Ren'Py Does anyone know what this means

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Whenever I try to decompile this game in the Command Prompt box at the end an error like the one below appears.

(ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5)
In all other games it works fine.
But in this game there is nothing that works.
I already used all the files that are here on the forum in the decompilation area, I need to use this to be able to play in rnpy to generate the translation for me to translate the game.
Without using this it is impossible to generate translation in the renpy program because it gives an error also because when using some Unren.bat it releases something to be able to generate the translation in renpy.
game name.
https://f95zone.to/threads/queen-of-spade-final-sinccubus.121504/
all the people who tried to decompile this game had no success. :(

Reactions: Draftedpunk0

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
put the full traceback log not just one line of it into the post
one liner won't give us the proper information to give you the proper response back

Reactions: Moricano

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
(ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5)
Oh, a version 7.5/8.0 of Ren'Py. Who the hell use a pre-release to make a game ?

Wait for an update of unrpyc, it only support the pickle 3, since it's what was used by Ren'Py since a decade.

one liner won't give us the proper information to give you the proper response back
For once it was enough. But it's really an exception, and only because this protocole 5 annoyed me when I was making a python 2.x/3.x compatible version of my variable viewer.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Oh, a version 7.5/8.0 of Ren'Py. Who the hell use a pre-release to make a game ?

Wait for an update of unrpyc, it only support the pickle 3, since it's what was used by Ren'Py since a decade.
I checked now the last renpy vs that came out now is this

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I checked now the last renpy vs that came out now is this
The release for the version 7.5/8.0 are official , while the game have been released 19 days ago. In between PyTom have made 3 pre-release to fix bugs.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
The release for the version 7.5/8.0 are official , while the game have been released 19 days ago. In between PyTom have made 3 pre-release to fix bugs.
can you give me the python address

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
everything you try doesn't work
You're mixing everything here.

Same cause, but two different faces of the problem.

The errors happen because the game is made by using Ren'Py 7.5 or 8.0, which use a different protocol for the serialization, than the one used until this.
But the problem you have on this thread is that the standalone version of unrpyc don't works, because he can't load the rpyc files. This while the traceback you show regard the problem you pointed in the other thread ; Ren'Py that can't load un.rpyc, because the file was built with the previous protocol.

In the end, my advice on the other thread will not works. The rpyc files are probably not protected by a variation of the signature or an encryption. It's just that unrpyc isn't yet updated. If someone have a github account that isn't a professional one (or don't care to use it for this), he case warn CensoredUsername about this.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm fee bad since you have an issue. You'll have to wait till unrpyc is updated and if you prefer the UnRen package you'll have to wait for that to be updated next.

I would NOT have known about the VSC integration if it weren't for me just stumbling over this thread by luck. Your misfortune has has been the opposite for me.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
I'm fee bad since you have an issue. You'll have to wait till unrpyc is updated and if you prefer the UnRen package you'll have to wait for that to be updated next.

I would NOT have known about the VSC integration if it weren't for me just stumbling over this thread by luck. Your misfortune has has been the opposite for me.
ok sorry...thanks for your attention. (y)

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
You're mixing everything here.

Same cause, but two different faces of the problem.

The errors happen because the game is made by using Ren'Py 7.5 or 8.0, which use a different protocol for the serialization, than the one used until this.
But the problem you have on this thread is that the standalone version of unrpyc don't works, because he can't load the rpyc files. This while the traceback you show regard the problem you pointed in the other thread ; Ren'Py that can't load un.rpyc, because the file was built with the previous protocol.

In the end, my advice on the other thread will not works. The rpyc files are probably not protected by a variation of the signature or an encryption. It's just that unrpyc isn't yet updated. If someone have a github account that isn't a professional one (or don't care to use it for this), he case warn CensoredUsername about this.
I understand what you mean, but on the other hand, the game that I mentioned has a 4.85 gb file named (archive.rpa) the scripts inside the game folder that contain the subtitles it already comes loose, you don't even need to pass the Unren .
So for me to put the game in Renpy to generate the language I need to translate the game, it doesn't work, without first having to pass the Unren.bat.
I know that inside this file named (archive.rpa) are all the images of the game plus videos, sources, guide, among others..... and using UnRen doesn't work like in other games.
I think but I'm not sure, the DV of this game must have put something inside some file so that nothing was released to the players for us to see using Unren.
Now there's no way I can put the two languages, the original and the translation without having to generate it in renpy due to the errors it gives because the message that appears in Renpy, says to fix the errors first and then use it.
Leave it alone, the business is not to translate this game and that's the end of it, wanting to help certain developers who don't want to share their game in other languages, is messing with a wasp box. Leave the game only in English... The criticism above this game is not good, and even with a DV that doesn't give a damn for those who want to help it's complicated.
Thanks for watching and have a great week.(y)
I generated two images from the game a folder and the lib folder that's all there is in this game.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I generated two images from the game a folder and the lib folder that's all there is in this game.
I can't say for sure, since most scripts are under the /scripts/ folder, but from what I see, there's no need to use unren, the rpy files are already present.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
I can't say for sure, since most scripts are under the /scripts/ folder, but from what I see, there's no need to use unren, the rpy files are already present.
I agree but I tried to generate the translation in the Renpy program and it gives an error because first in all games before generating the translations that go there to the tl folder it is necessary to use Unren.
So it is impossible to generate the translation folder in renpy.
It was a good discussion about the problems that this game caused, but leave it alone.... I even sent an email to DV and he didn't even respond... I entered 2 pages of them, registered and tried to contact him, he never responds.
I think that DV that has a complete game they never want to debate or try to solve problems with games that have already ended, after all all the winnings have already been attributed to their pockets and nobody wants to waste time in solving it agree?
On the one hand, it's good to try to fix some problems, it can help in the future with other games if the same defect occurs.... but this one is gone.(y);)