VN - Ren'Py - Earth Girls [v0.29] [Lydcreations]

1. 3.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for Earth Girls v0.29:

I had never heard of this game before yesterday, so I was surprised to see that the first release was 5 years ago. I was also surprised at the low number of reviews and thread posts after 5 years. Then I played the game and I understand. The game isn't bad, but compared to most other games, it's got more like 5 months worth of content instead of 5 years. I finished it from start to the end of v0.29 in about 30 minutes. There are 10 lewd scenes in the gallery, only 8 of them are unique, and 4 of them are disposable dreams/daydreams. The lewd scenes are all really short, too. I think the reason there's not much interest in the game is that there's almost no hope of it ever being completed.

Other than that, the renders and the user interface are straight out of 2017, the female models are pretty, and the story is intresting enough without being overly dramatic or fantastical. The background fading in/out for scenes was a nice effect, but it was way too loud.

I wish there was more game to do a proper review. I'm giving it an overall rating of 3 stars. I don't find a lot of faults in the game, but then again, I don't find a lot of anything in the game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

weretiger

The plot is on the first sight nice, but from my point of view too many girls were introduced in too short time. Nearly no romantic nor sexual content, this makes the game a bit boring. The game is so far also pretty short. I have the advice for the maker: lesser characters, better graphic, more and deeper relationships with the characters. This game is so far no enough fun, nor a fap game, nor anything else much but a endless flirt game... The game have anyway some potential. I am ready to try it some more time after more updates
  3. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

It's got it's moments but the renders are just so generic that it makes it difficult to call it even 3 stars. It's not that it's really bad it's just below average in comparison to the slew of options out there now, it's renders are just that notably generic, and for that 2 stars seems about right for where it's at.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2744688

LydCreations is a cool person, and this game is fun, so I recommend checking it out.

The characters are good looking and interesting. The plot is something completely original, and I didn't run into any bugs while playing. I enjoyed all the choices that you get to make and the sex scenes were pretty hot too.

Lyd is new at this, so the game is rough in a few spots, but overall it's a fun experience. Plus there's a talking dog. Bonus points for that.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

mdqp

Disclaimer: I know the dev and recently I even helped her with some basic testing/feedback, so I might be biased (I also enjoyed some of her previous games in the past).

I think the game has potential, although it's still missing polish, and if you aren't into this brand of humour and writing, then it's probably not a good experience (thankfully, you can check the free version for yourself, so there is nothing to lose here but a little of your time). List of pros and cons:

+ The premise is interesting. A parody of the harem genre which turns winning girls over into an actual competition (with the fate of the world hanging in the balance, aliens and more). It's not mean-spirited, so it's not taking the piss, it just pokes fun at the genre every now and then (maybe it should do it more often, actually);
    + There are quite a few characters to choose from (I almost felt like they should be introduced more gradually early on, and given more time each);
    + I think the protagonist's childhood friend is well-written, and the two characters play off each other nicely;
    + I like the humour with Martin (your "alien advisor") in particular (this might be subjective);
    + I like the overall writing style (definitely subjective);
    + So far she seem committed to improving the game. It changed quite a bit from version to version, and old things got re-worked for the best;

+/- The game's basic structure is that of a stat builder/VN mix (so if you don't like one or the other, the game probably has nothing on offer for you). It doesn't amaze but neither is a bad representative of these mechanics;
    +/- The protagonist's reactions feel subdued. Maybe that works if you want him to be more of an avatar, but I feel like he should be more shocked and reluctant more often (or maybe even allow players to select his reactions to give him the personality we want);
    +/- a single playthrough is fairly short at this point (that's partly expected early on in development);

- Sometimes, the game is abrupt in the way characters shift topics, locations and so on (the author is trying to improve on that, from what I have seen);
    - Lore and rules can be a bit confusing at times still. Feels like the aliens cheating should have a good explanation eventually, maybe some rule-lawyer-ing, and the "saber" might feel a mystery item even after using it a few times, to name a couple;
    - The game still has some placeholder stuff, and some of the icons/UI/fonts need work or to be swapped out with something more readable/nice looking in the future;
    - Some of the choices almost feel like noob traps (as in, you miss on something if you pick the other option, so there is no reason not to go with the first choice).

I enjoyed my time with it overall, but the game still has some obvious flaws. Thankfully, they seem easy to remedy, and I like the overall experience, so I decided to not deduct too many "points" from the final score for them.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Luckzor

The game has good renders and the story could be great but I can't understand it because the english is really bad. I had a pretty bad moment trying to figure it out what some conversations mean and I get bored in the process. I'm still learning english but this is imposible to understand even if is your first language. I can't recomend this game until the dev fix the translate that make it imposible to play.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

steve1228

Game does not match the description given. Satire completely missing. No game features actually implemented yet, but states that it is version 0.11 of the game. The game only has one other review and it is somehow 5 stars even though there is nothing to judge it on. The renders in the game are ok, not the worst I've ever seen but nowhere near the best. On top of all of this the writing is very clearly run through google translate which makes it very complicated to understand.