Do you prefer 2D or 3D art style?

yz.en_

Formerly 'Yazen_'
Nov 24, 2022
Haha well, that's sadly still something I will have to find out now :)
The recent switch to being solo again has caused us to put a good few things on hold, which is why I just started something new a week ago. I plan to have a first alpha done by the end of December, which would still be far from a complete chapter. The most recent thing we've been working on and that's almost finished now is an application for pixel art - That took like five months, on and off.

Love to hear it, that's a very cool skillset to have! Youtube really is the best source to fill in those gaps.
Oh I see, well I wish you the best of luck with your future works! Hope it sails smooth and well! :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vinnary

nulnil

May 18, 2021
2D is usually quite limited in terms of gameplay options. Of course, that doesn't matter if the game doesn't give any crap about the gameplay.

Reactions: Anonimed

yz.en_

Formerly 'Yazen_'
Nov 24, 2022
2D is usually quite limited in terms of gameplay options. Of course, that doesn't matter if the game doesn't give any crap about the gameplay.
What gameplay options are we talking about here? As far as I know, anything can be made in 2D as long as the artist is skilled

May 31, 2018
I think it depends on what you want to do gameplay wise, what types of animations you want if you are doing those, and what fetishes you want to present. In both cases, you also have to look at the art style you want to present. I’m fine with anime style in 2D or 3D, if we’re going realistic I’d rather see 3D most of the time.

Personally, I’ve found 2D to be my lean overall, because Japanese developers prefer it, and my fetishes lie more with them than with the west.

Reactions: yz.en_

yz.en_

Formerly 'Yazen_'
Nov 24, 2022
I think it depends on what you want to do gameplay wise, what types of animations you want if you are doing those, and what fetishes you want to present. In both cases, you also have to look at the art style you want to present. I’m fine with anime style in 2D or 3D, if we’re going realistic I’d rather see 3D most of the time.

Personally, I’ve found 2D to be my lean overall, because Japanese developers prefer it, and my fetishes lie more with them than with the west.
I see, thanks for your input! Well I have a lot to take into account when shaping my game to the one I want to publish. I'll put more time into thinking about the visuals and gameplay I want to implement. I'm already writing the story, just waiting for a friend's feedback into it before I continue writing so I know whether I should change or add stuff in the script.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
2d.

3D is kust so...limited. 3d games also tend more towards the vanilla content-wise, too, so almost all of my favorite games are 2d.

Plus, cumshots look just...bad in 3d.

Reactions: yz.en_