Ren'Py Do you wanna play-test a new rogue-like, deck-building, adult game?

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get some feedback on my new game, "Decked in Love": a new roguelike, deck builder made with renpy.

f95_1.jpg
[the two main Love Interests]​

Before becoming an adult game dev, I had never written a single line of code. So, I had to spend the last few years learning python and renpy from scratch, which was a big challenge for me.
It all culminated with this game, held together with weird hacks, dreams and many tears shed while trying to figure out how the hell I could make renpy do what I wanted.

Well, while the code might make a seasonal developer laugh for 5 minutes (or banging their head against the wall, it depends on their tolerance for my bad coding decisions), I do think I got a good foundation going on here. And free of bugs! Unless you can find one, in which case, please tell me.

f95_2.jpg
[gameplay loop example]​

So, if you wanna try it, you can play it for free on itch.io:

This demo - version 0.1.0 - contains roughly the first 3rd of a full run (first 6 levels of a total of what will probably be 18), and a total of 2 Love Interests you can choose from (one of them is only unlocked after you reach a certain point)

At this stage, there isn't yet many NSFW rewards. Those will only come at later levels.
What I am more interested in knowing right now, is if you consider the game fun and like the overall presentation made with AI art (which, I'm sure, will bring some strong opinions).

Do you think a strategy is too strong? A card too week? A combo too broken? An enemy too hard? Someone's hand has one too many fingers? Let me know your thoughts about it!

If, for whatever reason, you want to read a long-ass post about it's development history, .

Thanks for any feedback, really appreciate it.