VN - Ren'Py - Early Life Crisis [v0.4] [Noegrets]

1. 2.00 star(s)

The Wicked One

I will give you this, Noegrets, you got some balls to try and recapture the what makes Midlife Crisis so good, and I do admire that you did capture SOME of the personality traits that make these characters so endearing.... however; your fan-tribute to one of this sites most beloved games is still very lackluster.
    The model for Christine and Sarah are almost spot on, but, the model for Steve (the original MC) is WAY off. It looks like he is melting in some of the images.
    The story is very, very meh, with a lot of the dialogue feeling like "catch up" and over expository. I get it, not everyone who play this game is going to know what the original is, but a ton of the dialog feels forced and unnatural.
    I never thought I would get bored playing through a sex scene in a vn, ever, but I was bored playing through yours.
    The cherry on the sundae, after Christine gives Steve a bj, the game ran into a script-error.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for this Game:
    Pros:
    + Renderings are Nice
    + fast Pace of Story
    + Great Fan Remake

-Cons:
    -not many characters

Nice Graphics just like the Original, and a worthy fan remake follow-up of a Great game.
    The characters are just like the Original, but only have the daughter and friend with the father at this time.
    Will hopefully get to see the rest of the family soon, and then will give a new rating of the Game, but what I have seen so far, I must say this Game can be a great continuation of an abandoned original.

Love it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JokEman12341

Pleasantly surprised about this one, I was extremely disappointed when the original one was abandoned. So seeing this "Fan" version made me hopeful but a bit unsure of what to expect. However, it surpassed my expectations: nice renders, the same characters, and even their personalities are pretty similar to the original. I personally did not mind seeing the different POV but I understand if that's an issue for most, this can be easily fixed in the upcoming chapters. My main concern is that, being a prequel, this game might eventually face the same fate as the original. Other than that, really enjoyed seeing this game somewhat back.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Asheath

Honestly, I only checked this out because of the original game but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, for a first version the amount of effort that went into this is insane, especially considering people don't usually take kindly to fan-made games.

This has more renders than some other games that are year in the making (1700+!), I wish I could rate it higher, but it just has few things that need polishing... Most of these issues are easily fixable since the bulk of the game like the characters and the backgrounds and the coding is done well.
    • It has no sounds at all
    • Almost no choices this plays like a kinetic novel, usually that's fine for a first release, scary part is how big this first release with no choices.
    • No first-person camera, the MC is supposed to be the daughter (Christine) but most of the time we see her in third person or from the guy's point of view...
    • Also somehow, we got to see things that happen behind her back, how?
    Overall, I hope 3/5 does not come off as harsh it doesn't mean the game is bad, just... average.