VN - Ren'Py - Dreams of Reality [v0.4.5] [Cenc]

1. 5.00 star(s)

LordLestat

First off, the story is very unique, he's clearly pulling on our heartstrings.
    I don't really care much about animations, they are there though so it's a small plus.
    One of the first game that actually makes me root for the actual wife of the MC, usually I tend to dump them and move on to the other characters, but in this case Louise is very nice.

The insanity feature seems interesting and the paths are fairly clear so far.

On a side note, everyone seems to be fixated on a certain S character and implying things will happens even though the dev mentioned multiple times that nothing will happen, which is mind boggling to me. Let's be honest though, if we can get rid of him at some point in the story, all the better.

The only downside for me is the main menu video, but at this point it's nitpicking.

I'll keep an eye on it and see how it develops.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

5p1der

This is one of the best game I've played.
    The renders are amazing (and I honestly don't care about animations).
    The story is unique, great and emotional.
    The writing is very good and the English is good too so no complaints on that.
    The one thing I'm interested in is that the new "Insanity" feature, I want to see how that feature develops.
    Overall this game is amazing and definitely worth a try (the one thing I would like is to hurt a specific character whose name I won't say but it starts with S and ends with n) and I'm not good at writing reviews so if you find anything not in order my bad. :)
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Noddy4000

First up the renders and animations are high quality not top level but still very good.
    The character models are very pretty certainly catch your eye.

The story is interesting but lacks some past filler at this version.
    Some more support for all characters would be good.
    To be honest it is way to early to tell, So maybe hold off another version or 2
    Without wanting to spoil anything ,i am pretty sure there is a missing genre tag on this one, Only time will tell.
    Over all not bad at all will be interested in future update , At least until i see if there really is a tag from missing from the genre.
    Hope not!.
    Good luck to the dev
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TessSadist

First of all, my favorite opening title video/menu page ever!

The game has a very deep and emotional core that will tug at most people's heartstrings, and some will shed a tear (or more) playing the game.

I am not particularly interested in one specific mechanic the game will have (insanity) but I think most people will find it very intriguing and engaging if it goes the way I am guessing long-term.

However, I am very interested in the characters and their choices/consequences as they are very well developed and interesting in different ways. The overall quality of presentation (renders, sex scenes, expressions) are all top notch and just basically awesome! I almost never can play "nice" with my characters and want to always go evil/dark/cheating/selfish but Louise is such a good character (I really have to find that hair asset!) that I am tempted to love her!

I'm terrible at writing reviews so I will leave it at that, and say that in the glut of the same rehashed guy living in x with y number of female people, it's a breath of fresh air!

I would highly recommend anyone wanting a deep story (with of course some nice sex scenes) to try this out!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Zoey Raven

This is one of the best new games I've seen in a while.

Story: 10/10, it is not your normal take on an incest story, and the dev keeps you guessing until the end of the first update.

Content: 36 Choices in an 0.1, that's pretty darn good, and a lot of different paths already.

Renders: 10/10 Are excellent in my opinion, but I'm not a Daz artist. They look really good to me.

Writing: 10/10 Very good, certainly well above average for the genre.

Animations: 9/10, I've seen better, but these are definitely on par with what's happening at the moment

Overall: This game is edgy and dares to be different from your typical incest game. It has a good amount of content for an 0.1. The models are not cookie cutter, and the environments are lit incredibly well. I can't say enough about the writing in this. It's top notch. Hats off to Cenc. Keep going, you have potential greatness at your finger tips!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

I normally avoid early builds. Not enough to go on yet.
    But the art looked good, the premise promising, and I didn't see any reviews yet, so I though I'd take a look.

Overall, I'm impressed and hopeful.
    The renders look amazing. The dialog is a bit cheesy, but flirting can be cheesy, so no harm in that.
    I appreciate a slow burn game, and one that intends to put a focus on romance.

And the animation that starts the game is amazingly well done. This demo shows amazing polish, and is an indicator of great things to come.

A 15 minute demo, there isn't enough to give 5 stars. But I look forward to revisiting this in the future and upgrading my rating.