downloading question

duskdragon75

Feb 1, 2018
does anyone know if ATT is throttling nopy? I have the gigabit fiber plan from ATT; when I first got fiber, I was able to download at atleast 15MB/s and for the last week its been roughly at 1MB/s. I am pretty sure its not my computer since Speedtest has been in the 900MB/s range. I don't notice slow speeds with MEGA, Steam or any other downloads. I also don't think its nopy's servers because looking at the statistics on nopy, the NA cache cluster is less than 20%. Anyone with ATT fiber have any inputs?

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Not a ATT customer But I am a regular user of Nopy 15 - 20gig a week avg download's and have not noticed any throttling. Plus
Nopy do state that they do not throttle speed or bandwidth in anyway. So I would say it's your ISP/ Connection.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
duskdragon75 Nopy do not throttle to my knowledge but if servers are experiencing heavy traffic you may experience slower DL speeds, This is down to contention ratio rather than throttling. (Contention Ratio / rate is the amount of connections to a particular server.High number of connections can = slower download speeds / low number connections you should get full Bandwidth) .You also have hops (hops being the servers you go through to connect with nopy in the 1st place if one of those is slow or dud that could e another reason for slow downloads) all in all i doubt it is your isp .If you continue to have problems post back i can give you info on how to check a few things if you are comfortable with command prompt

Last edited:
Reactions: MashUp47

duskdragon75

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, I already saw that nopy doesn't throttle from other threads as well as their own FAQ. I've just been having terrible download speeds from nopy for the past week or so (anywhere between 700Kbps to 1.7Mbps). I don't like using MEGA as much due to the data cap. I've restarted my modem/router several times. On Speedtest, speeds are fine... about 1-2ms of jitter, no packet loss. I've tried nopy at different times of the day and never saw any improvements on the speed. So I kinda feel its ATT? but yeah, if you want to give me the info... I can check. Thanks.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Sorry for delay in reply not been feeling to great

1st thing i would suggest is taking your Modem / router offline ie power it down for 5 min or so to force a new ip address
2, tracert command in command prompt "tracert.","%20then%20click%20"OK."&text=For%20enter%20the%20IP,site%20you%20wish%20to%20reach.you looking for dead or low performing servers
Finally if all above fails maybe time for a DNS change win 10 dns change read as it does give ideas for new dns hope it helps

Reactions: JianYang-69