Does this scenario count as incest?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Ok so before I write myself into a corner with this or do a ton of rewriting for no reason - do you think this choice will be acceptable? As the history of the MC starts at birth to set the backstory I am not sure how I could make 'landlady' work without completely re-imagining the back story. I can do it - I would rather not - but now is the time to do it if it is unavoidable.
I don't think that would work for Patreon.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
relative is subjective, could be adopted or something but still counts as a relative, obviously a game wouldnt dive into that much detail but its always considered, however it could still be seen as incest

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Ok so before I write myself into a corner with this or do a ton of rewriting for no reason - do you think this choice will be acceptable? As the history of the MC starts at birth to set the backstory I am not sure how I could make 'landlady' work without completely re-imagining the back story. I can do it - I would rather not - but now is the time to do it if it is unavoidable.
No, that's too obvious.

Apr 7, 2021
Ok I think I have a workable solution for changing the adopted mother to a landlady (friend of my mother). I think that should fix the issue.

Do you think it would work to have 3 options (mother, adopter, landlady) or stick with the 2 (mother, landlady). The coding is not significantly more for 2 than 3 and I already have all the text written for options 1 and 2.

Reshooting the backstory video will be the largest lift - but ce la vie!

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Ok I think I have a workable solution for changing the adopted mother to a landlady (friend of my mother). I think that should fix the issue.

Do you think it would work to have 3 options (mother, adopter, landlady) or stick with the 2 (mother, landlady). The coding is not significantly more for 2 than 3 and I already have all the text written for options 1 and 2.

Forget about the "She is my biological mother" and "I'm adopted" options. The problem here isn't the lack of options, is that you're giving the one option that Patreon won't allow.

It's way easier if you stick to the classic incest patch or let the players write the relationships they want and give them a "warning" about how this games isn't about incest. Anyone with half brain will undertsand what you're doing.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

The story is important. If they live in a family-type relationship you can get busted. Doesn't matter if adopted or step or whatever. If they grew up and lived together, Patreon may count that as a family.

Apr 7, 2021
The story is important. If they live in a family-type relationship you can get busted. Doesn't matter if adopted or step or whatever. If they grew up and lived together, Patreon may count that as a family.
Thanks for the feedback - I think I need to go find a plausible explanation why a young guy is living in a house with an older woman who isn't related to him to him.

As a side question, how do you manage to be on Patreon with Paradise Found? (love the game btw!)

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Thanks for the feedback - I think I need to go find a plausible explanation why a young guy is living in a house with an older woman who isn't related to him to him.

As a side question, how do you manage to be on Patreon with Paradise Found? (love the game btw!)
I had some problems with them but I haven't heard anything more since I adapted to their guidelines.

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Prop depends on the relative in question. If it's say, a sister of someone your sibling married It's not incest [Potentially immoral af but not incest].

As for Paetron, no clue how they would feel about that set up.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Just a reminder. Someone else can fuck your Mom/Sister/Aunt for you and it isn't incest.

The protagonist can object or offer a friendly high five afterwards but cannot jerkoff to it.

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Just a reminder. Someone else can fuck your Mom/Sister/Aunt for you and it isn't incest.

The protagonist can object or offer a friendly high five afterwards but cannot jerkoff to it.
I may be wrong but I think that is a semi core part in certain genres [Ntr/cukolding].