Ren'Py - Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Tiur

I wanted to like this game, but I just can't. Summarized from my thread post:

The MC isn't particularly likable due to his not taking his own advice about his problems. There's no feeling of connection to any of the girls. Suzu is one of the worst VN love interests I've ever seen, and the game is worse for her being in it and being a love interest, with multiple other characters being actively worse for her inclusion and their lack of response to her hostility. The conflict is all contrived and driven by characters being intentionally non-communicative.

Lastly, the sandbox mechanic is 100% unnecessary and actively detracts from the game's pacing and story just by existing, and even with the sandbox 'choices' existing, the player has no choices that mean anything yet. I don't usually mind kinetic novels if the story is good, but this manages to somehow be a kinetic sandbox, with the worst aspects of both of those.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

thatvinyl

This some gourmet shit.

For real though cute girls, in a school setting, good story so far, very few spelling errors, characters without massive tits. These are all good things and i cannot wait to see where it's headed.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jamyong

Pleasantly surprised with how long this initial release was. It was easily more than a few hours and definitely has me invested in seeing where the story goes. There is a distinct lack of any erotic content thus far besides a few suggestive phrases and implications, but that's perfectly fine. All of the characters are well developed and have agency, and the dialogue is solid.

It would have been nice to change the MC's name, and that would usually be a bit of a deal breaker for me, but not being able to wasn't as annoying as I expected it to be.

The visuals so far are pleasant enough and I enjoyed the look of all the LI's.

I guess my only real complaints so far is that the monologuing of the MC is a tad much at times, but it's definitely understandable given his circumstances and not too egregious.

All in all, 5/5 stars because there is clearly a lot of thought and care being put into this game and it has a ton of potential to be great.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

KnowledgeBomb

Well done folks. I really enjoyed the innitial set up of the characters each with a defined personality. 4 stars for the renders and script. Im excited to see where it goes and definitly hope to see regular updates.

Edit from .4

This visual novel cotinues to draw me in with it's well witten characters. Keep it up.