• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Easy way to fix this towel?

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
EDIT: I changed to the Modern Tower for 8.1 instead of this mess. I don't know why I tried to use it in the first place.

This towel is flipped open at an odd angle and I don't see any sliders to fix it.
Towel Error 1.jpg Towel Error 2.jpg
Being a noob I looked for a 'joint editor' way to fix it but clearly that was wrong. lol
I clicked on the Geometry editor but it seems too complex; but I'm guessing that is the way to fix it but I don't know how.
Could someone tell me how to fix this and if it is complicated could you point me to a tutorial or something?
It might be because I'm trying to put on a Gen 3 towel on a Gen 8.1 model. When I put the Male towel (G3) on the G8.1 it worked fine but the female didn't.
The Towel
If the towel is the issue could someone recommend a good towel for G8.1 Female?
Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
There's also some poking through of her left arm and left thigh. These might be fixed adding a smoothing modifier to the towel with the character as the collision item. If that does not do the trick, for those issues.

I think that Mesh Grabber can help you fix the flipped part of the towel. It's a very popular plugin for Daz Studio. It also has a couple of add-ons for extended capabilities. Here you have one of them.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
(...)Being a noob(...)
If you have no experience do not choose this kind of cloth. Every loose clothes are difficult. Before dforce there were no skirts which looks ok (except very short mini skirts). Most G3F skirts/dresses converted to G8 have problem with weird triangle in pubic area, caused by different legs pose. There is some tool which help a little but do not remember name... "triangle remover" or sth.
You can try fix your towel with dforce, but this one (and most G3 clothes are made before dforce was introduced). You can apply dynamic surface to towel geometry, but results can be weird. You should try to play with dforce bodyfit dress and later try to use something irregular, multilayered clothes.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This towel is flipped open at an odd angle and I don't see any sliders to fix it.
View attachment 3597317 View attachment 3597318
Being a noob I looked for a 'joint editor' way to fix it but clearly that was wrong. lol
I clicked on the Geometry editor but it seems too complex; but I'm guessing that is the way to fix it but I don't know how.
Could someone tell me how to fix this and if it is complicated could you point me to a tutorial or something?
It might be because I'm trying to put on a Gen 3 towel on a Gen 8.1 model. When I put the Male towel (G3) on the G8.1 it worked fine but the female didn't.
The Towel
If the towel is the issue could someone recommend a good towel for G8.1 Female?
Thanks for any assistance.
G3?
Mm.. i think you probably can use a G8 and convert it down.
Try the Jacuzzi Towel. Works really great on 8 of course. Or SY-Dforce Towel.
Is there a reason why you using G3 clothing for G8.1?
You definitely want to use Fit Control to use all options to make it look good on the figure.