Fan Art Dreams of Desire - Fan Art

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Ōba

Aug 19, 2018
Hi! @lexx228, I have been impressed by your work, seeing your work, it has inspired me to want to learn. I'm totally new to this, so I wrote to see if you could give me some recommendations or information: such as what design tools do you use? And mainly how do you get to an identical finish of the character (for example, Mrs Turner)? Are you doing it from scratch or are there already prefabricated models?

A week ago I discovered this visual novels or games ... and I loved it, so far the best I've seen are: A wife and Mother, Dreams of Desires and Dual Family.
Maybe you know some visual novel similar or better than those that I mention?

By the way, maybe if you have time, could you do a scene of mrs. Turner with the Publisher or the doctor? ...

I hope not to bother you with my questions and I hope you can help me, especially with the first questions.

regards

Pd: Sorry if I write badly, but English is not my native language.

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
Tracy showing off her pole skills...

View attachment 139781
Very nice effort. However don't take me in the wrong way when I say this, but I don't know if it is a lot of hard work or not to recreate the original Tracy, but I feel that the one closest to the original model is @MAC_T

It's a shame that @Lewdlab doesn't share the model, for us to recreate our dream world. :( Hope one day, he does share it... :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: nightqq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Very nice effort. However don't take me in the wrong way when I say this, but I don't know if it is a lot of hard work or not to recreate the original Tracy, but I feel that the one closest to the original model is @MAC_T

It's a shame that @Lewdlab doesn't share the model, for us to recreate our dream world. :( Hope one day, he does share it... :heartcoveredeyes:
I don't disagree! But, unless/until MAC_T or someone else decides to share their take on Tracy, I'll keep working with the one I have. To date, AFAIK I'm the only one that has shared a Tracy model in the DoD Art Assets thread. Others have shared very nice versions of Mom and Alice, both of which I utilize every now and then in my fan art efforts.

I'll be the first to point out that I'm not the most skilled modeler in the fan art biz. There are others that seem to be better at this, and that are more attuned to finding/spotting those tiny nuances that really dial in a model. But I do at least try to help get the ball rolling here and there, in the hopes that it'll inspire others to come up with, and share, better versions.

MAC_T and lexx228, as far as I can tell, have both done a bit more work with Tracy's skin tones than I have, which factors into this. Skin building/tweaking isn't my area of expertise.

So, not offended at all by your observation.

Hopefully someone will pick up (and/or share) from where I've currently left off with Tracy's model. In the meantime, I've 'locked in' the version I'm using for my fan art crossover story, 'cuz it needs to get done sometime, and the club renders take a really long time, even though I'm bailing LOOOONG before they hit 100% convergance/after an hour or more of dual 1080 crunching. My 'practical' goal has been 2000 iterations minimum which probably means a slight loss in render quality, but you pick your battles...

BTW, those subtle differences that I mentioned r.e. Tracy are one reason why I refer to her as Trace in my crossover fan fic, not Tracy. She's not the same, although she's fairly close to identical.

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
I don't disagree! But, unless/until MAC_T or someone else decides to share their take on Tracy, I'll keep working with the one I have. To date, AFAIK I'm the only one that has shared a Tracy model in the DoD Art Assets thread. Others have shared very nice versions of Mom and Alice, both of which I utilize every now and then in my fan art efforts.

I'll be the first to point out that I'm not the most skilled modeler in the fan art biz. There are others that seem to be better at this, and that are more attuned to finding/spotting those tiny nuances that really dial in a model. But I do at least try to help get the ball rolling here and there, in the hopes that it'll inspire others to come up with, and share, better versions.

MAC_T and lexx228, as far as I can tell, have both done a bit more work with Tracy's skin tones than I have, which factors into this. Skin building/tweaking isn't my area of expertise.

So, not offended at all by your observation.

Hopefully someone will pick up (and/or share) from where I've currently left off with Tracy's model. In the meantime, I've 'locked in' the version I'm using for my fan art crossover story, 'cuz it needs to get done sometime, and the club renders take a really long time, even though I'm bailing LOOOONG before they hit 100% convergance/after an hour or more of dual 1080 crunching. My 'practical' goal has been 2000 iterations minimum which probably means a slight loss in render quality, but you pick your battles...

BTW, those subtle differences that I mentioned r.e. Tracy are one reason why I refer to her as Trace in my crossover fan fic, not Tracy. She's not the same, although she's fairly close to identical.
Very kind of you to share the knowledge gained, since sharing is caring but not everyone is in tune with the same values. However, I salute you for the quick response, and also I hope you reach perfection one day with Tracy. Like I said if @Lewdlab would share it, things would be a lot more easy, but you know what they say that a "magician never reveals is secrets". Still, since I don't know how to build Tracy, for me is like trying to speak chinese. And my laptop is a load of baloney. I can only hope at the moment... So it's "keep calm and carry on" for me. :noexpression:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I don't remember seeing it mentioned but what do you need to make the apparition?

I was wondering if it was a special shader or texture or if you just play with diffuse and glossy a bit, if anyone knows the trick and i know some of you do going by the excellent renders i'd love to know.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes