VN - Others - Completed - Dream Therapy [v1.01] [Logan Scodini]

1. 4.00 star(s)

slavegal

I think the game is fine, despite there are some criticisms.

pro:
    1, the graphics are nice.
    2, focus on the fetish "dom/sub."
    3, manage to satisfy a submissive fantasy.

con:
    1, the story is indeed a little confusing. The premises are not very convincing.
    2, the weird expression: fake smelling
    3, it is indeed too short.

I think the issue here is the story is incomplete. Players can not build up a sincere feeling to submit to anyone in this game for obscure information. Many scenes could be totally reasonable if the creator spends more time on the "story"; thus, the creator can build up the dominant characters. It could be absurd to submit to the "mother-in-law" instead of the "fiance" for many players if there is no convincing premise provided.

Some players could still enjoy it, though, if humiliation is the fetish for them. I think the creator doesn't want to contribute to comprehensive BDSM, but a small area of it --- humiliation. I guess the creator aims at the sense of "being used," which doesn't require a strong bond between submission and domination. For example, the girl is sterilized unwillingly, which helps some players feel like animals or objects. Such a sense is for those who want to be totally helpless and powerless, who don't care and accept the identity as a "play thing" to anyone,which is one of the ultimate humiliations . I don't think it could be referred to the practical submission in real life. That is the reason why some players enjoy games like this one.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

AlphaBit

I really tried to like this game, the renders are very well done. I just can't do it, though. Submission is a voluntary thing, one chooses to submit to someone. I am primarily dominate in my relationships, but I would never force someone to submit to me. I want that trust and devotion that the one submitting gives to you when they do submit, that's part of the thrill of D/s. This game, leaving you no choice, is not about submission, it crosses too much into slave play for my tastes. You're given the option to resist, but then forced to submit against your will anyways. Even if it resulted in a game over, I'd be mostly okay, because at least my choices and selections had relevance. its 100% a kinetic novel
  3. 2.00 star(s)

VixnSkye

The story of this game made me interested, as I'm probably part of the target audience. The initial idea was great, and the character modells looked realistic, so it was a no brainer to try it. I also enjoyed the earlier parts of the game, but later it turned out it doesn't worth anything.
    First, the game gives you many choices, but they have zero impact on the story, or your character. No matter if you choose to most defiant, or the most submissive answers, every single scene plays out exactly the same way. And what's more, even though you are given the opportunity to control some thoughts of your character, her feelings during the scenes are also the same.
    Second, it wouldn't necesserally be a problem IF the dominating parties were written in a way the player wants to obey them, but they are really-REALLY not. There is your mother-in-law who is a hateful wench, there are the people you meet with in your dreams and they also not good for anything. Everybody is a shallow empty frame in this game, and not even the likes you would want submit yourself to. The creators don't know how to BDSM.
    Third, and it might be nitpicking, but given that you chose a same-sex relationship in the game, I really can't see the point in the infertility drug MC's mother-in-law uses. You couldn't have a biological child with your spouse either way, so why the drug?
    Fourth, it's rather bold to call this game completed. Completed game would mean a complete storyline, while this one has about three very short chapters, that merely serve as the introduction of the main characters.
    Fifth, the sex scenes are very poor. They have one position usually, and the writing during it can't hold the excitement of the player.
    Sixth, the controls are anoying as hell. There isn't much text in the game, but its speed is infuriatingly slow, and it can't be adjusted. What's worse, before your choices come up, sometimes you have to wait seconds after you finished reading the previous lines. It's infuriating even at the first time, and gots even worse at the second.

All in all, unless you want to play the role of a helpless sub, who's willing to submit themselves anybody, don't even bother to try this game, you will be infuriated by this.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

katschub88

This game could actually be pretty good but it's just horrible the way it is.

The game engine with the constant waiting for a text to show up or go away and these static buttons started to annoy me pretty quick. I could ignore this if the story was actually any good, but it isn't.
    The story is just really weird / nonsense, you are constantly forced into a submissive role which you can't escape. None of the answers (whether you are resisting or submitting) makes a difference, you still end up being raped/abused all the time without another choice.
    Maybe there are people who can actually enjoy this but for me it's just a big no.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Hyped

Seconding the previous reviewer. This game is underrated.

Great graphics and attention to detail. The engine feels fresh and could use some tweaks, but works great.

Well-written story and progression. Note that this is a game about submission and allows you play as either male or female character. If you're not into that, just skip it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Joe Steel

I am over-rating this game because I thought the last reviewer greatly underrated the game based on personal factors, not game ones. I'd rate this about 3.5 if I was rating it as the first reviewer.

I liked the renders and, overall, the story. All of Logan's games feature those occasional frisson moments when you realize that the story isn't quite what you thought it was, and this one is no exception. I found this a bit disorienting when playing as the male, so restarted as the female fiance and found the game much more consistent and coherent. The female MC is not beautiful, but she is attractive in her own right. Thank you, Logan, for not making a game with monster tits!

The short session format works well in the game. There is no "administrative overhead" of playing out any kind of daily life; the game focuses solely on the key encounters. That's actually a step above the other games from this developer, and one I encourage.

One of the things I think I like in the game is the chance to go back and re-play the various scenarios to see what happens with different responses, and in particular what leads to better "scores." The encounter with the mother-in-law's aide (or servant, or whatever he is) was much more interesting when I replayed it and drew him out more about the shared "dream." I have no idea what that means yet, but the mystery adds to the attraction of the game.

I only say I "think" I like it because it is completely opaque as to what the scores actually mean. Do I want high scores, or low scores, or do they just tell me what percentage of the possible story I was able to eke out? I like choices, but choices without context are frustrating. I do think that higher scores reveal more about the motivations of the various NPCs, so there is that.

I can't deny that the story is fun, though, and the scenes hot. If I never figure out what the "scores" actually mean, I think, upon reflection, that I can live with that given the other strengths of the game.

Play it and decide for yourself. It is very much a work in progress, but there's still a lot here.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

DarknessGod

Sadly, while this game had potential, the fact that a therapist/psychiatrist violated the law to force the wishes of the future mother-in-law, including drugging the person who she was suppose to be helping with a sterilization drink with basically LSD based "medicine" to feminized and force submission onto, as well as breaking patient/doctor confidentiality. On top of that, if that wasn't bad enough, the future mother-in-law also puts a heavier dosage to permanently sterilize the character, unless they submit to her demands, in which case she will give an antidote.
    I can forgive the future mother-in-law for doing it, because that's just her character, but the fact you have a psychiatrist doing it as well, when you are at your most vulnerable point, who also breaks the doctor patient confidentiality, is just that one step too far that I cannot forgive.
    The author needs to think about the ethical and legal ramification of his using a psychiatrist that way to drive the story along, and fix that issue, because many people in their real lives use psychiatrists themselves, and could actually effect their ability to communicate with the doctor without worry, making it so that in real life they start having real problems going badly.
    Also, in one scene, the main character caves in too easily, which is also very disappointing, because many people can withstand what the character caved in so easily on. There is also no option to not fall for the devious trap set by the fmil, especially when the player already highly distrusts her. Overall, this game is highly disappointing, and the author uses too many forced plot devices to carry the story along.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Winterz

While some of the graphics are of good quality, the lack of accurate or endearing facial expressions make this game feel like an adventure with blow up dolls and stick figures.

And while that may seem damming in itself to some, the real issue here is the lack of story perspective, development, or depth.

If you play male, you are forced down a path of cock sucking with the "all roads lead to Rome" approach. You cannot submit to a woman nor maintain your gender as the game might suggest.

The game needs to be explicit in stating this is a FORCED m2f Transformation FORCED bisexual game.

And to further state that most of the story seems like a false narrative given the premise of the story seems to be piling on.

Only reason for 2 stars is the graphics aren't terrible.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

picobyte

I really enjoy this game. It has a certain build up and development that you only read in high quality erotic stories. Also I think the graphics are superb. And it supports the linux platform, well.. probably nobody cares but me, but I think this is well worth 5 stars in my opinion. Hope development will keep on going.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

I am really not sure about this game/demo version. The UI is rather clunky and frankly the face animations, when speaking and such, are more immersion breaking then they add to it. There is neither a believable character-progression, nor any explanation why the PC behaves like (s)he does.
    Overall it feels like the auther has no clue at the moment which way the story is gonna go, so all seems out of place.