VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Dual Family - Last Christmas [v1.01] [Gumdrop Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Paranoid_android

A non-intrinsical game update, albeit good but set in the past that really doesn't bring more weight into the story necessarily since this is just tinted with a somewhat grim prophetical atmosphere (regarding the gifts, the in-fighting, and the nods to the present timeline that everyone wishes the Dev to go back to and update) hanging over every character of their near future predicaments within the family.

In other words, it was depressing, unlike the last main game's update (IX), which covered some struggles, resolutions to conflicts, some warm moments and signs of light near the end of the tunnel, this just brings you back to the earlier chapters of DF encompassed with melancholic tones as the forerunner of the initial narrative (pleasantly surprised it wasn't saturated with too many conundrums nor monologues).

Lastly, this prequel's ending gives an insight/preview into the fabled animations that have driven the main game to be stuck in Limbo.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Flufflebutt11

Not important to main story, but enjoyable to read if you like the characters and main plot regardless.

Extremely little adult content in here if that's what you're going for, some hard to see nude scenes and a preview animation at the end.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Silk_Ari

This felt utterly and completely useless. I really didn't care about anything that was going on story wise. It serves no purpose to the general story at all other than to say, hey here's the characters you remember from the full game, now let me throw something together real quick just for nostalgia sake. There is some "sex"/Nudity but even then you can't be bothered with it because it's blatantly there just to tease you... which isn't a bad thing, but with this game it's just like, UGH AGAIN? How many times do I have to see a partial shot of the girls nipples?

There's also some weird reminiscing during the sex scenes where they have sex with women you don't know, don't see and don't care about.

The naming menu was also badly made... it took me a while to understand how it actually works, I thought it was buggy and game didn't work almost just quit and deleted the game(which would have saved me some valuable time I'll never get back).... just terrible design.

There is a positive, I guess, you do get the same quality renders and artistic style gumdrop is known for, I find it quite good 80% of the time, but some scenes in this where they are just of a blank wall with a dresser or of a random crotch shot make me go huh? That being said, some angles really look great and offer a unique style to the game.

Overall feels like a complete waste of time.