Collection - Unity - dotXLSGames Collection [23-07-2024] [dotXLSGames]

1. 2.00 star(s)

SonaraFox

If i had to describe this guy and his content it would be mediocre with potential. Freddy's Tales Backroom Survival is the main game here with the other two being basically practice projects that serve as a proof of concept that making a game is doable.

Getting the small ones out of the way. Jolteon x Umbreon is hardly a game but a single scene viewer. You start the game, name your umbreon, adjust her tits and cock, and then start where you can walk up to a jolteon and initiate an unskippable scene with no interactivity what so ever. Escape closes the game instantly. Tails Dolls Boom Escape is a bland and boring fighting game that is far longer than it needs to be and lets you experience the entire game in the first 3 seconds and then nothing else. Punch and Kick sonic characters to death with kicks that take up like 40% of your stamina to hit once and a stamina regen that is so slow that you will die doing this, forcing you to punch unless you're out of stamina from the kicking that you get hit instantly. The game is janky as hell and often times enemies will just attack you through getting hit even though you hit first. Enemy invincibility frames prevents you from really doing anything so the gameplay devolves into punch, wait out the i-frames, punch before they finish to the enemy becomes vulnerable mid punch and then gets hit, repeat until the end of time. The actual content itself is pretty boring and doesnt have much going for it.

Freddy's Tales is the real big project but with the Dev's experience and scope of the project I don't really have much hope for it but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong as I like the concept. Its a FNAF game similar to how Security Breach is in the way that you actively move around and the animatronics do the same. You're supposed to get resources like ammunition for your gun and find key cards to unlock areas and likely follow a story line but overall the entire project is bare bones foundations at best.

This project is janky as fuck and the concept is there but the direction is questionable. Not really sure the direction the game wants to take considering its designed to be a stealth game but you're also given a gun which trivializes the game when you can just shoot animatronics and run away. That said its not like the stealth mechanics are fleshed out and polished up either. In the new version she could be across the table from you and not notice you even though you're like 3 feet apart and standing straight up. Other times you could be crouching in a corner of a room listening to see when Chica leaves and suddenly shes sprinting at you because she saw you through a wall for some reason.

Other than that the entire project is full of jank and is in desperate need of polish and options. Speaking of which there are no options. There is no escape menu, you cant change your settings, you cant remap controls, and honestly even though the aesthetic of the game is nice it is a pain to actually look at. Surfaces reflect light at such an absurd degree that I'm often getting blinded just by having the flashlight out. Accidentally mouse over a toilet and suddenly the sun is on my screen for half a second.

You could easily go on and on about how much shit is in Freddy's Tales currently that make it a pain to just test for a moment. Sprinting in the game sucks because its on a toggle but even if you stop moving for a second you'll likely still be in mid sprint so your options are to come to a dead stop for like 2 or 3 seconds and then move again, or to press back just for a second to completely stop your forward movement for sprinting to stop. Not a big deal currently since the stealth in the game hardly works but you can see how that could become problematic down the line. Not to mention I've had many times where starting a sprint on a staircase or ramp locks my movement in a direction im no longer holding, such as strafe sprinting towards the left, letting go of A, and then im still going left for another like 3 seconds wondering why the fuck im still going left. Theres an added food mechanic where you starve to death and lose if you don't eat which just adds a layer to the game that probably doesnt need to be there. The lore is just papers on the floor to which it wasnt even in the game before the current update but when I say papers on the floor I really mean just papers that look like trash that you cant interact with at all, but if you stand on top of them you get a text window you can read. Some screens hang for way too long such as the death screen when you starve to death where you're just told you starved to death with some fluff added and it just hangs there for like a minute and you can't skip it and are kicked back to the main menu either way.

There is certainly potential but im very skeptical.