Tool DRM Removal Tool

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Heyo,

I've developed a tool for removing DRM protection from games you personally own.

Usage:
- Run drmRemover.exe (requires admin access)
- Select directory you want to extract from
- If prompted, also select game's executable
- Game in question will be launched and run for a few seconds while extraction takes place.
Don't interact with the game during this period.
- Results are placed in "extracted" folder

So far I've tested this just on my own computer (Windows 10) and on three different games: A unity game, a RPG VX one, and an RPG MV one.
Hopefully there aren't any issues running it for other people.

Edit:
Since a few people are reporting problems with the F95 attachment, here's the same file uploaded to mediafire:
Note that due to how the tool works (it performs DLL injection on the game process) some AV tools may flag it as dangerous

Last edited:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I tested your drm removal tool out and it's incredibly easy to use. Do you plan on extending it's functionality to crack dlsite secure packages and PlayDRM in the future?

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
I tested your drm removal tool out and it's incredibly easy to use. Do you plan on extending it's functionality to crack dlsite secure packages and PlayDRM in the future?
I could try. It depends how similar those systems are.

Could you link me some products that use this kind of protection?

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Here ya go, this was posted on anime-sharing by cedr777 so someone could try cracking the DRM.

Its the latest version of this game.

swilliam

May 26, 2017
Bought a game on Dlsite, it had their DRM protected logo on it but didnt think much about it.
Turns out you cant use a text hooker on them so was stuck with a game I had no easy way of reading but this tool worked amazingly well, removed the DRM and now its no problem hooking it up and getting the text! Sending all the thanks I have on me at the moment with bits and pieces of pocket lint.

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Bought a game on Dlsite, it had their DRM protected logo on it but didnt think much about it.
Turns out you cant use a text hooker on them so was stuck with a game I had no easy way of reading but this tool worked amazingly well, removed the DRM and now its no problem hooking it up and getting the text! Sending all the thanks I have on me at the moment with bits and pieces of pocket lint.
This was after the login prompt or before?

swilliam

May 26, 2017
This was after the login prompt or before?
You kinda quoted me saying I could start the game and play it, so yep it was after the login prompt.

I imagine if simplified the Dlsite DRM works a bit similar to a password protected zip/rar archive where it holds game files hostage, if you dont have the password its a bit hard to get to the files but if you have the password and open it up its not that hard to copy the files. Im guessing this tool uses the chance to copy the files when the DRM protected files are unprotected(when you start it) so you kinda need the password first to make it work.

Reactions: DarkMask
Jul 19, 2018
Question - will you be extending to the other doujin majors? DMM uses a separate system that works similarly to the DLsite DRM that this program defeats.

(By the looks of it, it places the game exe behind a gatekeeper exe, and then calls the DRM check (username/password) that way, unpacks it then childs the actual game.exe through that) and I can provide a copy of a game that uses the system (and obviously a valid account to clear the DRM check) on request.)

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Question - will you be extending to the other doujin majors? DMM uses a separate system that works similarly to the DLsite DRM that this program defeats.

(By the looks of it, it places the game exe behind a gatekeeper exe, and then calls the DRM check (username/password) that way, unpacks it then childs the actual game.exe through that) and I can provide a copy of a game that uses the system (and obviously a valid account to clear the DRM check) on request.)
It depends on whether the drm protection can be cracked with the same approach. It might be possible to make my tool compatible with only minor changes.
I'd be interested in taking a look at that dmm game if you can send me a link.

Jul 19, 2018
I can do both, although for (fairly obvious) reasons I can't transmit the login details to allow for a passthrough directly here cause for some reason (new account I suppose?) I can't PM you directly, and well, I did pick it up myself so I rather not be leaving the login details.

Maybe you can PM me directly? If not, I'm happy to contact you in a private channel format.

The interesting part is that if you watch the folder, you actually SEE the decrypted game.exe in the folder. It's just locked to processes because it's loaded as part of another process (Game_.exe I'm guessing, but it could be the DRM the game requires you to use (sdmeter) which can be found at: )

Attempting to run the uncracked game will also prompt you to download the software.

The Dropbox link has served its purpose - Taken down.

Also note that your tool works for DLsite DRM'd games (They use the same protection for EN and JP releases), which is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: philslither

Rex8501

Nov 26, 2018
This is godsend. I will link few games from dlsite which I found few months ago. Might take some time to find those again.

Jul 19, 2018
Bear in mind I've also the end result and the ability to access said end result (You need some way of unlocking the content to play - like the proper credentials given as part of a game purchase) so it only breaks the DRM of games you have the access keys for.

It's why I have to offer my account as part of the development to break DMM's DRM, which seems to be similar in behavior.

If you have purchased DLsite games which use the DRM, you can unlock them and break the encryption with the tool. If you DIDN'T buy the games (or have someone else's access) having the files doesn't actually help you here.

Jul 19, 2018
Well, I imagine the OP will post instructions, but the summary is - "I didn't think it'd be quite THAT easy."

You will still need a valid way to bypass the DRM, but once through, getting access to the unprotected files necessary is REALLY easy.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
For anyone interested, Illusionbreaker and I looked at a dmm drm system where there was an exe called "game_.exe". When first run it gives you a login prompt, and while running there is an executable called "game.exe" in the same folder.
Breaking the system just requires you to access this game.exe file and run the game that way.

The solution we found was to use a windows tool called ProcessExplorer and use it to end the "game_.exe" process while the game is running. This prevents "game.exe" from being deleted and removes the file-lock. From there on you can just run "game.exe" directly and remove/ignore "game_.exe". (There is a read-lock on game.exe that prevents it from being copied while the game is running, and using task manager to end the game's process doesn't work as game.exe still gets deleted)

Jul 19, 2018
I think what worries me is how trivial it is - it's apparently been used by DMM for ages, but you could, in theory, abuse the rental system DMM uses for other things, such as the video subscription section, among other things.

Not I have it (although I probably could if I could be bothered to jump through all the loopholes and had the money) but you could end up with... a lot of content access for cheap, then releasing the content to the masses.

It's stupidly easy, and we haven't seen many games use said DRM at DMM (I have another exclusive that doesn't even bother putting protection, raising questions about how much the content providers value DMM's DRM) so it's more a footnote at this point.

philslither

Apr 11, 2020
Does this tool work for other DMM games? I installed Fortune Arterial (2015 edition) and it requires Soft Denichi to run, so I installed that and entered my account info. It works fine with Soft Denichi, but I really hate having a DRM program run in the background all the time. Do you guys know how I could bypass that? I tried the ProcessExplorer method and I couldn't find a game.exe; this game runs as BGI.exe. As far as I can tell, all the game content is there, and it just requires a verification step before it lets you run the game.

Edit: it doesn't seem to work with Fortune Arterial. Tried it just now. If you guys are interested, I uploaded the game and I can post it after I make 3 posts.

(Just discovered this site recently, can't post links yet)

Edit 2, Link:

Update: In case anyone is interested, a tool called DenchiUnwrap was able to remove the DRM!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowclonezero

limlimg

Apr 14, 2020
You have my appreciation for creating this wonderful tool! I have an RPG MV game bugged due to DLSite translation, with your tool I was able to identify the issue and fixed it.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for this. Finally got to move the game dir thats been an eyesore since i couldnt launch it from elsewhere because of drm.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote