do you dislike anal? restricting kinks in games

caudatum

May 25, 2024
I remember a time where I was disgusted by it. For my game I've been thinking about how I can let the player set a preference that works with their tastes.

By now, I developed to like it and I wonder if players would see it as a no-go if a game contained anal focused content. How important is it to provide options for players to dodge content they do not like? Should that be my mindset? Or should I just say that you're not supposed to play my game if you don't like my tastes?

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I remember a time where I was disgusted by it. For my game I've been thinking about how I can let the player set a preference that works with their tastes.

By now, I developed to like it and I wonder if players would see it as a no-go if a game contained anal focused content. How important is it to provide options for players to dodge content they do not like? Should that be my mindset? Or should I just say that you're not supposed to play my game if you don't like my tastes?
... Anal seems as a rather "vanilla" fetish...
... so just give player an option to "fuck ass" or "fuck pussy"...
... people generally add warning for more extreme fetishes: e.g Gore, Necrophilia, Water Sports...
... but one of the general rules of game development is: Assume that user is gonna complain about anything.

Reactions: Xakorik

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
I don't care. If game have content, which i don't like, then i go away and look for another. Simple as that. People complain everytime. Even if you make game, where is possible on and off all kinks in the world, people still complain. Just do what you like and what you know. Fail or success is not only determined by kinks. For me i can just skip some content i hate, if i know game or visual novel offer other thinks.

Reactions: LS47

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
anything you put into a game will be a dealbreaker for SOME people. anal isn't that common as dealbreaker, but it's straightforward to give player options for sex acts.

MOST games will separate vaginal and anal for the stairway to heaven anyway because it creates the illusion of the character having some agency about what she's willing and not willing to do. the more she resists the player the more she has a personality.

Reactions: Xakorik

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
I don't mind if it's in the game as long as I can skip/ignore it. It's not for me. That said, as a prudent game dev, I'll add it in every game I'll make and have it as optional content.

Reactions: KuClover

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
Fucking in the pussy is a common thing. But to fuck in the ass, we must earn such a privilege. Because women are always against it :)

TAU9

Oct 11, 2022
I actually do think that games should provide toggles for as much sexual content as possible. If a dev wants their artwork to be as is then they have full right to, but if they're looking to appeal to more people, of course a switch for pretty much everything is optimal.

What vanilla actually is varies from person to person - IIRC there was an adult flash artist many years ago who only did anal stuff and refused to make any vaginal stuff because he was sexually assaulted at a young age or something (or at least that was the rumor). Again if devs can't accommodate for these sort of things or plain don't want to, no worries as long as the game's correctly tagged, but it's a nice courtesy.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Why are you so anal?

Do what you like and not what others like and, as mentioned, give players the choice to opt out. Simple.