DLSite not working anymore?

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Hey guys,

sorry if this has been asked before but DLSite hasn't been able to be accessed for me for a few days now. I'm getting this error when trying to open up the site:

Screenshot (204).png
There's probably a way to fix this right? Tho thinking about it now... could it be the locale on my PC? I had it set to japanese and it always worked but I switched back to my own region because I needed it for something.

JansenX

Apr 26, 2017
There was an old thread where we tackled this issue. It seems some European countries got region blocked. After my inquiry, I got the following response from DLsite:

Thank you for your inquiry.

On November 2nd 2023, we began blocking German IP addresses from accessing DLsite.

We are not at liberty to disclose the reason/s for this block.
We may never be at liberty to disclose the reason/s for this block.
All we can say is that it was not something that we wanted to do.

Please be aware that there is no such block against German speakers who are located in Japan and wish to utilize DLsite's German language UI. If this applies to you and you are currently experiencing connection troubles, please make sure to check that your method of accessing our website is correctly set up.

Whether the block in question will be lifted and, if so, when that will be is something that we do not currently have an answer for.

Given the above turn of events...
We also advise that you do not access DLsite if doing so is illegal in your country.

While we are not aware of the laws outside of Japan...
(Nor are they something we wish to overly concern ourselves with...)
We must state that: "DLsite does not support or endorse illegal behavior in any form or manner."

What is considered illegal behavior will change by country, so we must leave the consideration of this to the good judgement of our customers. (In this case, it is only Germans that can decide, via the democratic process of their nation, what is and is not deemed acceptable in Germany.)

If you are not legally able to connect to our servers from your current location...
then we advise that you connect to our servers from a location where it is legal to do so.

Finally, we would like to add that, as we are a Japan based company, with our servers / company office / staff only in Japan... we are fully immune to the situation that an overseas customer gets accused of violating any constitutional, regional, federal, state, local, etc. laws where they apply.

Please judge the legality of products on our website in accordance with the rules and sensibilities of the country you are accessing from and then act with self-responsibility.

We ask for your understanding of the circumstances pertaining to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may be.

If by chance you need any other assistance, please feel free to reply and let us know.

Thank you for your support of DLsite.
We hope that you can continue to enjoy our services in future.
Sincerely yours
DLsite English Customer Support

----

So they nudge you to use a VPN or similar service to get around the block. I doubt the block will be lifted with the wording they used. Some country (probably Germany... it's always us) probably filed a complaint or other threat. <- This is speculation but the block wasn't in their interest as you can see in their response.
Back to the seas it is. I usually used this site for the translations or to Demo the games before buying but that's not an option anymore I guess...

Last edited:

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
There was an old thread where we tackled this issue. It seems some European countries got region blocked. After my inquiry, I got the following response from DLsite:

Thank you for your inquiry.

On November 2nd 2023, we began blocking German IP addresses from accessing DLsite.

We are not at liberty to disclose the reason/s for this block.
We may never be at liberty to disclose the reason/s for this block.
All we can say is that it was not something that we wanted to do.

Please be aware that there is no such block against German speakers who are located in Japan and wish to utilize DLsite's German language UI. If this applies to you and you are currently experiencing connection troubles, please make sure to check that your method of accessing our website is correctly set up.

Whether the block in question will be lifted and, if so, when that will be is something that we do not currently have an answer for.

Given the above turn of events...
We also advise that you do not access DLsite if doing so is illegal in your country.

While we are not aware of the laws outside of Japan...
(Nor are they something we wish to overly concern ourselves with...)
We must state that: "DLsite does not support or endorse illegal behavior in any form or manner."

What is considered illegal behavior will change by country, so we must leave the consideration of this to the good judgement of our customers. (In this case, it is only Germans that can decide, via the democratic process of their nation, what is and is not deemed acceptable in Germany.)

If you are not legally able to connect to our servers from your current location...
then we advise that you connect to our servers from a location where it is legal to do so.

Finally, we would like to add that, as we are a Japan based company, with our servers / company office / staff only in Japan... we are fully immune to the situation that an overseas customer gets accused of violating any constitutional, regional, federal, state, local, etc. laws where they apply.

Please judge the legality of products on our website in accordance with the rules and sensibilities of the country you are accessing from and then act with self-responsibility.

We ask for your understanding of the circumstances pertaining to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may be.

If by chance you need any other assistance, please feel free to reply and let us know.

Thank you for your support of DLsite.
We hope that you can continue to enjoy our services in future.
Sincerely yours
DLsite English Customer Support

----

So they nudge you to use a VPN or similar service to get around the block. I doubt the block will be lifted with the wording they used. Some country (probably Germany... it's always us) probably filed a complaint or other threat. <- This is speculation but the block wasn't in their interest as you can see in their response.
Back to the seas it is. I usually used this site for the translations or to Demo the games before buying but that's not an option anymore I guess...
You are right, it's always us germans who get shafted with too many completely unneccessary rules and regulations. So does a VPN actually work? It's not like I actively used DLSite or anything but it was nice to be able to see what's new and what'll (hopefully) get translated at some point.

JansenX

Apr 26, 2017
You are right, it's always us germans who get shafted with too many completely unneccessary rules and regulations. So does a VPN actually work? It's not like I actively used DLSite or anything but it was nice to be able to see what's new and what'll (hopefully) get translated at some point.
Yes VPNs work atm. But you never know when they'll put a big "F**k you!" sign to that too.

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
You are right, it's always us germans who get shafted with too many completely unneccessary rules and regulations.
You were always under a weirdly restrictive regime for game content but it's really sad to see the home of the CCC so tightly controlled.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I'm starting to hate this country.
So many things are banned unnecessarily.

First zippyshare is blocked, then burningseries, Steam has a lot of games that you can't even watch in Germany and now DLSite is gone...

What the fuck is wrong with our country???
I am glad you noticed. I agree, in some countries they tend to be restrictive, Hopefully things get better.

darkkismeth

Jul 18, 2018
Once again, instead of looking into the laws and considering options, germany as a whole gets blocked and shafted. Sooner or later, you need VPN to surf the internet normal without getting blocked left and right.

It is more frustrating considering the fact, that i could support my favourite hentai devs through DLsite, now i'm forced to join the pirate fleet or pay more just for VPN, not really great choices.

There was a bypass to use without need for VPN, but the DLsite shut it down as some idiot had to post it on the DLsite Discord.

DeviYuma

Aug 14, 2021
Does someone know a free vpn who dont put like 1000 viruses on your phone/pc want to get to dlsite again

Kai956

Jun 15, 2017
Useless regulations here in germany. Now I can't even access the things I bought on dlsite anymore because of that shit. It really is time to move away from here

BlackJackDice

Dec 5, 2021
Does someone know a free vpn who dont put like 1000 viruses on your phone/pc want to get to dlsite again
i use the free VPN from proton. Works well so far with DLsite. Same guys who made protonmail.
It's high time to leave this country behind.

naralose12341

Jul 21, 2017
I'm starting to hate this country.
So many things are banned unnecessarily.

First zippyshare is blocked, then burningseries, Steam has a lot of games that you can't even watch in Germany and now DLSite is gone...

What the fuck is wrong with our country???
im beginning to feel the same. i have a moderate amount of articles on DLsite and becaus of some Dipsh**** who feel like they have to be dicks about anything thats fun. everyone else has to suffer als well. i would request from god to smite the person responsible. so many good things get blocked for no good reason man