Unity Dungeon 2D [v0.01] [nekr0m]

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
ero.png

Overview:
Offline RPG with level randomization, a couple of monsters, traps, skills and equipment items.
Each level has secret passages in the walls - for example the first level is above the succubus spawn point,
other levels have rewards! Have a nice game, I will be glad to criticize​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-24
Release Date: 2022-10-23
Developer: nekr0m F95zone
Censored: No
Version: 0.01
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Android: - - - -

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Please add the tags :coffee: is this game completed?

nekr0m
Please, submit a ticket for the game developers tag.

Reactions: nekr0m

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
Why have gender specification, if there's no sexual content yet?
Some people want to choose their gender.
Other people don't want a gender at all.

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
Why have gender specification, if there's no sexual content yet?
Some people want to choose their gender.
Other people don't want a gender at all.
Gender - female because the character is a succubus, just 2 modes: normal and erotic. Switch modes before starting by clicking on the picture. As for the content - I don't have an artist (

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
Bro jsut went on google, grabbed some images an put together a "game" lol
Ok, create your own game where there will be an auto balance of enemy stats, different characteristics of items, skills with their own abilities and requirements (6 class skills), various traps, randomization of levels, randomization of drop-down items depending on levels, hidden bonus places, collect everything in one bunch and let it work! At least somehow, with all this, do it without anyone's help ... If you are so gifted that you are able to code and draw and write music, have a wild imagination and a great sense of balance - you will easily succeed, and I will be your fan.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
Ok, create your own game where there will be an auto balance of enemy stats, different characteristics of items, skills with their own abilities and requirements (6 class skills), various traps, randomization of levels, randomization of drop-down items depending on levels, hidden bonus places, collect everything in one bunch and let it work! At least somehow, with all this, do it without anyone's help ... If you are so gifted that you are able to code and draw and write music, have a wild imagination and a great sense of balance - you will easily succeed, and I will be your fan.
Presentation and consistency is just as big of a part of game design as the game mechanics themselves. If you put together something that visually looks like a joke, expect open criticism or skepticism for the seeming lack of sincerity of such a project.

Jul 9, 2017
Genuine question, dev. What is your goal with publishing this one? Because there's nothing wrong with making a project just to learn stuff or try things out. But when you publish something, you are aiming for recognition, or popularity, or monetary gain, or feedback, or anything else you could get from a community, be it of fellow developers, players or both.

So if your game is in this rough a state, wouldn't it be wise to polish it before releasing? If you are strapped for cash, ask yourself: Would you genuinely pay for a project like this if it were made by someone else? If you answer anything other than "Yes!!" then don't upload yet. You're only going to waste time at best and get a bad rap at worst.

Sep 12, 2017
At no point did he claim he could. But if he can't, and doesn't, that's better than someone who can't, and does, and then gets combative. If you want to learn, and grow, that's one thing. But getting combative from the start is how you kill any sort of reputation you could wind up with. That's why the other guy above me is right, you gotta figure out what you want from this. Not a good start man, but you can always pull it back. Need the right attitude and mindset.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Tell me you didn't use PlayerPrefs as a Save System, and I'll actually be impressed. Nothing screams more newbie than using the registry to save game data :p
All of what you have said could mean anything, like "different characteristics of items, skills with their own abilities and requirements" I mean duh, that's what classes are for.
As others have mentioned before me, responding in such a combative way does nothing in your favor, kindness always goes a long way... Especially when interacting with potential players taking time out of their day to play your stuff.

Now, there is nothing wrong with not being art inclined and still wanting to make a game, I prefer the coding part myself and published some turds in this website simply because I enjoy making games, so I can relate and hope you will actually continue making games.

However, "not being art inclined" is not an excuse for everything... The screenshots shows a lack of understanding of the Game Engine you are using, nothing wrong with that, but what feedback other than "Watch some tutorials and spend at least 6 months learning it before publishing anything" do you hope to get? :LOL:
I mean, that wide putin plus button is as easy to fix as checking "Preserve Aspect", it is just 1 toggle.
That and the white outlining that you didn't bother to mask also show that your sprites' width/height are most likely not multiples of 4, which is a whole other issue that Unity warns you about, and I am sure you have ignored.

If you just wanted to have fun with programming and perhaps writing, there are many Game Engines that offer you all the tools to make text based games... There are many in this website. Heck, even Unity allows you to make Text Based Games.

• Red Heart
Reactions: nekr0m

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
I feel that this game has potential, so please don't be discouraged due to the criticisms you receive, but they are all making valid points. Maybe you could use some introspection at this time if you aren't certain as to what you are trying to do, but being defensive about the quality of the game that you have put out that has a plethora of flaws recognizable at first glance is inadvisable. These flaws can be fixed as others have pointed out, but not all criticism is going to be constructive and people are going to call this "what a pile of steaming shit", and that is not your fault. Even if the game were flawless and had all the functions you intend it to, there will still be those calling it a "pile of steaming shit" and you just have to accept those types of "reviews" where people are just voicing their dissatisfaction because you can't magically alter people's perception of a "good game".

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
Genuine question, dev. What is your goal with publishing this one? Because there's nothing wrong with making a project just to learn stuff or try things out. But when you publish something, you are aiming for recognition, or popularity, or monetary gain, or feedback, or anything else you could get from a community, be it of fellow developers, players or both.

So if your game is in this rough a state, wouldn't it be wise to polish it before releasing? If you are strapped for cash, ask yourself: Would you genuinely pay for a project like this if it were made by someone else? If you answer anything other than "Yes!!" then don't upload yet. You're only going to waste time at best and get a bad rap at worst.
Hello, good question! The most important thing now is to find an artist and make games with NORMAL GRAPHICS with him. I will also be grateful for the reviews, but what's the point of writing ridicule? What do you expect to hear in response? I do not force anyone to play, download or pray for my work. About the visual chat - I know myself, not blind. I don’t know how to draw, it’s not profitable to pay money for rendering such a simple project - there are a lot of drawings, and it’s unlikely that anyone will buy.

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
At no point did he claim he could. But if he can't, and doesn't, that's better than someone who can't, and does, and then gets combative. If you want to learn, and grow, that's one thing. But getting combative from the start is how you kill any sort of reputation you could wind up with. That's why the other guy above me is right, you gotta figure out what you want from this. Not a good start man, but you can always pull it back. Need the right attitude and mindset.
HAHAHAHAHA! You know... criticism is one thing, insults are another. And yes, I see that the graphics are not very good, just start the game first, evaluate the functionality, balance, performance, the presence of bugs, freezes and errors - and then draw conclusions and give advice.

• Angry
Reactions: ChaosRiderWolf

D.K

Nov 3, 2017
I... What?

First and foremost, those screenshots do not entice me in any way, shape, or form to download the game or even play the game for that matter. Second, seeing how you've reacted to most of the posts outside of what? Three posts? With thinnly veiled hostility (Granted one is warranted.)

I get you want to draw in some people, but this isn't the way to do it. You aren't magically going to bring in a big crowd of people if the presentation of your game looks like something I would've made in high school for Comp Sci minus the erotic content. I would agree with you on the "Make a game by yourself" comment if I didn't see things like Night of Revenge or Anthophobia, both of which were coded, had their sprite work, and their game mechanics done by one person. In the case of Night of Revenge, D-lis did the game fully alone, Anthophobia up until I think it was full release was done solely by Sourjelly before he hired an artist to redo his gameover pictures.

Reactions: Midnight09

nekr0m

Oct 8, 2018
I... What?

First and foremost, those screenshots do not entice me in any way, shape, or form to download the game or even play the game for that matter. Second, seeing how you've reacted to most of the posts outside of what? Three posts? With thinnly veiled hostility (Granted one is warranted.)

I get you want to draw in some people, but this isn't the way to do it. You aren't magically going to bring in a big crowd of people if the presentation of your game looks like something I would've made in high school for Comp Sci minus the erotic content. I would agree with you on the "Make a game by yourself" comment if I didn't see things like Night of Revenge or Anthophobia, both of which were coded, had their sprite work, and their game mechanics done by one person. In the case of Night of Revenge, D-lis did the game fully alone, Anthophobia up until I think it was full release was done solely by Sourjelly before he hired an artist to redo his gameover pictures.
That's what we're talking about! You are not even going to look, but with joy you dump a mountain of slops and are offended that they do not bow to you for this "happiness" at your feet! Brilliant! A real troll and a hater! I have a good reaction to advice and criticism, but not so much to insults.
Regarding drawing and coding by one person -
I HAVE NO TALENT FOR DRAWING! Well, that's it! Should I sit in a corner and cry now? Naturally not! Respect for those who can do everything at once, I have other talents.
1. The game here is free, without money, so I see no reason to DEMAND super cool graphics (there will be an artist - I will update the pictures).
2. The game was originally posted with the main goal of finding an artist, there were several posts (for some reason you only read negative posts).
Here are examples of my drawings... would this be better?

D.K

Nov 3, 2017
That's what we're talking about! You are not even going to look, but with joy you dump a mountain of slops and are offended that they do not bow to you for this "happiness" at your feet! Brilliant! A real troll and a hater! I have a good reaction to advice and criticism, but not so much to insults.
Regarding drawing and coding by one person -
I HAVE NO TALENT FOR DRAWING! Well, that's it! Should I sit in a corner and cry now? Naturally not! Respect for those who can do everything at once, I have other talents.
1. The game here is free, without money, so I see no reason to DEMAND super cool graphics (there will be an artist - I will update the pictures).
2. The game was originally posted with the main goal of finding an artist, there were several posts (for some reason you only read negative posts).
Here are examples of my drawings... would this be better?
There is ONE post that was amicable to you, and one other that told you your wrong doings and told you to not use the excuse of not being "art-inclined".

So, lets go back to your points. I'm dignifying this with a response even after you've insulted me for no other reason than asking what you planned to accomplish by being a jerk and then marking down anyone that doesn't give you positive criticism to being a troll and a hater. I can start insulting you if that's what you want me to do since I'm apparently a troll and a hater.

1. As Winterfire said, not having the talent for drawing does not mean it's a catch-all excuse to lambaste people for saying that your game isn't appealing to play or look at. There are plenty of other game engines and programs that are suited for text based gameplay. Hell... Even RPGM gives you way more options to use prebaked backgrounds for your game, and NPCs, enemies, you name it.

2. How do you plan on getting an artist without any money? I'm sure there are some out there that would do it for a charitable cause, I know for RPGM stuff there's a whole forum dedicated to that kind of stuff, Unity also has it's asset store where you can find a vast amount of free assets to use. But if you're wanting custom from scratch assets to be made? For a whole game? You're going to be paying quite a bit for that.

Now, this is the last time I am going to be polite, if you come back at me with some snide and rude remarks about how I am a troll and a hater, I'm not going to be so pleasant in demeanour towards you, but I feel like I am expecting too much from someone who gets hostile from the onset at almost every single person on the thread except for like two or three people.