VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Dizsolution [v0.01.05] [Fate]

1. 4.00 star(s)

hkennereth

I always appreciate a game that tells a story in a nicely tied arc for each chapter/release, and this is definitely a good example of that. On this first chapter an interesting story is set up with many different directions for its decently-sized cast, and different story lines are slowly interwoven in a natural fashion without relying on too much gratuitous exposition. There’s quite a lot of potential here, and I’m looking forward to see where it leads.

A recommendation for the developer: please include a “Previously” highlight reel at the beginning of each following chapter, showing the most relevant story beats and critical choices made by the player, to ensure we know where we were doing when we get the next chapter some months down the road.

It’s just held back by the presentation. The renders are a bit bland, with very even, uninteresting lighting, and animations that seem made of just a couple of frames in a very crude manner. Which is all a shame since it features very good looking characters and well-framed camera angles. The music track is also well made, but since it just seems to play tracks from its extensive list randomly in the background, often times the music really clashes with the events happening on screen.

All in all, it’s a good to keep an eye out for, and has enough meat on its bones to lead for a very solid game in the future. I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars, but hoping to see it rise to a five star game in the next few releases.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

Graphics are okay nothing too special.
    The start was filled with too many view points. We've got the MC and his clique, those people in the diner and those agents. So three seperate stories to come together, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for this amount of text.

Furthermore, what's with this timeskip in the beginneing? That's so confusing. Rick and Morty has already talked about this.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Amazing debut.. Great potential story.. strong characters.. visuals need a slight tweak but for a demo and debut they rock! Musical score is absolutly brilliant.. animation is quite good.. comedy timing is spot on.. Dont listen to the whiners who complain about long dialogues blah blah blah.. there the sort who just want to get to the fapping.. this has a potential to be an actual good STORY with lewd elements there to support the story setting.. Already became a pateron based on the demo and i'm choosy when it comes to support so it goes to show that this is a title that CAN actually go somewhere and not be another Abandoned Reads Casualty.. Well done on the demo.. I'm hooked