Downloaded a game, and now it won't let me delete it.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I downloaded the "What Day Is It?" game (linked here: https://f95zone.to/threads/what-day-is-it-v0-2-biggestdickest.190655/post-13088682)

After I opened the file, I tried to play it and got virus pings from both windows defender, and avast. Deciding it wasn't worth the trouble, I tried to delete it and got the following two messages linked in the images section. What's going on, and how do I delete this file? I tried googling, and it said something about "taking ownership of the file", but the steps provided just got me to a section saying I'm already the owner. I'm very confused, annoyed, and a bit concerned, please help.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It means something is currently reading or writing into that folder, restarting your pc should let you delete it. If not, deleting the contents inside it, then restarting your pc, will allow you to delete the empty folder.
Worst case scenario, you can delete it from safe mode.

Reactions: Furmilk

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I downloaded the "What Day Is It?" game (linked here: https://f95zone.to/threads/what-day-is-it-v0-2-biggestdickest.190655/post-13088682)

After I opened the file, I tried to play it and got virus pings from both windows defender, and avast. Deciding it wasn't worth the trouble, I tried to delete it and got the following two messages linked in the images section. What's going on, and how do I delete this file? I tried googling, and it said something about "taking ownership of the file", but the steps provided just got me to a section saying I'm already the owner. I'm very confused, annoyed, and a bit concerned, please help.
hello there, you can try deleting the file by using safe mode, thank you Winterfire for your good suggestion.

worse come the worse, if you are still unable to delete the file, here is a program that might help you, the program is made to delete files that can not be deleted, try the free version of the program and see if it helps. . Good luck to you.

Reactions: Furmilk

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
It means something is currently reading or writing into that folder, restarting your pc should let you delete it. If not, deleting the contents inside it, then restarting your pc, will allow you to delete the empty folder.
Worst case scenario, you can delete it from safe mode.
hello there, you can try deleting the file by using safe mode, thank you Winterfire for your good suggestion.

worse come the worse, if you are still unable to delete the file, here is a program that might help you, the program is made to delete files that can not be deleted, try the free version of the program and see if it helps. . Good luck to you.
Thank you both for your help. Fortunately it was as simple as restarting the computer.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hu lover

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Thank you both for your help. Fortunately it was as simple as restarting the computer.
Thank you for letting us know you were able to fix the problem on your end. i am glad things worked out well for you.