RPGM - Completed - DID Adventure ~Escape From The Abandoned Factory~ [v2.0] [Yumekakiya]

1. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

It didn't take long to beat. Got all the endings to get context. And uh...yeah. Pretty average. I'm not marking the spoilers for this review because it contributes to why this review is just average. I'm harsher in terms of the characters though (there's only three) and I expected more.

Pros:
    • Everything is voice acted including male characters
    • Great artwork
    • Above average translation with a few errors
    • Game is really easy to understand
    • It’s easy to get all the endings without having to use the guide provided
    • Explores not so common kinks
    • Multiple endings
    Cons:
    • Game can be completed in an hour at most
    • Not all the kinks are fully explored. AKA the game doesn’t want to dip into guro territory but then goes for the softcore stuff with the screen fading to black.
    • Non-existent story. Which is the main problem for many reasons. For one, we only know that the protagonist Mio is kidnapped by a villain organization as a way to “get back at her dad”. We don’t know what is going on because it’s from her POV. She doesn’t even know why she’s being held hostage outside of her father’s position.
    • You have to do events in a certain order to avoid bad endings. But the main issue is that each bad ending is rather inconsistent with the main villain Michelle’s character. From what is established, she was hired to kidnap Mio, hold her hostage until the negotiation is done and then do whatever she wants with her. In some bad endings, she flat out kills her just because she tried to escape. In the normal ending, we see that if she makes a blunder with Mio, she is punished. These endings go against common sense as a result, especially early on. After all, these talks are all happening during the first part before the police officer comes in.
    • Michelle’s character is not only inconsistent, but she’s also severely incompetent as a villain. After Mio’s first mistake in her eyes (when Satoko is introduced), she should have double checked to make sure there weren’t any loopholes. We see that Mio can escape early on, but it only results in a bad ending because of Mio’s own incompetence. But the drowning in the swamp scenario should have never happened had Michelle been an actual good villain. She is shown to miss the hair clip where Mio drowns and the game ends here.
    • Another inconsistent thing about Michelle’s character is the key puzzles that Mio has to do in order to unlock the next door. There is no logical reason for Michelle to have a different key in each room. We see in the bomb ending that she is capable of having all the keys in one place. For gameplay purposes, it's to insert a different bad ending. Either way, it makes her look even more stupid. Add to the fact her undoing in the true ending comes from the fact she never bothers to check Mio’s bag. She knows there’s a cellphone in there and some clothes from school, but she never found the taser?
    • The last hint of incompetence is that she never locks the door to the factory. How can there be at least three endings where Mio can just walk out the door with no repercussions? How come Michelle doesn’t have any backup in case she loses sight of the hostage?
    • Mio herself isn’t that great of a character. We’re supposed to feel sorry for her, but the more endings you get, the more you get a glimpse of what little characterization she has and it's not that great. She doesn’t do well under pressure. She tends to actually use her money to get out of situations in the past, so when it doesn’t work, she ends up being cowardly when she can’t afford to. The game tries to remind us she’s just a normal girl but the opening clearly states she’s the daughter of a very powerful man that the villain wants to get back at using her as bait. In all three endings, we see a sinister side to her that makes it clear that saving her probably wasn’t a good idea after all. The true ending at least is karma done to the villain. The other two endings though? SMH And reminder that one of the bad endings can be achieved by escaping without helping Satoko, which comes off as ungrateful.
    • The normal ending is a combination of a plot thread that is unfinished and showing that Mio is ungrateful for Satoko saving her. Getting that the first time was absolute whiplash since Satoko risked her life and all she gets in return is losing her job because Mio wants a new maid (which adds to the whole “I do know why my dad is hated. He can pull any string I ask him to”.)
    • The secret ending is actually trash. Game tries to congratulate you for getting the true ending, but all the secret ending does is allow the villains to win indirectly by Mio’s stupid actions. It makes going through the whole game pointless even if the hentai scene is great.
    • Satoko is the police officer who shows up halfway into the game. She’s the only person who attempts to save Mio, which is another inconsistency with the plot. Mio has a powerful family, but there’s no one looking for her? Why is it that only if you can call for help that someone actually tries to show up? And why didn’t Satoko request for backup or inform someone on where she was going? Granted, she could have assumed it was a prank call, but it would be better to be safe than sorry.
    • The snake ending is 100% random. The vore was just slapped in there and it doesn’t even make sense. Michelle just brings up that it's “an experiment” and it's like “From who?! The boss? Why is it here? How did it find Mio and Satoko? Why did it decide to eat humans? How was it surviving this long with no one up in the mountains?!”

So yeah. Just grab the save and watch the whole thing since story is nonexistent. If this is a series though, then I expect better things in the future.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Orphanus

I wish there was something between "poor" and "average", the game is not exactly poor, but it's very short, the story is completely irrelevant, the translation is well functional (but still riddled with errors), 1 of 3 endings is kinda nice, the other 2 are just really random and weird. The characters don't really have many personality traits, there is a decent amount of bad ends with protagonist death, as the Uploader already wrote the scenes aren't very graphic. The text accompanying the Bad and regular Ends are okay, nothing great, nothing bad.
    On a positive note the game (at least here) comes with a guide and maps for the 2 floors. I don't know what else to say. It's very mediocre, too short & just kinda meh, whatever.