VN Ren'Py Down the Road [Development Thread]

Oct 8, 2019
So if I may offer some critiques and before I mention them, I in no way mean them as negativity just some ideas for tweaks.

So first off, Alyx in my opinion looks too much like Sarah. I realize that changing an entire model is a big ask but maybe tone down Alyx's eye makeup or add a tattoo?

The puzzles while I love the concept were instantly intimidating when I saw how many pieces there were, I think adding obvious edge pieces would make them at least a little less so. That is if this is something many comment on, then again it could just be a me thing and in that case, ignore.

The hunt for hidden pictures was a great touch and maybe add a patron reward for a passcode that enables a hint that tells you how many are in a given environment. Not full blown hints, just enough so people aren't searching a given map for one that isn't there.

This last thing isn't a suggestion but I also wanted to let you know that the name change isn't complete. There are a few places where it didn't change. I don't remember all of them but I know one was when Amber and the mc are both listed as the speaker at the dinner table.

All in all, I enjoyed the setup and look forward to watching this one come together. It looks to me like the world is going to be much bigger than Making A Mark and that sounds great to me. Good luck Fasder.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
So first off, Alyx in my opinion looks too much like Sarah. I realize that changing an entire model is a big ask but maybe tone down Alyx's eye makeup or add a tattoo?
She's not getting any major changes other than small tweaks if needed. I have several shots without makeup if that counts for anything.
In some ways, she's more like what I wanted to do with Sarah, but couldn't, because I sucked.
Now, they do share similar features, but they're quite different if you look at them side by side.
I think adding obvious edge pieces would make them at least a little less so.
There are already edge pieces marked with an orange line.
You can see the orange outline in this image at the bottom and the corner.
1652002793202.png
Also, there are two sizes of puzzles, though I do not show this information anywhere currently, so maybe that'd be a good idea. Currently there's one puzzle with 32 pieces and two puzzles with 144 pieces.
hint that tells you how many are in a given environment.
The hint system does just this, it just doesn't tell you how many there are, just that there are more if there are more in any given area and by area I mean like Steve's apartment not in Steve's kitchen. Though, this needs some work in the future as I plan to add the ability to travel between areas.
I don't remember all of them but I know one was when Amber and the mc are both listed as the speaker at the dinner table.
This was reported and has been fixed for the next version. I'm sure I'll forget it in some places again, but hey...
It looks to me like the world is going to be much bigger than Making A Mark and that sounds great to me.
There will be more characters, more side stuff, I think. Like trips and maybe some side characters and whatnot, so in that sense yes, it'll be bigger in scope.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it! :giggle:

Last edited: