Downloaded 2 VNs (Atelier Kaguya Games) and they don't start up when I click the exe

Dragonj76

Feb 5, 2019
I can't seem to figure out the solution to this problem. I installed and . I have japanese locale enabled (changed my system), reinstalled them multiple times, turned off firewalls, dragging the data folder + installer into the folder where I installed the game and ran as admin. Double clicking the "start.exe" doesn't do anything. The loading circle appears for a second on the cursor but no window shows up or anything. Can I get some help please. Thank you! Untitled - Copy.png

The install window looks like these after it's finished:
Does it tell me to do something more?

rwere - Copy.png

Last edited:

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
I had a similar problems with some games
Try extracting folder to desktop it worked for me

Reactions: Dragonj76

Dragonj76

Feb 5, 2019
I had a similar problems with some games
Try extracting folder to desktop it worked for me
I tried installing it onto a folder (it autocreates a folder I believe) on the desktop and that didn't work so I dragged all the files out of the folder into the desktop and got this error:

fasdf.png

• Sad
Reactions: Xaøs

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
The install window looks like these after it's finished:
Does it tell me to do something more?

View attachment 577351
I guess it means you need directx9
I tried installing it onto a folder (it autocreates a folder I believe) on the desktop and that didn't work so I dragged all the files out of the folder into the desktop and got this error:

View attachment 577363
It worked for me that time don't how
So sorry I can't help you further

Dragonj76

Feb 5, 2019
I guess it means you need directx9

It worked for me that time don't how
So sorry I can't help you further
I think it means that I need that as the minimum. I guess I'll try reinstalling my Directx stuff. Thanks again! Hopefully more replies come through from others.

Ganymede_III

Oct 22, 2019
I have no idea what I did but I fixed it fam! wooo!
!!! This is about "Mamagoto ~Mama to Naisho no Ecchi Shimasho~" !!!

Do you remeber if you tried changing your windows "clock" to japanese? That fixed it for me.
I've played a lot of VN's and this is the first one where I had to set the "clock" to japanese.
People always mentioned to change the system locale, but nothing about the "clock" thingy.

---
Set the clock to Japanese
Some games need to have the Windows clock to japanese, otherwise they will not run or will not display the text correctly.

Windows Vista | 7 | 8 | 10
Go to Control Panel
Region and Language
Select the format tab
Select Japanese from the list and apply

Windows XP
Go to Control Panel
Region and Language
Select the Regional options tab
---

If anyone else has problems, try installing "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)". First result in google (Microsoft site).
There is also a newer version of the game/installer and a patch from the official site. It's not necessary for the game to work
but you might as well try it if nothing else helps. Google "ままごと ~ママとないしょのエッチしましょ~" (a-kaguya site). On the last tab press the folder under "DMM".

Cheers!

Johncakeboy

Dec 16, 2018

View attachment 577363
I recently started playing Atelier Kaguya games and I have made some observations that might help future players.
Do not rename the folder in which the game files are, all the AK games seems to give the error there if you do that.
By this I mean the folder you chose during the installation process, I guess the game uses that location for something.

I would recommend keeping your totally legit downloaded ISO files ready in case you mess something up and have to reinstall.
Speaking of reinstalling, I got a different error, something with CDrawManager:: Load and reinstalling fixed that for me.

I hope this post may shed some light on these finicky games and help future players.

Zacuf

Dec 28, 2021
Set the clock to Japanese
Some games need to have the Windows clock to japanese, otherwise they will not run or will not display the text correctly.

Windows Vista | 7 | 8 | 10
Go to Control Panel
Region and Language
Select the format tab

THIS is exactly IT!!! Thank you man. It solved my same issue INSTANTLY.
The japanese sure have some clever ways of preventing piracy.

Thanks again!!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ganymede_III

Bilgwater

Jan 26, 2022
I have the same problem how do I fix this "system failed to load". I run it with locale emulator and still doesn't run, for me it opens the game where it begins, shows the error and when I press ok it brings me back to the game menu. I did set everything to japanese as you suggested, still not working. Please help if you have the same problem

Johncakeboy

Dec 16, 2018
I have the same problem how do I fix this "system failed to load". I run it with locale emulator and still doesn't run, for me it opens the game where it begins, shows the error and when I press ok it brings me back to the game menu. I did set everything to japanese as you suggested, still not working. Please help if you have the same problem
Try looking in the install.inf file in your game folder. The "Current" value has to be set to the install path.
Probably because of some jank with encoding I had to rename the Japanese characters in the path. Also remember to change the path in Textractor if you're using that.
Try renaming and updating the file, it should look something like this, where the Game folder contains all the files and the exe:
Code:
[PATH]
SetupType = 0
Current = "D:\Games\Atelier Mamagoto Mama to Naisho no Ecchi Shimasho\Game"
CDDrive = "D:\Data\"
I hope that helps.

Reactions: Bilgwater