Ren'Py - DropOut Saga [v0.9.1b] [LazyBloodlines]

1. 4.00 star(s)

PatrickJ

Version 0.6.0.a updated review -
    This game starts with interesting premise gangster / mafia type story and it involves various settings like school , sci-fi and graphic violence . I hate Sandbox elements which was introduced in the first release where having to increase affection points with the girls like talk , talk , talk with same girl repeatedly and no book / info / notes in game to guide you to what to do next and having to grind to skip time , it seems to have got reworked at some stage and now there is no need to those things and if you don't know what to do and got struck in the game , you can ask your otherself now which is something that was missing and now it's great . Charecters have been reworked and their personalities got better and for me best girl is Ava - love her charecter . Male protagonist now seems like a nice guy to play now and love the dark story in the game . Sex scenes are well done . Now after trying latest version it is is now at 4 stars and has potential for 5 stars in the future .
  2. 5.00 star(s)

pougie

I loved my playthrough of this game. Many parts of it are admittedlystill in early development phase but I found the story compelling - this is no run of the mill school game where the MC is inevitably swarmed by practically every girl in the building desperate for him to be their first,etc ,etc. Rather each character is really well fleshed out and has their own motivations -and there's an overarching main plot which compels you to make meaningful moral choices.
    Really looking forward to next instalment.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

[v0.1 alpha] review EDIT after version 0.5.7

Whow - the dev made big steps into the right direction, and the game is getting better. His improvements are devinitively visible. As for the story, the improved gameplay and renders, i raise my review from 3 up to 4 stars.
    But still there are many things that could be improved.

original review:
    1.) needs opportunity to change MC name (EDIT: seems to be done by small uppdate just this second) done
    2.) should be scripted to be able to use URM Mod or at least Unren (both don't work for some reason) done
    3.) needs a propper hint system - as nothing is more boring and a complete "turn-off" than senseless skipping around to search for next event (if you reached end of story content, you even will be roaming around forever) done

To sum up:
    promising setup so far, but once again a senseless sandbox game where you just skip stupidly around.

For now it's like a 2-star rating game, but for the benefit of a first release, i review with 1 "bonus-star" as long as the developer seems to be responsive

PRO: The developer seems to be open minded to any suggestions
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Alexcameron

DropOut Saga [v0.6.0aalpha] review -
    PROS -
    Renders have improved drastically from the first update which was too dark .
    Good looking female models .
    Story seems a huge upgrade from the first release .
    NEUTRAL -
    Sandbox is still there but luckily there is no grind .
    Though MC is nice to play , still not a fan of his twin self , though he's imprortant to the game , i just hope he tones down a bit in the future .
    Overall game and story have improved a lot still not perfect but it's good game and was thinking about changing my review from 1 star to 4 to 4.5 stars since dev listens to criticism and keeps on improving the game , and also active and communicative in the forum gonna round it to 5 stars . Looking forward to next release .