Others - Completed - Dohna Dohna: Let’s Do Bad Things Together [Final] [Alicesoft/Shiravune]

1. 5.00 star(s)

XXHUNTER

Gameplay: 10/10
    Art: 9.5/10
    Voice Acting: 10/10
    Plot: 9/10
    Overall: 9.75/10

Alicesoft/Shiravune KILLED IT with this game! Probably one of the best games you'll run across in f95zone. If the lewd content was exempt, this game would still be a thrill to play for the game mechanics, art style and narrative.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Vadginator

Meh.
    The option to have sex with your "talent" is followed by the sound of a moan and then some numbers increasing. That's it. At least Club Bifrost had some graphics and options with how you train each slave.

The addition of combat and the lack of a timer mechanic to get things done within X days are interesting upgrades over Bifrost, however. Still, the conversations between the characters are very uninteresting and makes me not really care about any of them.

Also, though this game is tagged "animated", there's really no meaningful animation except for the combat. No sex scenes or training is animated. Just the combat. Pass.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Maddog321

So far it has been fun. Really good game play and good characters and good art. I used the uncensored patch and changed my PC location to Japan and haven't had any issues at all. Im not sure if there are more games by this developer but if so i will have to try them out.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

zarzu661

This was one of the better alicesoft games imo - the gameplay is great, lots of CG and I really did enjoy the character design.
    Equipment upgrades, skill unlocks, etc were decently paced, sound design is good too.
    Premise of capturing girls to have them work is great too.
    Definitely doesn't feel cheap.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

peter1212

Okay, so the story is really strange, but that kind of makes it fun. Its really noy realistic, so keep that in mind, but if you dont care about that its great.

My only problem was the grind, it is real.. But luckily its nothing cheat engine cant fix.

I would give this 4.5 stars out of 5, but thats not possible, and I dont think 4 is enough, so 5 it is.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

XwXVioletsXwX

I love this game so much! The game has amazing characters as well as an amazing story. The combat's great too.

The sex scenes also feel like they have a place in the world instead of just occurring because they can. Alicesoft did such a wonderful job working on this game
  7. 4.00 star(s)

myjammies

A good H-Game balances the "H" and the "Game" aspects well. However, sometimes you get a title like Dohna Dohna which does both well but still ends up being less than the sum of its parts. While the H is absolutely fantastic, the characters are waaaaaay too young for my liking. Almost all of them are lolis and that's just bothersome. On the other hand, the "Game" aspect has a lot going for it, but it overstays it's welcome by about 5x. By the time you're at day 50, the novelty and appeal of managing your girls and doing the dungeon crawls to get more has worn off but you find out that you're not even halfway through the game. Thus, it descends into tedium. It's a great game for a small period of time - so if you're into lolis, funky aesthetics, funky music and can stomach overriding tedium in the gameplay loop, DD is a fantastic title to play.

The gameplay is divided into two major portions - brothel management and dungeon crawling. The brothel management part is essentially just making sure the women (or girls, I should say) you have keep up their looks, improve their technique, don't let their mentality crash and don't get preggers. You can do this by buying stuff from the shop, or training them by fucking them, or simply talking to them. You have a limited number of actions per turn (or day in the game's parlance). You can improve your capacity (i.e., keep more girls), increase actions and increase effectiveness of items by buying obscenely priced knick-knacks from the shop. The brothel is your only source of income, you get diddly squat from dungeon crawling except women and items so you need to balance dungeon crawling with prostitution. However, the items are priced high, are randomized on every day and you can only buy one of them at a time. This mechanic is initially fun to maneuver around but over time, it gets fairly dull as the girls mentality drops rapidly and often mentality increasing items aren't present leading you to an annoying churn of women. The game expects this but over time it gets awfully annoying. What's worse is that apart from a few select women, most prostitution and training scenes don't have any CGs associated with them. Meaning no reward for min-maxing stats and grinding.

The dungeon crawling is initially fairly fun. As your party builds up, you can also indulge in some form of strategy i.e. swapping characters out mid battle to conserve MP and use relevant attacks. It's a nice combat system - each character has attacks that can connect within a certain distance so you have to think about battles if you're not grinding. Not too much, but you still have to think. The visuals within battles are fantastic, the voice acting is top-notch and it's a really smooth and rewarding experience ... initially. Over time, you will do the boring battles over and over and over and over again, at least 40-50 times. And it gets super frustrating and the pretty visuals, sounds and special attacks aren't fun anymore.

To summarize the experience, the gameplay loop is fun but it overstays it welcome by a large amount. If the game was 4x shorter, I would have loved it. I am not averse to long games by any means - I played the fuck out of Eushully's titles. However, the key difference is that the gameplay loop in those games has a lot more to it than the simplistic two-three pronged approach. There is literally nothing else to do in the game and it asks you to repeat the same things way too many times.

The art itself is fantastic. It's made by a proper studio after all so it's to be expected. Lines are clean and crisp, characters are unique and the funky aesthetic is really memorable. The scenes are also nice. What made me avoid most of them was the younger cast of characters. That's what Alice Soft is all about, but it didn't make it any better for me. There's some heavier themes here which made me somewhat uncomfortable. It wasn't played for laughs as it is normally in H-Games.

At the end, Dohna Dohna is a fun title to spend some time on. The voice acting outside of H-Scenes is fantastic (in H-Scenes it's the usual AAaaha, mfffffg, ikkkkkuuu), Antenna's combat entry sounds are really fun and playful in particular. The art style is funky and nice. And the BGM is also nice to listen to. The gameplay loop lets the game down.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

tenkaya

Easily the highest quality Ero game i've ever played, beautifully designed to a high standard of presentation. There are many deficits to note, but still fantastic highs to make up for some low points.

Gameplay - 7/10
    The game's length is heavily gated by the rpg aspect and drawn out battles. It's simple enough, picking skills that are 'super effective' against different foes based on type. Thankfully the other side of the game, brothel management, gives a mental break to this, and is another simple minigame.

Do know, there can be times you really want to farm a stage for weapon upgrades or level up as the difficulty ramps up over time. By the end it is a soft exponential in terms of power gain, so later level-ups make giant impacts especially.

Audio - 10/10
    I adore the soundtrack for this game, and the amount of VA is shocking as it's a dialogue heavy game with quite a lot of talking.
    You will feel a lot of emotions when certain tracks play, and hopefully appreciate the very up-beat vibes, portraying the semi-futurist dystopia.
    The battles aren't so bad with those absolute bangers making it feel good.

Story - 5/10
    Let's be honest, it is hard to have an ero game that writes around the strange things happening. There is a massive dissonance going on the entire time, but I don't think it is that jarring as others point out. Characters have classic anime interactions with each other and it's all reasonable.
    There are twists and turns, with an ending that isn't very satisfying compared to the buildup (It felt the devs ran out of time.)

Ero Content - 8/10
    Masterful artists and coverage of many fetishes. Unfortunately there is almost no in-battle H content outside of overkilling female characters in your party or female bosses. There's a lot of defeat scenes if you go to a stage a day late, or lose on a no-retreat stage, etc. And of course, scenes with each female character by raising your Feeling with them via gifts and battle.

Overall - 9/10
    Unless you don't like the fetishes or hate grindy RPGs (understandable) this game should be a great experience for you.
    Using the wiki to get all H content is recommended and a downside, but there is no shortage of it.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

hobson

An extremely polished title that suffers severely from unimaginative gameplay.

Dohna Dohna positions itself as a hybrid cyberpunk rogue-like / brothel manager but somehow manages to be incredibly boring in spite of this amazing premise.

The management side of the game is little more than keeping three status bars in the green, and the RPG side of the game is just a matter of choosing your strongest attacks over and over again. Any suggestion of complexity is purely imaginary. This is a grindy, easy game with some fancy animations.

In an odd decision the genuinely excellent artwork is completely unconnected to the actual game and instead is relegated to a seperate visual novel that sits on top of the game. It's a lazy way of incorporating the sex scenes and makes an already shallow game feel even less engaging.

The presentation is on point, the game is smooth, beautifully drawn and even has a decent soundtrack. The writing is adequate, suitably filthy but tends to drag on a bit.

I feel like a lot of these high scores are due to it being as close to a 'real game' as an adult game gets but to be frank it's just not very good.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Donkers

a VN with a dungeon and brothel gameplay aspect. The characters and the art are very nice and stylized. It's enjoyable from a gameplay perspective but it can get grindy very fast. This is good for those that have a lot of time to sink into this game
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Vyl

Artwork
    The artwork of Dohna Dohna is unique and style-heavy, and I am really fond of the vibrant and colourful schemes that they have presented.
    +Some of the best looking artstyle and meticulously designed characters.
    +Consistent and accurate character proportions throughout the game.
    +Many different versions of character portraits to convey the emotion and reaction of the characters.
    +Each character has 2 outfits, and it is reflected in the H-Scenes.
    +/-Vibrant and colorful theme.

Literary
    It is worth noting that Dohna Dohna does not utilize font size or coloring to emphasize intonation, because there is no need to do so when every character is voice acted.
    +Professionally translated with no minimal to no errors.
    +Proper formatting with no instances of texts going outside of the text box.
    +Translation is faithful to the spoken Japanese lines.

Music / Voice Acting
    +Great soundtracks that fit the situation and carries the atmosphere perfectly.
    +Professionally voice acted. Aside from the main character every single character is voice acted, down to the last background character.

Story
    Dohna Dohna tells the story of a ragtag group of misfits running a gang. While simple in concept, the story is anything but. It is a story about fighting a corrupt, evil corporate organization with any means necessary, even if it means resorting to violence and committing crimes. You follow the group's adventure through their conflicts with the enforcers as well as competing gangs, and as your group grows in notoriety and become more of a threat, so does the organization's effort in taking you down.

Overall, the story in Dohna Dohna is very engaging, and it fully explores each character's past and motivations to take down the organization. There are several plot twists included, and this is also one of the few games that manages to make all of the main characters genuinely likeable in their own way.

However, one of the common complaint for Dohna Dohna is that the endings seemed rushed, and it is not hard to see why. After completing all the different endings, I can say that all 8 epilogues are rather brief, and does not fully wrap up the story. Some character's plight are not mentioned, and this is especially true for the supporting characters.

Gameplay
    The gameplay section of Dohna Dohna is separated into 2 main parts:

Hustling
    +This is the part where you whore out the girls you have captured to prospective clients to gain income. While it seems straightforward at a glance, there is actually quite a bit of strategizing in order to be efficient at hustling.

To elaborate, between managing the coverage of your girl's traits, avoiding bad traits as well as completing the quests of the 13 unique heroines, you will need to be careful with your planning. Aside from that, you will also need to manage the items for the upkeep of the girls, choosing which of the girls to sacrifice and let go in exchange of progress and revenue.

-Having said that, the system and strategy of the hustling mechanic isn't well explained, and will likely result in frustration if you are new and don't fully understand the correct way to manage your girls.

Hunting
    +This is the part where the combat takes place, and it is up to you how you build your team. Each of the 10 playable characters have different strengths and weaknesses, it influences how you tackle the combat in the game. Besides the standard level and stat upgrades, there is an affection system where the more you fight alongside the characters, the more they like the main character, and thus unlocking new abilities and equipment slots. There are also different weapon upgrades to go for, and overall the turn-based combat is simple yet engaging.

-Unfortunately, the gameplay of Dohna Dohna is not perfect, especially on the weapon upgrade system. Weapon upgrades in Dohna Dohna is paramount for progression as the power level of each weapon tier differs greatly. However, obtaining the weapon material is chucked up to RNG, and this results in having to grind the same dungeons over and over in order to upgrade the weapons. Otherwise, it is very possible to find yourself facing the end boss with tier 3 weapons and you deal next to no damage.

+/-Similar to previous Alicesoft titles, the difficulty in Dohna Dohna also ramps up quite significantly towards the end game, and it requires proper gearing, team building and strategy to take on the end game.

H-Scenes
    +The scenes in Dohna Dohna covers a big variety of kinks, from vanilla to toys and bondage to niche kinks like sleep-sex, hypnosis, incest, ntr, rape, urination, and even an *arguably* snuff scene. Though, given the range that it covers, most of the kinks are on a touch-and-go basis, and does not specialize in any of them. For the most part the scenes are rather mild, but even then they have made an effort to flesh out most of the vanilla scene with different circumstances and scenarios.

+Compared to the older Alicesoft titles, there are more variations in the CGs. The older titles averages 3 to 5 variations per scene, Dohna Dohna averages around 8 to 10.

Common Complaints
    1. The game is too easy - As with any Alicesoft titles, the gameplay usually starts off fairly easy with a steep difficulty curve towards the end. There is literally a boss in game with close to 5 million HP (more than 4x the final boss's) and one shots a character with 70k HP, while having its Power debuffed by 60%. Anyone who says the game is too easy hasn't played the game enough.
    2. The hustling system is bad - I feel that this is an often misunderstood system. You are never meant to be holding on to a set of girls. Effectively in order to make bread you are kidnapping and using the girls, and when they are mentally broken you would have to throw them out. You are also supposed to pay attention to the bad traits of clients and strategically avoid them, and not simply take on every client because they can and will ruin a good talent.
    3. There are no CGs from hustling - Yes and no. Dohna Dohna supports custom girls and clients, and expecting a cg for every variation is quite frankly ridiculous. It is meant as a strategy and money-making element, and there are actually 26 different scenes from hustling unique talents.
    4. It is not animated - Dohna Dohna is a VN with turn based combat, animating a 2D artwork while definitely possible, is way more work than animating a 3D model and taking snapshots or clips, hence it is very uncommon to have animated 2D artworks in eroge, especially one where the CGs are at this quality.
    5. The characters all act happy but they are doing bad things - Yes the characters are jolly with each other, but no it isn't as if they aren't aware that they are doing bad things. There is a character who went into self-harm because of the things they do, and there is also a scene discussing the main character being too empathetic to be in this line of work. Just because the whole crew isn't an edgy emo bunch doesn't mean that they are oblivious.

Miscellaneous
    Playtime: About a week or so across multiple runs.
    Completion: 100%
    Version: Final
    • Some of the scenes are run-specific, which is to say if you missed it you'll need to reload or start a new run to get it.
    • While playing a single run is likely fine, trying to fully complete the game can be tedious due to how the ending is set-up. Going for multiple runs and having to re-grind everything is rather time consuming.

Closing
    Dohna Dohna definitely has room for improvement, particularly in terms of the RNG progression as well as the epilogue closure, but with the engaging story, brilliant artwork and strategizing in gameplay, I would honestly say that it is worth checking out.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Giulio96

Played this game back when it was still only machine / partially translated so take this review with a grain of salt .

Dohna Dohna is a visually stunning game with an amazing , colorful , original and recognizable art style defining it , the art is just lovely , that needs to be said .

You will be playing as Kuma , the co-leader of an underground prostitution traffic as both him and his group try to fight their way to the top in what's essentially an extremely corrupted city ran by unscrupolous corporations and other criminals who also deal in this prostitution market .

And here comes one of the first things I disliked .
    During the whole story our main party appears to be a jolly gang of nice flamboyant anime boys and girls , each one playing along the lines of their classic anime-culture stereotype ( in a positive way ) and just giving the whole story a rather nice atmosphere...making you feel like you are the actual good guys in this mess of a city....except...you are not .
    The game's divided in two main aspects , the first one being the almost rogue-like one you go through when exploring new areas , fighting enemies , getting items to upgrade your gang's gear and the likes and the second one being the actual prostitution one . These guys do kidnap innocent girls from the street on a nightly basis and force them to prostitute until their mind breaks or worse ( since mutilation , trauma and similar shit are also part of the kinks this game has to offer ) . Whether you are into this stuff or not ( and I'm honestly not but I won't judge or kinkshame people over their fictional kinks ) this is such a stark contrast from the way the gang's presented to be in their usual everyday lives across the whole story .

The second issue I had with the game is that this prostitution management part seems to have been conceived rather poorly as well ; you will often simply not have enough consumables to keep your girls sane and as such you are literally forced to watch them get mindbroken and toss them away to replace them , even when it comes to unique girls .
    To make things worse...they don't even seem to have any animations , pixel art or literally anything to them at all to add to the sexual aspect...you just click a button , you know they had sex with the client , that's it . Unique girls get maybe 1-2 static censored CGs providing a few special conditions are met...which is rather lame .

Then we get to the main gang's hentai part of the game...which is also just composed of very few , very sparse censored CGs . I understand the art is amazing and that many people here just get the game via F95...but I'd rather remind them that this game originally came out on DLsite for the whopping fucking amount of 70 US dollars , which is a lot for a porn game...and which does cause a lot of expectation from a potential buyer . In this case I do not feel like the price matches the expectation it creates...sure , the illustrator did an amazing job and their art hard carries the game...but it's not enough and the whole rest of the game just appears to be rather mediocre if not bad .

To cut it short...I simply do not deem this game to be worthy of all of the praise it gets . It felt rather bad to me . The rogue-like aspect was okay , the story was okay and lasted for quite a while...but they didn't get beyond that . The art was great...but for such an expensive ero game I'd honestly like to get something more than just a few sparse censored CGs and a badly designed prostitution system . That's just my two cents .
  13. 5.00 star(s)

AverageEnthusiast

Really solid game, solid gameplay, solid scenes, voice acting is good, plenty of content both sexual and non-sexual, and the story is compelling in this increasingly capitalist hell we live in.
    10/10, would play again, and would probably buy it for real, once I figure out how to make it not obvious that I bought it on steam or wherever.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

feastjag

I just love this game. I know this game from musedash, where one of their song are coming from this game. Although it sounds very boring at first, with all of those prostitution stuff and etc, and combat system, but after around 50 days or so I just grow attached to it. It's really addicting to try out different character's combat style and etc etc. Gernally, I will give it 9/10.

Gameplay 8/10
    Sounds boring at first, but when I got to know the tricks of how to do the combat, I soon became attached to this game. The prostitution system is pretty alright. Not to great or not to boring. The event schedule are perfectly balanced, making you have a clear goal or mind about what you are going to do next.

Artstyle & H-Scene 9/10
    All the art and the H-scene are absolutely astonishing. Really well made and is the biggest pro point for this game. However all of them are static, which is a big let down of the game.

Plot 9/10
    Probably could be improved furthur, but I believe in terms of character development, this game did a awesome job to incoprate those dark element of the city and the vibe of the teenagers together. Ending is somewhat underdevloped, done in a bit rush. There are seperate endings for each characters too.
    *be advised, ntr is involved.

Final comment: I believe this is one of the best game in Alicesoft or the whole adult gaming industry as it perfectly balanced between the combat system, prostitution system and the H-scene + plot. It's definitely a worthy playing game, whole game playing length will be about 4 to 6 hours.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

asjfdalise93

Yet another game with S-tier presentation and incredibly boring gameplay. It's turn-based combat with a very limited moveset (basically just equates to spend more mana = do more damage). Moving the characters doesn't cost anything and you can't change turn order whatsoever. It is genuinely difficult to lose a fight (I tried multiple times without success).

You'll find more strategy in FFA shooters than you will in this game, and strategy is the only appeal other than the h-scenes, which are rare and surprisingly bad. You'd expect a lot of them since it's a brothel-esque sim, but fucking the girls just gives a text popup that says stats were increased and doing the nighttime game just shows the same static image of their body afterwards.

The only scenes are scripted with main characters and all of the characters are generic stereotypical husks. There is virtually no emotion in the dialog other than "excited". They're all happy 24/7, which is especially weird in a game about trafficking. It feels like an unfunny gag manga, with scenes that are barely animated (despite every other thing in the game being over-animated) with very little variation and the same corny electric pop in the background.

The long animations for every little thing, incredibly repetitive gameplay, and lacking h-content turned this into a chore to get through. I'm genuinely impressed that other people managed to get off to this slog.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Hunter's Reprisal

An Alicesoft game is always to be expected to be good and they served a great game!
    Story (3.5): Kuma, the protagonist, who is the leader of a group called Nayuta that uses violence and prostitution to rebel against the city of Asougi oppressions. It's basically an anti-hero story. There are multiple endings and many juicy build ups and plot points. However, I'm starting to notice a trend that Alicesoft tends to rush their endings like in Evenicles and some of the Rance games I've played. There a lot of plot holes and a ton of unanswered questions that I would like to be answered. Maybe the game might get a sequel? Evenicles is getting a sequel.

Gameplay (4.5/5): The gameplay is divided into different parts, Interacting, Hustle and Hunting. Interacting is basically just interacting with your girls, shop, and such, so maybe I shouldn't list this part as a gameplay part. Hustle is where you sell your female talents to customers to gain income. Hunting is where you get your talents. It is similar to Darkest Dungeon. The game is basically fairly simple and might eventually become repetitive to many. However, you don't need to grind in this game. You can basically complete the game underleveled due to how buffs work in this game. Regardless, it still an enjoyable experience. My little issue is that it doesn't have that difficulty that the other games by Alicesoft had. But that's my opinion. Other than that, it should be a 5/5. It's 4.5/5 imo for that reason.

Characters (4/5): At the beginning of the game, the characters at the start and the protagonist already left an amazing impression. Each has their trait and uniqueness to be likable. Idk if I should put this comment in art only or not, but the character arts are really colorful, outstanding, and brings out the character in them. However, I will say that there is some flaws with the characters. Especially with some loose endings that the game has.

Audio/Music (5/5): Every character, minor character, and nobodies are voice except for the protagonist which is basically the standard norms nowadays. (Personally, I can understand why gaming companies don't give voice overs to the protagonist, but that's a whole as different topic) Anyway, the music in this game is amazing. I would actually make a playlist for it later due to how good it is. It matches with the game, or just enhance the gameplay in general.

Visuals/Art(5/5): The main part of the game that draw our attention and basically made us stay for the game too, the visuals and arts. Everything is basically eye candy. The colors, the animated artwork, the backgrounds, the chibi arts, UI, and etc. It just jaw dropping. If I were to compare it to something, the visuals is almost on the same level as Persona 5's visuals.
    In terms of H-scenes, the game serves everyone's fetish (rape, ntr, etc are included) while being amazingly portrayed. Even though the art isn't animated, it still gives an amazing experience in via voice acting, music, and many expressive art factors!

Overall, 4.5/5. Rounding to a 5. The game is amazing for those who want high quality music, art visuals, amazing gameplay, and lovely characters. However, the story was good until like mid-late way. I don't know if it just me, or most of the Alicesoft games like Evenicles, few Rance games, and etc tend to have a rushed ending or so. Either way, it also satisfies anyone whether it's for the H-scene, or just for the game in general. Btw, you can avoid the "extreme" fetishes.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

PastryIRL

[Final] Fantastic artstyle, engaging gameplay mechanics, great dialogue - what else is there to ask for? The characters are unique and interesting, the events are frequent, and the combat is frankly addicting.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Young Breezy

Certified KAMIGE.

We talkin about multiple endings, FUN gameplay, professional voice acting, interesting story and setting, hours of content, GOD TIER art style, a cast of lovable characters you just won't get in any western adult game, and a BANGER SOUNDTRACK. Call me a weeb, but western adult games don't even come close to anything AliceSoft (or any other major dev from Japan) has put out, including this Godly game.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Heinata

I haven't played many VNs as I am usually put off by the static images and sub-stellar art. Well, this one is trying and surprisingly succeeding in geting me hooked. Of course the fact that it has got some grimdark rape scenes in addition to sweet and happy onces is a major draw for me but the art is also near perfect and the colourful modern style is a pure eye candy. Gameplay is rather simple but just deep enough to be satisfying. Highly recommended.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

DuniX

People complain about the Hustling Game but I quite like it.

In terms of Agency the Player has it is all about what you items you buy and what you invest in.
    TP is less useful because you can just use as many items as you have, it depends on how larger the number of girls you have to take care of.

The most important thing to understand is the Traits, everything revolves around traits. They give changes when the girl hustle/fucks.

MEN is basically your growth rate potential that translates to TEC, especially with positive growth traits.
    TEC is what gives the actual result, so they are kind of useless if it isn't high enough, so yes there is a reason for the fuck command kind of.
    LKS you don't need as much as you think as it depend on the competition and you have options against your competition.

It is a question of how much you invest, how long it lasts and how much of a return do you gain.

Hustling Phase is another part of the your Agency, some Customers have Traits that they Gift.
    If you have more than 3 traits it's overridden, I am not sure if you can override negative traits.
    Appreciation Day is best for this to actually transform your girls from waste of spaces to hidden gems.
    MEN+ Gifts I also believe always gives positive MEN, although I could be wrong.

Desperation Day on the other hand is your disposal day where you cash in your girls that have high TEC and the right traits but low MEN that you ultimately are going to dispose off. The Investment is finally Returned. They always have bad traits Gifted that can ruin them.

One Tip is to have a Bad Looks girl that can act as your skip button so that the girls aren't used on certain customers.
    Another is the Hospital Map gives contraceptive items and rope that you can use to capture your competition.