RPGM - Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Atlas

The game is so good I don't resent it for being in RPG maker.

It is a corruption game where a good girl gets put into a hard spot and starts passing out mouth hugs.

Play this game if you like seeing a woman corrupted and slowly turned into a whore. The graphics are good. Lot's of potential here.

The game is basically a "pick the slut option and continue" visual novel. Normally I am not a fan and like more interaction. Here, it somehow just works.

Only complaint is not being able to scroll back text to reread it and I think that is the fault of the engine, not the author.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ART_obstrel

One of the first and favorite games I played here. Corruption game as it is, intriguing and interesting storylines. Can't wait to get to the piercings and tattoos. The musical component could have been better of course
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Trash_Panda

Everything is great, except game is made in RPGM. I actually wanted to give a 4 star rating just because of that but there's already a fair share of criticizm over it in other reviews anyway.

9/10 MC: Amazing body, face is also very good but could be better.
    8/10 Story: It gets the job done.
    10/10 Writings: Well its one of the strongest sides of the game.
    10/10 Corruption

Definitely looking forward to further updates.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

boulimanus

Updated for v0.12

The MC is very pretty, the renders are good, and the story is surprisingly well done for a corruption game, with different branches getting her to do different things.

However the bad things are just as numerous. The RPG element isn't too bad although it could be better by always having the name of the places on the map (still not everywhere as of v0.12). But the game mechanics are what kills it.
    Daily routine having you to change clothes to go to bed and get up (sometimes breaking the game if you change clothes or don't when you should). Quests being artificially blocked by others for no good reason. The dialogues are way way too long. And the progression feeling way too slow as well as even with many people calling her a whore and her being happy with that, it took long for her to have sex.

Compound to that a failing delivery model that takes so long to provide an update, it makes it hard to care for a story and characters when you forget what was going on since the last update a year ago. It's also making the navigation hard when you don't know what is where anymore. Made yet worse when bugs or arbitrary hidden rules (linked quest that doesn't say it in the log, only when you get to the location) prevent you from progressing in a decent fashion.
    Altogether it makes for a very shoddy and unsatisfying piece of work, no matter how good the renders look.

It could be so much better if it was a Ren'py with trimmed down dialogues.
    As it stands, although she definitely is gorgeous, with no replay gallery (one has been in construction for months) I'm not sure it's worth a play but you may still like it.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

ding000

Story is meh has some huge flaws and loopholes, but if you put that aside it's a game with well rendered scenes. I also like the progression of these scenes.

What annoys me the most is that this game has a 4 cycle day which serves no purpose other then to make you walk to your house and make you rest, which gets annoying really fast on top of that you need to switch your clothes into nightwear before you go to sleep every single day, again it serves no purpose.

Why do rpgm games do this ? day and night with different things to discover i get ,but 4 cycles with nothing else then set quests that happen to be in that cycle is just annoying and makes the game worse.

Would be a solid 4/5 if it wasnt for the things mentioned above.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

coffeeaddicted

I give this game 5 stars. Why? Because its just great.
    Graphics are great and realistic, great animations.
    Also, the paths you can take. Especially if you like to be a prostitute, this is your option.
    Plus, some BDSM though i haven't seen it yet.
    Everything is very promising and i will follow that game.

The characters looks really great and the story is for a sex game pretty good. Of course everything is very devious in nature. But that's why i like it.
    If you perverted like me, you will like it too.

Plus, that a plus for me, it has a quest log. Which is very helpful if you need to know what to do next. There aren't many game i encountered that have a quest log.

So for me it triggers all the right actions i like to see in a game about downfall. Hope dearly it will not be a short game but something to go on.

Thanks for making this game :)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Suputamadre

It is an awesome game,full of fetishes, sumission, corruption, humilliation, a very sexy and good looking character, and, in general, some good stuff to enjoy with it. I highly recommend this game for everyone that wants a high quality game¡¡
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Tonzura

Some surprisingly good writing and progression for the main character. I know the standard for writing is set astoundingly low in adult games but this game impresses none the less. There is not much in the way of real hardcore content so far, but I am enjoying the slow burn and "relatively" realistic story progression. The renders are nice as well.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1431431

I soooo wanted to love this game, because:
    1. It gets off to such an intriguing start with many interesting possibilities; and
    2. The early text / dialogue suggests that the developer understood how the main character's interests, fetishes, prior life experiences, and current situation could all come together to define how she might be corrupted and by whom
    But.....it doesn't take long for the developer to abandon that more realistic approach to Jane's downfall, and this turns into just another game where the main character is eventually willing to do anything with anyone at any time.

The good news is that there is still a lot to like about this game:
    • The main character (Jane) is very attractive, and the developer does a great job of making her beautiful without adding exaggerated features
    • Jane is also fairly intelligent, and the text does a far better job of exploring her thought processes (the ones that lead to her ultimate downfall) than most other games of the genre
    • This is actually so well done that Jane becomes exceedingly likable, so much so that I found myself rooting for her, hoping she could find ways to rebuild her life without having to completely debase herself (partially debasing herself is fine, even fun ;))
    • The overall story is interesting, and the cast of characters that she meets along her journey are as well, some of them at least
    But despite all of the above, the game never does live up to its potential, mostly because it forces her downfall to be both steep and broad. Jane never encounters a situation, fetish, taboo, partner, or preference that is out of bounds; worse, it seems that everything and everyone is an instant and uncontrollable turn-on for her.

Speaking as someone who has actually been "corruptible" at various points IRL, I can tell you that it just doesn't work that way. And it wouldn't work that way for Jane either.

The game makes clear that she was sexually active and even adventurous in the past, and that she wasn't above using her sexuality to her advantage. So why now would even the simplest stimuli send her into a lustful frenzy? Answer: It wouldn't.

And it's not just her behavior that isn't believable. The developer surrounds her with older dominant men, yet many of them yield to other men. Anyone who's ever been around a perverted older boss knows that they don't often yield, and "sharing" generally isn't on their minds when it comes to women.
    I know this is a sexual fantasy game, but even sexual fantasy games have to be somewhat grounded in reality to be truly erotic.

It's especially disappointing because the premise of the game was so promising. And in the initial setup, the developer created so many opportunities for things to play out in ways that were realistic, erotic, and additive to the story.

Truly hoping the developer's next game does all that and more.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

chillo

2 problems for me.both linked. the dialogue just gets boring with too much pondering by the characters, endless "shall i shall i dont worry you will eventually" etc. so i start skipping but when i stop there is no go back to last text button or facility. so i often am given a choice but dont know what its for? but it doesnt really matter because to advance the game you have to click the red choice anyway. but it would be nice to know whats going on. if the dialogue was cut by half it would still be far far too much. needs a massive edit. hope it gets one and is kept simpler in the future then updates might come quicker not having to spend an hour composing dialogue for what should be 2 or 3 sentences. i do like playing the game but it needs a "go back to previous sentence" option.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

bernd rosemeyer

Absolutely great game. VisuIals improve with the time. great story so far. the female mc is superb.
    I am really looking forward to the corruption path with the neighbour.
    that´s my kind of stuff - thank you for creating it.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

berny

Honestly, the game is nothing special.
    The renders are pretty plain and boring (the backgrounds and general asthetics especially, the characters are fine), there are almost no animations and the ones that are there aren't very good. The story is very generic (desperate girl is forced to do lewd things but finds out VERY soon that she actually enjoys being treated like a slut) with your usual completely dense (but supposedly clever) MC and dialogues and especially monologues that sound like they were written by a horny teenager who just reached puberty.
    My biggest problem with the game however is that it has completely useless stat points. You can gather moral and depraved points, the game however forces you to always choose the depraved option because
    a) you need these points later in the game to unlock scenes (which also prevents players from skipping content they are not interested in) and
    b) it's not really a choice because only one of those leads to a sex scene.

So your only choice is to either go full depraved or just play a very boring and badly written VN. It would have been much more interesting if the sex scenes played differently depending on your stats but instead you just get one completely boring and sex-free option and the slut option.

To sum up: Fans of the corruption genre can give it a try, the MC is sexy, the game plays pretty smoothly for an rpgm game and the story delivers what many expect from these types of games (there isn't much corruption though, it all happens very fast), but other than that the game is really not good and offers nothing new.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Vertaghost

Love this game.
    Really Great Writing.
    Great Characters: Ugly/Old/Fat/Young/Hot.
    Maps are small and easy to navigate.
    Very small grind for a big impact on the story and relationships.
    Freedom to choose.

Had some 2 issues on [Android] but you can still play and enjoy.

Issue 1: Quests don't display in menu.
    The developer highlights quest doors and characters so no big deal.
    NPCs explain well too.

Issue 2: Some scenes have audio error codes.
    The Fix: Save after the scene. Close app. Reload. Should be fine.

Still can't get enough. Probably took to much. 10/10
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Dodzh

- Very good renders
    - Maps are easy to navigate
    - Quests give clear indication on the map where you need to go as well as good description what to do.
    - If you like corruption/BDSM/blackmail well you'll love this one
    - basic story but interesting and kinky enough to keep reading it
  15. 5.00 star(s)

DriveBy

What an enjoyable corruption game. A female MC who is not just a dumb bimbo but smart enough to make a stand, desperate enough to be pliable and sexually curious enough to give in - whichever she prefers. I especially like the inner monologues that lead up to quite believable moral dilemmas/player decisions.

Good use of RPGM. Avoids typical annoyances like grinding and oversized maps completely. The game states the end of content for every single quest. Also very helpful: places are labeled the first time you have to go there.

Only con imo: despite solid writing this game could do with some proof-reading by a native speaker. But its not too big an issue.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

I really love these kind of stories.

The female character is the classis girl that every body would like, she is genuine and DESPERATE.

I like all the situations, mafia, modelling, bar, drugs, massages.

I hope the developer could dedicate more images to sex scenes just to give the right reward after the grind of RPGM.

I would like to see even more hardcore, rape, forced, hypnosis content... just something that make the grind worth.

Carry on.. after Road Trip game..this game is giving me joy

UPDATED v0.11.0
    Unfortunately the game seems have lost its spark.
    Technically the RPGM is massively improved (map, navigation, quests etc..) but the plot itself is "too simple". There is no erotic tension, no real blackmail, no forced situation.. everything is plain dull (Blowjob YES|NO) and it does not matter what you choose.

It started very well, but now it is a totally different game.... let's see next updates
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dirthead

Excellent Game. Being a big fan of Anna Exciting Affection and Alansya Chronicles...this game is a great addition to the genre. The depravity type point system can be frustrating when your choices lock certain content, but really no complaints. Just want more content!

Looking forward to updates and will be supporting this creator.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Priappus

This game started well but with each update it gets better and better,neither dragons nor monsters nor magic, a game of our time with a beautiful young girl and finally a wonderful game.this game developer made a great game.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

RaynHill

Pro's:
    Graphics
    Story
    No Grinding
    Clothing Option

Con's:
    Protagonist face changes all the time.
    Except for graphics the content is not really that fresh.
    Poor sound quality
    Not enough stats
    rpgm's usage is very basic, it's a beast for rpg games but dev made graphic novel on it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Zapdosmoltres1

This game is literally a trailblazer in the RPGM category. A lot of RPGM games are literally following the same grindy combat! Only a few RPGM game creators have had the courage to move out of that. Really happy to see talented digital artists working for this! It has one of the best renders in a 2d game. The game is quite heavy on blackmail (and things associated with it). Don't play the game if you are not cool with it, if you are though, you will surely appreciate the quality of this game.