Does anyone know if Patreon has any sort of "off site" policy or enforcement? I find it hard to believe that they do.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Interesting. Strange what they may/may not do in terms of helping/hurting developers. Players may also post a link to the developer's patreon in the thread, which would create a vulnerability as well. Players are the worst at keeping secrets and working in their best interests.
True but not just players, I have seen a number of links on torrent blogs / sites as well as other game forums like krystal etc. and that is not to mention discord channels and the like. Many have the "if you like the game, please support the developer / buy the game" message with links. There are also a number of foreign language blogs plus fan / fan review blogs and sites.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Not sure if that is true, I read in the wife and mother off-topic that both LP and the dev for mr denvers links were left up after requesting they be removed.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-offtopic-discussion.111628/post-14370277

But I do not know for sure.
i'm not sure either about every specific case, but removing a patreon link after patreon has already seen it is something else than removing it before.

we don't know everything going on behind the scenes. f95 has to outwardly maintain their authority... that they dont give in to demands from devs or patreon. it's for the good of devs too because then devs can say to patreon that they have no control of the f95 tags, incest patches and stuff.

we shouldn't really dig deep into this. f95 has the last word on what happens with the game threads, that's how it is

Reactions: morphnet

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] if you're funding a game (that breaks their TOS) [...]
That the most important point. What is banned is not to put banned content on your Patreon page, but to use their service to fund a game that have banned content.

So, even if you don't put any link to the game, and never talk about it, on your Patreon page, as long as there's a link to the said Patreon page on the game, or on your website where the game can be downloaded, you are breaking their ToS.