Unity Abandoned Divine Exposure [Public 2022-12-01] [Apollo I'm Sorry]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Apollo I'm Sorry

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
I'm assuming the last scene for each location isn't available and is locked behind a paywall on patreon/subscribe star? Can't seem to bring any new interactable characters or objects into a location regardless of how many battles I do at this point.
Ah, you're too good at the battle stages then. Well not that I tried to make them hard or anything.

The 6th scene for each area triggers when you get defeated in battle.

Call it a nod to other games that have that sort of lose = h-scene dynamic.

I realize it's not too obvious. In the next update I'll add some hints on how to unlock those.

CursedYugu

Oct 22, 2021
I think the demo is promising but I'm lost and not sure how to move between areas. Will follow this project

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Fantastic bodies on the girls. And the game allows using spacebar while being unity title, in the initial release even. The author must be a genius.

The game is weirdly setup in different ways. Knowing what to do to get scenes and progress isn't obvious. You got the extremely repetitive minigame of exploring map. Theres characters with heart symbol characters that give you a scene when talked to, but theres other characters who give you a scene too. Interacting with them again leads to an unskippable scene repeat. Had no idea you had to lose the minigame to get the last 2 scenes as well.

Apollo I'm Sorry

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
Fantastic bodies on the girls. And the game allows using spacebar while being unity title, in the initial release even. The author must be a genius.

The game is weirdly setup in different ways. Knowing what to do to get scenes and progress isn't obvious. You got the extremely repetitive minigame of exploring map. Theres characters with heart symbol characters that give you a scene when talked to, but theres other characters who give you a scene too. Interacting with them again leads to an unskippable scene repeat. Had no idea you had to lose the minigame to get the last 2 scenes as well.
Didn't know allowing the use of the spacebar was such a luxury lol. The worst are the games that use Z and X for their accept/cancel. But yeah, I try to give people options.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm collecting everything people have said and next month I'll be updating the game so it feels smoother, more intuitive, more hints for what to do, among other stuff.

Reactions: feierflei

Miska Mikto

Jul 15, 2020
This is looking really promising! I absolutely love Bastet, and the MCs are interesting. I will echo what some others have already said, its a little clunky at times and not very intuitive. Also the auto bar thing keeps coming up randomly, which blocks the very important artsy bits, truly a tragedy.

As more areas are added, will there an easier way to move between areas?

Reactions: Apollo I'm Sorry

Apollo I'm Sorry

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
This is looking really promising! I absolutely love Bastet, and the MCs are interesting. I will echo what some others have already said, its a little clunky at times and not very intuitive. Also the auto bar thing keeps coming up randomly, which blocks the very important artsy bits, truly a tragedy.

As more areas are added, will there an easier way to move between areas?
I've listened to all the feedback and I'm reworking a lot of things.

The scenes are the main focus of this project, so I'm giving them priority and making adjustments so they can be more easily enjoyed.

The next update will make things simpler. As to when that will be available; before the end of the month (nov 2022).

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
I could not get past the combat. I put the cursor on on the spikey things and clicked until they died, but the game kept spawning more and bigger spikeys, and eventually I ran out of life.

I assume I'm missing something since no-one else seems to have the problem. Did I skip over the instructions or something?

Apollo I'm Sorry

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
I could not get past the combat. I put the cursor on on the spikey things and clicked until they died, but the game kept spawning more and bigger spikeys, and eventually I ran out of life.

I assume I'm missing something since no-one else seems to have the problem. Did I skip over the instructions or something?
Dying once should send you to the beach combat stage. Losing there will send you to the game over screen where you can try again or continue (there's a screenshot showing this).

Check again that you're playing the latest public version (this version makes you pick from 4 weapons before combat). If not, you can get the update from my .

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Dying once should send you to the beach combat stage. Losing there will send you to the game over screen where you can try again or continue (there's a screenshot showing this).
Oh, no. That bit worked just fine. I'd have seen that a lot, but I took grateful advantage of the option to skip scenes I'd already seen. {edit] I think, anyway. There was the bit about having to go into the underworld to rescue, Baal was it? And then I was back at the city with nothing to do put bush the explore button and get into another fight.

Check again that you're playing the latest public version (this version makes you pick from 4 weapons before combat). If not, you can get the update from my .
I downloaded it yesterday evening, from the first post in this thread. I did see a comment about it not being the latest compared to itch.io, but that was afterwards when I was looking to see if anyone had the same problem. By that point I was too worn out to raise the necessary enthusiasm.

I'll give it another go. I like the style and the premise here a lot. It was just a pity that I couldn't get at any of the content.

Reactions: Apollo I'm Sorry

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Good looking art, but I am not willing to go through the irritation of endless twitch QTE versions of Asteroids to get at whatever content the dev wants to keep me from. Especially when the fights seem pointless, the means of playing them are never explained, and the objective is a total mystery.

One of the most striking examples of "put your worst foot forward" I can recall. Put in a "skip combat" button if you want players to actually see and marvel at the good content of the game, 'cuz the combat ain't that.

Apollo I'm Sorry

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
Good looking art, but I am not willing to go through the irritation of endless twitch QTE versions of Asteroids to get at whatever content the dev wants to keep me from. Especially when the fights seem pointless, the means of playing them are never explained, and the objective is a total mystery.

One of the most striking examples of "put your worst foot forward" I can recall. Put in a "skip combat" button if you want players to actually see and marvel at the good content of the game, 'cuz the combat ain't that.
Glad you like the art.

noobloop

Aug 18, 2016
I'm having a problem with a crash, every time I get to the first combat section and I have to pick a weapon, whichever one I click crashes the game. I'm using the download from the itch.io page, but first I had tried to launch the older demo that's listed here so maybe that messed with save files or something?

Anyone know how to fix this?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok a game with absolutely no sound is total crap! Also that text was auto mode only could not click to continue really sucked also. Add sound to this game even if it's just some damn background music and give us control over the dialogue than I will check it out. As it is... it's garbage. Took so damn long to even get to the point where he says he wants you to run a town.. I deleted it as it's too much wasted time waiting on damn dialogue since you can't click to continue and auto is crap because some sentences are longer than others so it's not like you can set it at a specific speed and not miss anything.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote