Dir command..

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
Please can you tell me if there is a console command that lists the variables and their min max values in renpy??

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Please can you tell me if there is a console command that lists the variables and their min max values in renpy??
With Ren'Py 6.x and 7.x, min value, -2147483648, max value, 2147483647. With Ren'Py 8.x there's no min, nor max, limits.

Now, that I answered the question you asked, I'll address the one you wanted to ask:

There's no way to know the min and max values, because they depend solely on the game and aren't related to Ren'Py. Plus they change from an update to another, because more content generally mean more points to earn.
As for knowing the variable names, there's many way to do this, but it's not because you know the name of a variable that you'll know what it's used for ; therefore knowing its name is useless.

Said otherwise, there's no shortcut when you want to cheat. Either you've to analyze the code of the game, or to ask in the game thread what are the significant variables and what interesting value they can have. Alternatively you can use a tool that permit to view the variables in an extended way, and track the changes to understand what they are used for.