Geometry Editor. I'll give Dicktator G9 a clean (and manual) reinstall. Maybe Daz Content Manager fucked something up.

View attachment 2024-06-27 20-15-51.mp4

Dunderdeuce

Oct 10, 2021
You want to save the daz file before entering geometry editor, then only export while in geometry editor. The materials and UVs get messed up otherwise.

If the seam/edge is only visible in rendered view, then it could possibly be caused by a displacement map that’s missing its textures and UV map.

no_more_name

Mar 3, 2024
Which led me to this page on the Diffeomorphic website/blog: .
Simply put, when you click on geometry editor, meshes are reduced to base poly level (without SubDivision). Back in the day you exported at base level and let Blender do to SubD via multires modifier. But I'm almost certain that's not your problem here, and fairly sure it's completely obsolete.

This is UV mismatch (as the original error say) from what I can observe. My best guess is the graft (mesh) has different UV from the geoshell (texture), but I'm not sure.

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You want to save the daz file before entering geometry editor, then only export while in geometry editor. The materials and UVs get messed up otherwise.

If the seam/edge is only visible in rendered view, then it could possibly be caused by a displacement map that’s missing its textures and UV map.
That was it! Thanks a ton. Been going at this for days. Go figure it was the one thing I didn't really think about trying.

Reactions: gojira667