Unity - Abandoned - Duel Kinks Trainer [Ch. 3 v3.0.0 Beta] [30Decks]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ericmartinez

If your a big fan of the original series you are going to love this game. I like how the game works specially the duel system and also how you follow the main storyline of this game that's big thumbs up to the developer the only problem that I encountered while playing is the bugs but overall good job guys I hope you can continue until the last arc. I'm looking forward for this one you can do it guys Good luck!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

InnocentKiss5

i really like this game it was very fun but for my friend whos a lolicon he expected more when playing against the lolis so i would like if you add something like also when playing and dueling it would be more fun for me if i didn't just get a retry and would instead fail like if it was on hard mode it would just fail you if you lose and you dont get a retry until you find them again so can you add a hard mode???? and add more cards it was boring with so few cards the drawing aren't great and names are just on the verge of random most likely you just added a twist or made it up on the go so it would be nice if you can add more cards but other than those opinion i'd say your game is excellent!
  3. 2.00 star(s)

IG88a

I've been seeing the pre production for this posted for a while and wanted to give it a fair playthrough but...

If you were looking at this as a Visual Novel Trainer game from the PoV of the First few chapters of the Manga's Chad Yami you'll be sorely disappointed.

If you were looking for a sandbox dueling game with content on win mechanics you'll be disappointed for different reasons.

Writing:
    0/10. I suspect the dev is not a native english speaker. What is here relies heavily on the structure of the original show/manga, but without any of the characterization or using it as a springboard. The intro is essentially filler and goes on for hundreds of lines of exposition of things the player knows from foreknowledge paired with an attempt at humor. The characters don't act like the characters in the show or manga, missing the point of the named IP protagonist. Plot is simply "The Pharo rapes girls on win when there is art for it and they like it" without explanation of why that trope common of pokemon parody art exists in this world. Also Tea throws herself at you because cardgame related reasons. It doesn't do anything new to erotically parody the source material or draw on the themes and subtext of the manga (not so much the 4kids version).

"LEWD SHIT GOES HERE" is a quote from the intros autoplay first sex scene.

Gameplay:

The dueling system is completely broken, borderline unplayable. Almost nothing like the game.
    -half the turn structure is missing
    -there is no summoning system, you can place cards of any level on the field from the hand
    -there are only spell cards, but only quick play cards actually work since they can't be set on the field
    -you only get 15 cards in your deck
    -you only get 3 field slots and 5 cards in your hand
    -equip cards and card effects are applied randomly without player control
    -random things happen, like the computer deleting cards off it's own side of the field.
    -computer plays cards at random with no AI (you can one turn kaiba or it'll run out of cards or a little girl will fusion summon a 3500 attack monster.)
    -"skip main phase" button and using spells alone will randomly skip your entire turn.
    .Etc.
    It is neither a faithful recreation or a streamline of the dueling system. It's also the games main grind mechanic so you'll see it a lot.

Trainer Mechanics are limited. Buy the thing to do the thing. Entirely Linear. No corruption angle, things just happen. Comes back to the writing.

UI and controls:
    escape is fast forward, cntl and right click does nothing. The game menu is only accessible from the overland map. It's entirely nonstandard and ruinously clunky. The controls of the duel system are a mix of limitations of the coder and just homebrew and entirely divorced from the way the Gameboy style duel games play.

Art:
    deviantart animu style, no sense of how to colorize. Not good, but it is functional. The random art pulled off the internet for posters not so much. And the official art on the card pack and a few posters slid into the bg I'd suggest the dev removes.

There is animation for the couple sex scenes currently in game. Simple loop. Not very erotic with no dialogue or framing besides fucking a girl in an alleyway after beating her at a card game (no explanation given) and some grind to see Tea's tits is the "trainer" part of this game in it's entirety but it's why there is a second star.

TLDR:
    I don't put much hope in it being salvageable. The duel system the dev has spent ~6 months or more in the process of coding is nonfunctional, paired with core problems to the way the UI and game is coded. Even if those foundational problems were fixed, the premise and writing is not there for a interesting to play Trainer. Work went into this, but effort and execution aren't the same thing.

Edit: Also a potential memory leak. It's gone being left open from an already frankly ridiculous ~750,000k startup ram usage to ~1,260,000k over the course of an hour, with gameplay making it worse. The dueling game, map travel, and loop animations aren't freeing up memory properly.