Unity - Completed - Durak NTR: The Fool Who Lost His GF in a Card Game + DLC [Final] [N/A]

1. 1.00 star(s)

WhiteFireDaemon

This game is pretty terrible. The four girls basically all have the same story, just different looks. There's no sex, only a handful of pictures of the girl losing clothes until she's down to her panties that don't come off.

The worst part is that the whole thing is painfully slow. It has basically no menu and all the text appears with the slow typewriter effect that can't be sped up or skipped. Thankfully there's a patch to make the text instant, but even then it's not worth it for a final half naked single pic of the chosen girl. Save yourself the time and move on to better games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Magent

bad grades are probably from people that don;t know how to play this game. I don't either but it only makes it more fun ^^ You have 4 girls so I like to pretend that the antagonist steals one after another, overall good game
  3. 3.00 star(s)

lucyhihi

I feel obliged to leave a review for this game, because ultimately i enjoyed it and wanted to point out why.

I didn't mind this. Yes it is very short and has issues such as not being able to skip text, but i still enjoyed it and played through the 4 different girls routes.

Card games in hentai games are underrated and underutilized, having games with a bit of luck and skill involved makes it much more interesting, and losing feels much more natural compared to shitty rpg maker combat.

The overall concept is good, i enjoyed finding out about the 4 different girls secrets and personalities. If this concept was expanded upon and had more overall content and some QOL fixes to allow text skipping, and some basic menu options it could be really good.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Man_In_A_Robe

The game is OK. It's not a masterpiece, but it has decent art and overall funny to play. It has some mechanical issues but 100% does not deserve such low ratings you guys gave it.

Pros:
    Cool card game gameplay without shady mechanics or odds manipulations from the game.
    Cool art and 4 different girls to see.

Cons:
    There is no ability to skip or save in the game, also text scrolls itself in dialogues, so if you have a low reading speed you might miss something.
    Same goes for pictures, you can't just stop and watch them as much as you like to, game gives you small amount of time to look onto them, which is a pity.

Overall I'd give this game 3.5 mark, but the rating below are just unfair, it's clearly one of the first games of this developer, and it's already pretty good, although it needs polishing. That's why I'm giving it a solid 4. Hope the developer will learn on his mistakes and makes next game even better.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

svmifition

Unless you are hardcore into a text-based NTR humiliation there's nothing else to this game. There's barely any CG and it's AI generated as well.. Even then until you get to that one CG you have to wait for the slowest un-skippable text.
    So to summarize, this game is for people who enjoy text-based NTR humiliation, paired with an absolute chore of a game mechanic and a torture of a text story system.
    You are really better of just googling photos, you will get much better content and entertainment from that.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

twilightstarastarte

Scroll speed is painfully slow. No clear controls / settings (if they exist). Gameplay is slow, and I hate the card game itself, both because I have no idea how it works even after a dozen hands and "here's extra rules just for the player" irks me. When I got tired of trying to actually play I just hit every card once to see if there was a valid move, then passed. Even then it took minutes of mashing cards on screen to progress only to hit the slowest of dialogue choices.

To improve the game: speed it up, all of it. The dialogue should be skippable or control how fast it moves. The games should be sped up too, and having visual indicators to indicate what's a valid card would be terrific. Even better if someone can explain some sort of strategy to the game.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Shigurekt

Low effort game (don't know if there is any)
    The no way to speed up the game
    No let it run in the back ground to distract yourself from the unskipable, un speedup-able beginning section
    No menu
    The fact that making the game able to work normally on all resolution is not in the priority list
    Cute effort to beg people to go to steam and buy that 3$ dlc
    Overall : go to rule34 and the AI art there is better, many more and not begging you to spend 3$ by insulting you, also don't auto close it self and open up a txt file that make you nuke your PC for safety reason
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

There is a decent concept here. simple though it is. Durak itself seems pretty fun, its nearly identical to Euchre, a game I am very familiar with and my favorite card game. Which gave me a fair edge in the gameplay side of things, which is perfectly serviceable for what it is and aims to be.

Even the art is fine. Unlike the general consensus, I actually don't mind AI art. I would even go so far as to say its some of the best I've seen. If only it gave itself to any greater purpose...

Every other thing about the game is just abjectly bad. Said art is incredibly limited, and never any sexier than just a mostly nude standing portrait. The "story", if you can even call it that, is little more than a premise. Your girl is already a slut behind the scenes and doesn't like you, there is no corruption progression, and these reviews, 5 at the time of writing, make up more text than the game has in its entirety. Nothing manages to land.

But you'll still take far longer then it should to get through, as there is absolutely no control during the narrative part of the game. The game proceeds, slowly, methodically, and automatically. You can not speed it up, or slow it down. You can't even tab out and do something marginally more useful as the game freezes when the window isn't in focus.

I set my bar low for games, but this failed to meet even that. Its a failure at every meaningful level, and I would love to have a talk with the dev as to the thought process that went into this abomination.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Thackerweil

Why 2 stars? "Durak" was my favorite game in childhood, and the dev made a computer opponent... not as bad as it could have been. So, it was nice to play this game again after that many years.

But if we look at it as an adult game, even one star for this game would be too much.

• No main menu. You can't change the text speed (and it's damn slow). I won't even mention the screen resolution and other things.
    • When you beat the game, you lose anyway, nobody likes you (those who have played will understand what I mean), and the game unexpectedly CLOSES itself, giving you no choice or ending.
    • Different types of characters - it's just ridiculous. In the kindergarden children write essays on "how I spent my summer" much longer and more meaningful than "your" girl talks to you here. Seriously, 70% of the text in this game is the villain at the beginning explaining the rules.
    • Art - I have nothing against AI, but there's just no content here. The whole game is 3 pictures: background, villain's portrait, and the girl's portrait. That is ALL. Yes, maybe there are some other scenes, but even talking about them is simply shameful.
    Sometimes I wonder who makes such games and what's going on in their heads?..
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Lupiscanis

No menu or options available and the text scrolls very slowly.

Each of the girl has a unique character to them, but they all essentially hate the player.

I didn't managed to win more than a couple of games against the computer, so I have no idea what the 'good' outcomes are if there are any. The bad outcomes are obviously the focus of the game though and there's plenty of text based emotional NTR play, if that's your kind of thing. Very little in the way of graphics, just some AI CG with things like bodywriting.

Very disappointing, do not recommend.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Harem Route

Literally unplayable for one simple reason. This game has NO MENU. Which means that from the moment you launch the game, you are stuck with a horrible typing sound in your ears that you can not make any more quiet, as well as a crawl of a text that you can not make go faster or skip by any means.

This alone makes this "game" an atrocity and a crime against humanity.

Aaaand then there's AI generated art. Some people may be fine with it, but for me it mostly just ruins the already miserable experience, making it not worth the time you'll waste waiting for the text to finally finish.

Hard pass.