Do you prefer self-insert stories or playing as someone else?

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
About the femboy content. Well if that's what it id then I'll just hint a bit of it from the initial game and cut it out for a bonus story if enough people liked it.
Hey, hey, hey, don't take it as if I were discouraging you, remember the first rule: If it turns you on, GO FOR IT! I mean, I actually have one scene with a trans men (FtM) in my game, for fucks sake. Of course, that scene brought the dreaded futa/trans tag, and I had lots of people asking about futas and trans girls in my game... just because one scene with a trans man, and I specified it on the dev notes already.

Something similar may happen to you if you include a sex scene with the femboy and the gay tag, and that tag can be annoying if you don't have a gay focused game. But don't start cutting content just because you're afraid... it's enough to deal with patreon and their hunt for incest/rape/bestiality/loli and you're going to cut more content? don't do it. If you like it, include it. Just be wary of the tags.

Unless it's a tag that you want to... I dunno, attract gay players? female? or because the story demands it, in that case it's better to cut it off from the game. I included one scene with a specific kink (sissification) on my game because the plot lead to it but, holy shit, my writing on that scene was awful, it's not a kink of mine. Do not fall on that trap.

Reactions: unocrus and Yazen_

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
"I think self corruption is an underused gameplay."

You know what? I agree. Corrupting the MC himself that will slowly breach the family dynamic within the story brings in a more interesting thought process for the players. I'll see how I can play around with that. Thanks for your response and support! Malaficus

I'll expand the story a bit more as I tweak my character designs before creating a full picture story. I've mostly set everything up by now and what's left for me to do is the script writing. My vacation will come up soon, surely I'll have the time to spare and make this happen. On the visual arts, I'm still deciding whether 2D or 3D would be good for the game. Personally I don't mind either of them. I can draw more detail if I draw the art myself but using 3d is another thing since it brings realism closer within the story.

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
Hey, hey, hey, don't take it as if I were discouraging you, remember the first rule: If it turns you on, GO FOR IT! I mean, I actually have one scene with a trans men (FtM) in my game, for fucks sake. Of course, that scene brought the dreaded futa/trans tag, and I had lots of people asking about futas and trans girls in my game... just because one scene with a trans man, and I specified it on the dev notes already.

Something similar may happen to you if you include a sex scene with the femboy and the gay tag, and that tag can be annoying if you don't have a gay focused game. But don't start cutting content just because you're afraid... it's enough to deal with patreon and their hunt for incest/rape/bestiality/loli and you're going to cut more content? don't do it. If you like it, include it. Just be wary of the tags.

Unless it's a tag that you want to... I dunno, attract gay players? female? or because the story demands it, in that case it's better to cut it off from the game. I included one scene with a specific kink (sissification) on my game because the plot lead to it but, holy shit, my writing on that scene was awful, it's not a kink of mine. Do not fall on that trap.
To be honest, I'm not really into traps but I don't mind them either. I'm just using one for plot driving purposes to increase the corruption influence for the Main Character.

Femboys would be easy targets. The content I planned for that if it were ever to happen is that the MC will whore out his femboy bestfriend aside from turning him into his asspussy slut

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
To be honest, I'm not really into traps but I don't mind them either. I'm just using one for plot driving purposes to increase the corruption influence for the Main Character.

Femboys would be easy targets. The content I planned for that if it were ever to happen is that the MC will whore out his femboy bestfriend aside from turning him into his asspussy slut
Not bad, it can be quite hot pimping him to strangers for money, for example. But I'm not the best guy to give advice since I'm not your potential public (I'm gay). Just tread carefully with the gay tag if you include those scenes, I see it all the time, people posting games with the gay tag just because one scene and they don't even have the courtesy of warning how much is in the game of it on the description or dev notes.

And don't think about skipping the gay tag if you include that secene, even if optional. People jump at the sight of another dick, even if it's attached to a femboy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yazen_

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
Not bad, it can be quite hot pimping him to strangers for money, for example. But I'm not the best guy to give advice since I'm not your potential public (I'm gay). Just tread carefully with the gay tag if you include those scenes, I see it all the time, people posting games with the gay tag just because one scene and they don't even have the courtesy of warning how much is in the game of it on the description or dev notes.

And don't think about skipping the gay tag if you include that secene, even if optional. People jump at the sight of another dick, even if it's attached to a femboy.
I see, well thanks! Honestly that part isn't much of a major part in the story, it's kind of just an extra. I'll do the main game first and ask people if they wanna see bonus content. Where I would release in patches and it would be when the MC starts corrupting other people as well. Including the femboy bestfriend. I could add other girls into the equation as I build it.

My plan is to have it be a visual novel then transition to a sandbox after the main story in order for it to become replayable as a game.

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
It's interesting to me seeing how a developer would want to carefully avoid certain tags. Outside of getting booted from payment platforms, I figured collecting as many tags as you could would just be casting a wider net for your audience.

Though, I suppose there are a few tags people just have zero tolerance for. I personally prefer VNDB's granular tags for this reason. Instead of just an NTR tag you've got the entire spectrum of tags to inform you of just who's cucking who in this game.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
It's interesting to me seeing how a developer would want to carefully avoid certain tags. Outside of getting booted from payment platforms, I figured collecting as many tags as you could would just be casting a wider net for your audience.
Depends. Just take a look at this thread. The gay tag, along with NTR and futa are the most avoided ones. I remember one dev, who had a scene where a girl was, for a moment, transformed into a dude (more like a femboy or twink) and fuck him, then the spell wore off and the character returned to being a woman.

Users reported for the gay tag. It was on, and the dev was mad because he thought tags here are for major content, when it's the opposite. He left the site, angry and didn't post anymore on the thread. He really did not want the tag. And I guess the same happens with NTR.