4.00 star(s) 24 Votes
Sep 16, 2023
Eh, I was surprised even positive 5* reviews got removed for mentioning you know what. I'll definitely give this another 5* when I can because the game is actually really good and v0.2 brought in a lot of content (certainly a lot more than I was expecting) and a lot of time spent with Abigail, which is probably my favorite girl so far. I hope the dev keeps up the good work, because outside of a few typos I caught from both episodes, the quality is certainly there for it to be an amazing game.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I really liked the update and the way the story and character relationships are progressing so far.

A good mystery story raises several questions, then provides answers while raising new questions. It feels like that is what is happening here.

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Nice reveal at the end but I already knew that the girl MC fucked in the previous update is Nadia because if you reject her 'nadiapath' flag will be set to false.

I'm not happy that a cutie like her fucked so soon though but it is what it is.

Noctus Games

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2023
Thought I'd weigh in on the discussions that have been happening in this thread now that 0.2 has dropped (at least it has here on the Zone :KEK:). Honestly, my approach so far has been to let the game speak for itself, and I want to keep that mentality both for my own sanity and because I know the best way to make a statement is to deliver a product that people enjoy. Things will only get better in 0.3 and 0.4 - some huge story beats and worldbuilding is coming!

Dorfnutter and others, I see your comments about DreamLink here and in other threads on F95 - I just wanted to say I respect your passion and there's never anything wrong with fighting for what you believe is right. First impressions last, I understand that. My one hope is that you and all the others who have been vocal about this game can come back to 0.2 and later updates with an open mind. With what's planned, I really think it could win you over. It might be asking too much right now, but I'd love to have your support one day, if only because I'm a huge AVN fan as well (after all, that's why I decided to make one).

Aside from that... every dev here on F95 knows that solo game development is a pretty cutthroat world. This is a second full-time job, except you don't get a salary, or any guarantees of support, despite sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours just to release something that - at the end of the day - will always be free to play. I'm developing this game out of passion for creating and a love for AVNs, not to make a quick buck. I'm in this for the long run, learning as I go.

For those of you who've enjoyed DreamLink so far, thanks so much for your support! Expect even bigger and better updates in future. I hope 0.2 gave a glimpse of the bigger vision I have for this game, and I hope we can make something special.

I'm more active in my Discord, so always feel free to reach out to me there! ✌

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Thought I'd weigh in on the discussions that have been happening in this thread now that 0.2 has dropped (at least it has here on the Zone :KEK:). Honestly, my approach so far has been to let the game speak for itself, and I want to keep that mentality both for my own sanity and because I know the best way to make a statement is to deliver a product that people enjoy. Things will only get better in 0.3 and 0.4 - some huge story beats and worldbuilding is coming!

Dorfnutter and others, I see your comments about DreamLink here and in other threads on F95 - I just wanted to say I respect your passion and there's never anything wrong with fighting for what you believe is right. First impressions last, I understand that. My one hope is that you and all the others who have been vocal about this game can come back to 0.2 and later updates with an open mind. With what's planned, I really think it could win you over. It might be asking too much right now, but I'd love to have your support one day, if only because I'm a huge AVN fan as well (after all, that's why I decided to make one).

Aside from that... every dev here on F95 knows that solo game development is a pretty cutthroat world. This is a second full-time job, except you don't get a salary, or any guarantees of support, despite sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours just to release something that - at the end of the day - will always be free to play. I'm developing this game out of passion for creating and a love for AVNs, not to make a quick buck. I'm in this for the long run, learning as I go.

For those of you who've enjoyed DreamLink so far, thanks so much for your support! Expect even bigger and better updates in future. I hope 0.2 gave a glimpse of the bigger vision I have for this game, and I hope we can make something special.

I'm more active in my Discord, so always feel free to reach out to me there! ✌
I like the game thus far, keep up the great work. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Noctus Games

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This one has potential. I'm intrigued by the plot.
Grammatically, it's mostly alright, but it's missing a rather large amount of commas, mainly vocative ones. Other than that, there are a few typos, missing or superfluous words, and a couple of missing periods. You can find those in the list below. (As always, the list is almost certainly incomplete, but I was a bit more thorough this time.) On a positive note, the problems get much less frequent in the later parts of the current content.
Anyway, a few complaints first.

I don't know why this game has choices. All of them are completely ignored:
- After saying you don't want to accompany Abi on the weekend, Lucy still says "you're heading to Eastbridge with Abi" as she hands you coffee. And of course, you then end up going with her.
- After declining a training session with Hailey on the weekend, MC still tells Lucy (and Taylor) he's "going for a run on Saturday" with her. He also gets a text Saturday morning, reminding him of the planned run, even though you not only declined, but also never gave her your number. MC also brings up this plan after the sunset scene. Finally, Sunday starts off texting about the impending run, and then actually meeting her for it.
- After not reacting to Hector getting handsy with Hailey, she apparently still told Taylor she "appreciated" helping her out.
- After not offering to go shopping with Lara, MC still mentions he plans on doing so Saturday morning, then goes to meet her after the run with Hailey.
- After doing absolutely nothing about the frat boys, Abi acts as if you fought them during the sunset scene.
- Not reminding Lara to try on the bikini seems to end up with her buying it anyway, since literally two lines after the choice, she says "New dresses... new bikini!"

After the campus tour, choosing to "say nothing, do nothing" about the frat bros causes an error:
File "game/script02.rpy", line 830, in <module>
NameError: name 'abi' is not defined

Also, I don't appreciate the city noises during the walk back from the university. If you're going to use ambient sounds like that, I'd suggest putting them on a separate volume slider. IMO, sound effects are a helpful addition, but ambient sounds can get annoying very fast, while contributing very little. But like I said, just a suggestion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Grammatically, it's mostly alright, but it's missing a rather large amount of commas, mainly vocative ones. Other than that, there are a few typos, missing or superfluous words, and a couple of missing periods. You can find those in the list below. (As always, the list is almost certainly incomplete, but I was a bit more thorough this time.) On a positive note, the problems get much less frequent in the later parts of the current content.

- After saying you don't want to accompany Abi on the weekend, Lucy still says "you're heading to Eastbridge with Abi" as she hands you coffee. And of course, you then end up going with her.
- After declining a training session with Hailey on the weekend, MC still tells Lucy (and Taylor) he's "going for a run on Saturday" with her. He also gets a text Saturday morning, reminding him of the planned run, even though you not only declined, but also never gave her your number. MC also brings up this plan after the sunset scene. Finally, Sunday starts off texting about the impending run, and then actually meeting her for it.
- After not reacting to Hector getting handsy with Hailey, she apparently still told Taylor she "appreciated" helping her out.
- After not offering to go shopping with Lara, MC still mentions he plans on doing so Saturday morning, then goes to meet her after the run with Hailey.
- After doing absolutely nothing about the frat boys, Abi acts as if you fought them during the sunset scene.
- Not reminding Lara to try on the bikini seems to end up with her buying it anyway, since literally two lines after the choice, she says "New dresses... new bikini!"

After the campus tour, choosing to "say nothing, do nothing" about the frat bros causes an error:

Also, I don't appreciate the city noises during the walk back from the university. If you're going to use ambient sounds like that, I'd suggest putting them on a separate volume slider. IMO, sound effects are a helpful addition, but ambient sounds can get annoying very fast, while contributing very little. But like I said, just a suggestion.

Was just about to post about this as well after trying this for the first time.

All choices are ignored. The game is on rails. It assumes you will always pick the "right" choice, and not the other choices, so the game automatically makes the choices for you and forces you on paths you chose not to do.

Renders are fine (minus some clipping here and there), and the story seems interesting as well. Won't get into the similarities of the other game as it has been already mentioned here enough. But overall, it's not too bad.

But since all choices are ignored and don't actually affect the story in any way and the game forces you on one path, regardless of the choices you make, it ruins the game for me. If you want to make a kinetic novel, make a kinetic novel. Don't give choices and then ignore those choices.

So yeah, not a fan of all that so going to have to pass on this one. Thanks any ways and best of luck with your game.

Noctus Games

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2023

Can't say thank you enough for listing this out - it's seriously invaluable feedback for a solo dev, when proofreading and game testing takes hours and I inevitably miss things on each run. Those choices definitely shouldn't be reflecting that way - tells me that I need to be more meticulous about flagging all branching paths in my story map.

Was just about to post about this as well after trying this for the first time.

All choices are ignored. The game is on rails. It assumes you will always pick the "right" choice, and not the other choices, so the game automatically makes the choices for you and forces you on paths you chose not to do.

Renders are fine (minus some clipping here and there), and the story seems interesting as well. Won't get into the similarities of the other game as it has been already mentioned here enough. But overall, it's not too bad.

But since all choices are ignored and don't actually affect the story in any way and the game forces you on one path, regardless of the choices you make, it ruins the game for me. If you want to make a kinetic novel, make a kinetic novel. Don't give choices and then ignore those choices.

So yeah, not a fan of all that so going to have to pass on this one. Thanks any ways and best of luck with your game.
Thanks for weighing in! There are branching paths that affect the fates and involvement of other characters, but admittedly most of those decisions are being planned for 0.3 and later. I don't want to spoil anything, but you've already seen one. Definitely will take this feedback on as best I can. There's a fine balance to be struck between cohesively progressing the story in each update and letting branching choices get out of hand (and risking never being able to finish the game because of that). I'm still working out that balance today.

Reactions: AnonW123
4.00 star(s) 24 Votes