Daz Different shaders on a same surface

Apr 7, 2020
Hi, how can I obtain something like this?
I want to customize an apartment but I can't assign more than one shader to the floor (which is a unique plane), so that I can have different pavements in the rooms.

Many thanks in advance

plane.png

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
OR try just putting a new plane 0.0001 above the floor and put a different shader on that. create->new primitive->type: plane.

Practicing using the geometry editor is probably a good idea though 'cause there's stuff you do need it for. If you for example wanted to do an opening in a wall for a window or door (I'm shit at it, probably 'cause I go for the simple lazy solutions kek).

Reactions: jonathanlivingston
Apr 7, 2020
Select your floor
Select geometry editor
Select polys you want change the surface (ctrl+/ctrl- to expand/shrink selection) :

View attachment 2706422

Geometry assignement >Create surface from selected, give it a name :

View attachment 2706424
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:
You have been so clear!
I got 3 simple questions:
1- how do I delete a geometry from the surface tab?
2- how do I move a geometry I've created?
3- with this method, is also possible to create "holes in the walls" so that I can place windows and doors wherever I want?
If yes: how?

Many thanks again :)
OR try just putting a new plane 0.0001 above the floor and put a different shader on that. create->new primitive->type: plane.

Practicing using the geometry editor is probably a good idea though 'cause there's stuff you do need it for. If you for example wanted to do an opening in a wall for a window or door (I'm shit at it, probably 'cause I go for the simple lazy solutions kek).
I had tried, but I got problems with the tiling, because of the different dimensions of all the plans :(

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
One more option for the completionists is to change the textures in a photoshop program (Useful if the items texture covers the entire texture.)

In this example I replaced the lines and put the logo in.
1687112959338.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:
You have been so clear!
I got 3 simple questions:
1- how do I delete a geometry from the surface tab?
2- how do I move a geometry I've created?
3- with this method, is also possible to create "holes in the walls" so that I can place windows and doors wherever I want?
If yes: how?

Many thanks again :)
Np o/

1- Instead of "Geometry assignement >Create surface from selected", just go geometry Editing > Delete selected polygon(s)

DAZStudio_EDG5Lmczfn.jpg

2- I'm not sure I understand. The same way you move any other object? If you want to make a new mesh of your selection, Geometry selection > invert selection, then delete everything like 1- and save it as a scene subset.

3- Yes, same as 1-.

Remember to save your edited mesh as a scene subset and merge it into a new scene. Daz prevent you to destroy asset your have paid for and save any edited mesh in the duf file. I order to save disk space, merging it in a new scene mean your save now is calling for your subset scene file instead of having the full edited mesh in it.

Sometimes you may want to delete thing you don't want and instead of selecting your polys by 'hands' you can auto-select polys from surfaces/faces. With geometry editor selected, open the tool settings :

Say I want to quickly removes laces on the shoes :

DAZStudio_6E0XtxXVQf.jpg

Selected unwanted surface, it will auto select assigned polys from that surfaces. Hide them and delete it :

DAZStudio_dIDTl2Uftx.jpg

Result :

DAZStudio_AAVrGr342d.jpg

Apr 7, 2020
Np o/

1- Instead of "Geometry assignement >Create surface from selected", just go geometry Editing > Delete selected polygon(s)

View attachment 2706502

2- I'm not sure I understand. The same way you move any other object? If you want to make a new mesh of your selection, Geometry selection > invert selection, then delete everything like 1- and save it as a scene subset.

3- Yes, same as 1-.

Remember to save your edited mesh as a scene subset and merge it into a new scene. Daz prevent you to destroy asset your have paid for and save any edited mesh in the duf file. I order to save disk space, merging it in a new scene mean your save now is calling for your subset scene file instead of having the full edited mesh in it.

Sometimes you may want to delete thing you don't want and instead of selecting your polys by 'hands' you can auto-select polys from surfaces/faces. With geometry editor selected, open the tool settings :

Say I want to quickly removes laces on the shoes :

View attachment 2706555

Selected unwanted surface, it will auto select assigned polys from that surfaces. Hide them and delete it :

View attachment 2706572

Result :

View attachment 2706582
Wow: you've opened my narrow mind :eek:
I really thank you a lot :)
But I think I have not well explained the point 1: I meant this:

surface.jpg

How do I remove one of the "ABC" "CDE" selection? I don't want to delete the polygons, but come back and have one subdivision less.

Thanks

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
How do I remove one of the "ABC" "CDE" selection? I don't want to delete the polygons, but come back and have one subdivision less.
With geometry editor selected, re-assign one of ABC or CDE surface to the original one. Select the surface you want to remove in tool setting. From my first exemple :

DAZStudio_ZJ7yENtDjV.jpg

You should see polycount of said surface change to zero. Then remove selected group :

DAZStudio_7meTihKF78.jpg

Last edited: