Do you remember the good old days ?

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Hell no! I'm glad most of the old popular list are dead and buried, updates now come with more than 10 minutes of content, less incest shit with the same three Daz models is being released and most of all, more and better games being done now than ever before.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
If Big Brother was the most featured game, the good old days were not that good after all. If there is any worse love story than Twilight and any worse sex scenes than 50 Shades of Grey, it's Big Brother. Hardly any other games manages to make each and every character in the story as annoying as those in Big Brother. And this doesn't only go for Eric, who at least passes as some kind of Joffrey clone. If some necromancer made zombies out of the whole bunch, he would actually improve their personalities.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
If Big Brother was the most featured game, the good old days were not that good after all. If there is any worse love story than Twilight and any worse sex scenes than 50 Shades of Grey, it's Big Brother. Hardly any other games manages to make each and every character in the story as annoying as those in Big Brother. And this doesn't only go for Eric, who at least passes as some kind of Joffrey clone. If some necromancer made zombies out of the whole bunch, he would actually improve their personalities.
I see Eric as more of a Ramsay or Euron. They are both as cruel as joffrey, but much wiser and they also take joy in cock-blocking others, while stealing away someone they care about (Ramsay stealing Sansa's virginity in front of Theon & Euron taunting Jamie about fucking Cersei).

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Hell no! I'm glad most of the old popular list are dead and buried, updates now come with more than 10 minutes of content, less incest shit with the same three Daz models is being released and most of all, more and better games being done now than ever before.
Well now you get 30minutes updates every 6 months , monthly updates are far better , just look at games like midnight city 3-4 months for an update with the same amount of new content as the dreams of desire monthly update

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Well now you get 30minutes updates every 6 months , monthly updates are far better , just look at games like midnight city 3-4 months for an update with the same amount of new content as the dreams of desire monthly update
Bad devs are bad regardless of the time give, Lewdlab could barely make DoD work despite being a VN and it just happens that MP is not. If you want to blame anyone, it's the dev that decided to go with a more complex game despite the lack of programming skills.

But you want to go with specifics, what dev in the good ol' times could put out thousands of renders per update like DrPinkCake does using just a month?

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
I see Eric as more of a Ramsay or Euron. They are both as cruel as joffrey, but much wiser and they also take joy in cock-blocking others, while stealing away someone they care about (Ramsay stealing Sansa's virginity in front of Theon & Euron taunting Jamie about fucking Cersei).
He seems more intelligent, but IMO this is just because of the characters surrounding him. When surrounded by a family of complete morons, one seems more intelligent in comparison than one frequently in the company of Tyrion or Tywin Lannister.

Eric would maybe have worked as the protagonist of his own mom-son game, if that game was about the darkest and most twisted fetishes one could imagine. Basically Eric comes home, murders his father and than rapes his mother, threatening to whore her out to a gang if thugs, if her blowjobs are not as good as required. Propably he would frequently spank her or torture her with candle wax, simply because he feels like it. At least he would be believable as a sadistic and thoroughly evil monster.

As Big Brother itself goes, I think it was the standard mom-son/brother-sister incest game done all wrong, as much as Snow Daze was the standard mom-son/brother-sister game done all right. While the characters in Snow Daze all hand individual personalities and looks, those in Big Brother had neither, they all looked more or less the same and nothing resembling any sort of personality.

Reactions: Agent HK47

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Now we have devs like Philly and Pink who use black magic and are dropping 500+ render updates every 1.5 to 2 months.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Meh... I'm just happy the "Most Popular" category was done away with as many of the newcomers were garbage to me, and undeserving of being the "new wave of legends"... Acting Lesson ? yeah the game that made people fall in love with it due to the potential triangle of love, and later took a dumb turn cause "realism"...

And I say this as someone who doesnt think as highly of the old "popular games" list...

Big Brother ? Abandoned without sex with the two best characters in the game (Ann and Lisa)
College Life ? Abandoned with the only ending and sex scene going to the ugliest LI that had Renee Zelweggar's face
DmD ? Ongoing but with Ch3 it become complete and utter dogshit... or should I say dogsex ?
The Twist ? well plenty of people hated that game then and now...
Summertime Saga ? same as Twist, has a very toxic and Tsundere fanbase
Dreams of Desire ? the ending was a bit weird... other than that, not much to say bad about it...
Dreaming of Dana ? a lot of people didnt know how to advance the story therefore hating it, didnt do as good...

The rest arent even worth mentioning as they dont have the clout of those above...

From the new wave the only one doing decent is "Man of House" which gets monthly updates still... Milfy City hasnt been updated in a while (even taking into account ICSTOR taking a vacation). I think the only one I respect from the new wave and earned its spot there for being GOOD was Philly's "Depraved Awakening".

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Ngl Big Brother still is my favourite adult game :D Probably because the Mum is my all-time favourite model.

I think there is better variety around now though, but then I can see why people like the past more and miss it, it's like me looking back on the 'good ol' days' of AAA gaming when you had Fallout 3, New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, ME2, CoD MW2 even though I'm sure many people would say today things are better and point to the graphics/engines on things like Anthem etc

Reactions: Rythan25

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Eric would maybe have worked as the protagonist of his own mom-son game, if that game was about the darkest and most twisted fetishes one could imagine. Basically Eric comes home, murders his father and than rapes his mother, threatening to whore her out to a gang if thugs, if her blowjobs are not as good as required. Propably he would frequently spank her or torture her with candle wax, simply because he feels like it. At least he would be believable as a sadistic and thoroughly evil monster.
It's offtopic but I just love how your idea of twisted is "killed his father, raped his mom and likes some light BDSM". Don't play the bad path in the Tyrant. Like, ever. :)

Meh... I'm just happy the "Most Popular" category was done away with as many of the newcomers were garbage to me, and undeserving of being the "new wave of legends"... Acting Lesson ? yeah the game that made people fall in love with it due to the potential triangle of love, and later took a dumb turn cause "realism"...

And I say this as someone who doesnt think as highly of the old "popular games" list...

Big Brother ? Abandoned without sex with the two best characters in the game (Ann and Lisa)
College Life ? Abandoned with the only ending and sex scene going to the ugliest LI that had Renee Zelweggar's face
DmD ? Ongoing but with Ch3 it become complete and utter dogshit... or should I say dogsex ?
The Twist ? well plenty of people hated that game then and now...
Summertime Saga ? same as Twist, has a very toxic and Tsundere fanbase
Dreams of Desire ? the ending was a bit weird... other than that, not much to say bad about it...
Dreaming of Dana ? a lot of people didnt know how to advance the story therefore hating it, didnt do as good...

The rest arent even worth mentioning as they dont have the clout of those above...

From the new wave the only one doing decent is "Man of House" which gets monthly updates still... Milfy City hasnt been updated in a while (even taking into account ICSTOR taking a vacation). I think the only one I respect from the new wave and earned its spot there for being GOOD was Philly's "Depraved Awakening".
Yeah, I remember when I got here for the first time and started downloading games and going "The fuck is that garbage" a bunch of times in a row. And that's before AL decided to be "artsy". I never got the idea of the "good old times" - the games and VNs from before some years ago are mostly bad or mediocre. Nowadays I get surprised by something decent (not great, but at least on the level of all those "classic" ones) every month.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
He seems more intelligent, but IMO this is just because of the characters surrounding him. When surrounded by a family of complete morons, one seems more intelligent in comparison than one frequently in the company of Tyrion or Tywin Lannister.

As Big Brother itself goes, I think it was the standard mom-son/brother-sister incest game done all wrong, as much as Snow Daze was the standard mom-son/brother-sister game done all right. While the characters in Snow Daze all hand individual personalities and looks, those in Big Brother had neither, they all looked more or less the same and nothing resembling any sort of personality.
For me the old days were long before big brother. I've been doing this a long, long time.

spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't played big brother

From the backstory, we know that the mother, Ann and her sister were abducted and raped when they were younger.
The story begins much later when she is older and has 3 children living at home, the Father of these three is absent.
I theorized that when Ann was abducted and held captive, she got pregnant. But because she was so young, she put the baby up for adoption. Enter Eric, successful businessman, pays to track down his birth-mother. This makes Eric the "big brother" titular character, and Max is little bro. Mind you, Eric's Father was a serial rapist kidnapper, but he doesn't know that, because he was adopted off, and there was no record of the Father, Eric only got info on his mother and looked her up. Initially Eric wants to meet Ann after all these years. Imagine his surprise to find that Ann has 3 children, that she kept, while she had tossed him aside. She's his flesh and blood mother, and he has feelings for her, but there's some resentment against Ann for adopting him off, and even more resentment against his half-siblings that she kept. They didn't have to go through what he had living in the foster system. Needless to say Eric has some issues that need sorting out.
Eric sees that Ann is in trouble, needs money to pay bills, etc. It's his mother, and he's in a position where he can give her a job. It's a perfect way to meet Ann, without being all awkward "hi, i'm the son you didn't keep" just give her a job, and get to know her first, then tell her. Well, that didn't exactly go as planned. Ann, being hot-blooded, single, and not knowing that Eric is her son, sees Eric as an eligible bachelor, wealthy, successful, generous, kind, handsome, and has a nice tan. Plus he has a car, no more having to take the bus, or order groceries online, and get melted ice cream in the mail, so gross. Cougar Ann wants a piece of that man-meat. It's a little conflicting, being his mother and all, but she's hot, and maybe she deserves to be punished for throwing him away when he was a baby.

Reactions: crugh2112

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
For me the old days were long before big brother. I've been doing this a long, long time.

From the backstory, we know that the mother, Ann and her sister were abducted and raped when they were younger.
The story begins much later when she is older and has 3 children living at home, the Father of these three is absent.
I theorized that when Ann was abducted and held captive, she got pregnant. But because she was so young, she put the baby up for adoption. Enter Eric, successful businessman, pays to track down his birth-mother. This makes Eric the "big brother" titular character, and Max is little bro. Mind you, Eric's Father was a serial rapist kidnapper, but he doesn't know that, because he was adopted off, and there was no record of the Father, Eric only got info on his mother and looked her up. Initially Eric wants to meet Ann after all these years. Imagine his surprise to find that Ann has 3 children, that she kept, while she had tossed him aside. She's his flesh and blood mother, and he has feelings for her, but there's some resentment against Ann for adopting him off, and even more resentment against his half-siblings that she kept. They didn't have to go through what he had living in the foster system. Needless to say Eric has some issues that need sorting out.
Eric sees that Ann is in trouble, needs money to pay bills, etc. It's his mother, and he's in a position where he can give her a job. It's a perfect way to meet Ann, without being all awkward "hi, i'm the son you didn't keep" just give her a job, and get to know her first, then tell her. Well, that didn't exactly go as planned. Ann, being hot-blooded, single, and not knowing that Eric is her son, sees Eric as an eligible bachelor, wealthy, successful, generous, kind, handsome, and has a nice tan. Plus he has a car, no more having to take the bus, or order groceries online, and get melted ice cream in the mail, so gross. Cougar Ann wants a piece of that man-meat. It's a little conflicting, being his mother and all, but she's hot, and maybe she deserves to be punished for throwing him away when he was a baby.
Unless they stopped using the garbage "Mikani" model, your story would stretch even my forgiving imagination to its limits... Ann looks barely old enough to "birth" Alice (Max and Lisa easily !!) But someone like Eric ? fuck no.... Eric looks older than her... if games didnt have restrictions I'd peg them as follows based on looks, personality and how they act...

AGES----------
Ann - 36-38
Alice - 19-21
Max - 15-17
Lisa - 14
Eric - 38-42

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017

OK, I didn't know that, I tried Big Brother but didn't manage to play it for long, as I was annoyed by the characters early on. But this makes it even more clear to me: He should have been the protagonist. Especially in a mom son game, a successful business man is always a better protagonist than some teenage creep anyway.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
It's offtopic but I just love how your idea of twisted is "killed his father, raped his mom and likes some light BDSM". Don't play the bad path in the Tyrant. Like, ever. :)

Yeah, I remember when I got here for the first time and started downloading games and going "The fuck is that garbage" a bunch of times in a row. And that's before AL decided to be "artsy". I never got the idea of the "good old times" - the games and VNs from before some years ago are mostly bad or mediocre. Nowadays I get surprised by something decent (not great, but at least on the level of all those "classic" ones) every month.
Twisted in the sense of insane in a thoroughly evil way.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
OK, I didn't know that, I tried Big Brother but didn't manage to play it for long, as I was annoyed by the characters early on. But this makes it even more clear to me: He should have been the protagonist. Especially in a mom son game, a successful business man is always a better protagonist than some teenage creep anyway.
Eric is not the protagonist, but the hero. It's a little confusing, when you play as the antagonist. Max is the bad guy, doing unspeakable things. Eric tries to stop him, and wants to send Max off to military school. Playing the villain, of course you can't let good triumph. You either have to befriend Eric and corrupt him, or destroy him.

Eyesday

Apr 26, 2017
Well, it was expected that, at some point, the quality would fall and the quantity would rise above all. It is a natural economic movement. The problem is that we're in the middle of the change and while we still have a decent amount of good and enjoyable games, we now have a lot of projects that can't deliver a good experience after all. And one of the major problems here is that most of the developers aren't really professionals or consider this a real job... With this, it's normal to see such a poor catalog today.

The good news is: The diamonds always shine in the middle of the mud.