Ren'Py - Echoes: Cards of Destiny [v0.2.6] [Deviant Dreams]

1. 5.00 star(s)

eien

Easily the best A.I art game in the site atm, real good use of it. Great scenes imo decent enough gameplay, amount of content enough fo 8-10 hours or so

It s also not really grindy, besides at the very end of the content if you want to do a optional 2000 gold side quest
  2. 5.00 star(s)

egokrat

The card game is Triple Triad introduced back in 1999 by Final Fantasy 8. Nothing much to say about it, it has been popular and works well in this game.
    The AI art here is incredibly well done, among the best I have ever seen. The writing is verbose though could use some proof reading now and then.
    I wish the plot would not suddenly fast forward as there are a lot of town encounters you can miss and a gallery with unlocked cards/encounters would really be nice.
    All in all this is really great already and I am hoping for a lot more still!
  3. 2.00 star(s)

rb813

The art looks good, but there's a whole lot of reading to do before it gets to the good parts, which are pretty hard to find in my experience. The card game itself is nothing new, I've seen the exact same gameplay as far back as Milf's Control, a game by Icstor (the dev now famous for Milfy City) made back in 2016. (EDIT: The review above mine clarified that it goes all the way back to 1999, so I guess I was giving it too much credit for even being that recent.) In my personal opinion, it's not a particularly strategic game. You win by either getting lucky or getting better cards than your opponent. The second time I got lucky, battling one of the duelists in the Courtesan's Palace, I thought I was gonna unlock a sex scene (you know, typically the whole point of a sexy game), and then I read a message about how this courtesan was rubbing her own cock.

Okay, look, if you want to have futa characters in your game, you have fun with that. I'm not here to say that anyone's kink is wrong or shouldn't be in a game. All I ask is that you give people some warning first, or the option to turn that off.

It's a shame, I really don't want to give this a low rating because I really like the art. But other than the sex scene after the first post-tutorial battle that I won, there wasn't really anything sexy about it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Hungrybunny

One of the best card games I have had the pelasure to play on the site. I really like the mix of strategic gameplay and tempo of H scenes rewarded. The devs implementation of AI is fantastic as well, with a clever trick to make the static images have some energy to them.
    The card game itself does have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get an understanding of how to play, wins can be had with relative ease.

I wish there was a bit more utility to the cards, after you have unlocked some of the better ones, there is no reason to really switch up your deck.

Overall very impressed, and am excited to see the development of this game continue, and get even better.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

XLIDAR

Overall pretty solid. I do like the art.

Cons:
    No animations in sex scenes
    Can't scroll back on dialogue (Probably to prevent card cheating).
    The sex scenes have cut-overs which don't usually line up perfectly. The art in them individually is good, but I'm not sure I love it as a whole. At least, sometimes I just want to look at the base image, and it can be hard for me to find the opportunity to do so.
    I keep getting damned draws at the beginning learning the game.
    You have to manually check higher tiers of cards in the sorter. There should be a "Show all sorted by tier" option so I don't go "Oh, I had a gold card this whole time?" after two fights.
    I feel like I might have missed some content because of story developments changing the situation. I could be wrong.

Pros:
    Lots of art
    Animations outside of sex scenes. Obviously AI, but honestly kinda solid.
    Card game isn't annoying. Especially as you get better cards. Win pretty often once I got better ones.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

badass

I like it.. Images quality is awesome, attractive girls, interesting combat and card collecting system, good writing. I don't have problem with the AI CG so far.. Promising future for this game..

It just need more free roam mode to get all the scenes without day limitation, and probably some way to check our card collections?
  7. 5.00 star(s)

stanlyyyq

regular updates + responsiveness of the author + quality + interesting combat system + variability

I am very glad that I came across this game. to be honest, at first it seemed a little boring to me, but the quality of the art impressed me. I decided to try to play a little bit, and after I understood how the combat system works, I was drawn into the game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kerzenig

Great artwork. I didnt feel the weird feeling of looking at AI imagery too badly. The Triple triad portion is maybe 7/10 for fun. Wish you could freeplay more, but the dev has said they are changing that to allow more freeplay.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.2.2

if you played final fantasy 8 then this will be an easy puzzle game.

art is computer generated (AI questionable as it takes more than a bunch of algorithms to make an AI. self awareness for 1. VI created? possibly....yes i too played mass effect ;) ) which means a whole bunch of images with extra ears, weird fingers etc etc. we all have come to know very quickly how odd it can be. personal taste is whether it tickles your fancy or not, but there seems to be very little variation.

the writing is very good. one or two errors but not uncomfortably so and it is delivering a decent enough plot.

grind is involved. not everyone's cup of tea but in my short playtime through to the cut-off, it was not looking like over-grind. dev clearly wants us players to enjoy the game rather than turn us away, so that's a plus.

though i am not a fan of pc created art i will still recommend this as one to watch, as i do like the card game and the story is short but looking promising.

are magic 8 balls AI too? they seem to have an answer.... :rolleyes:
  10. 5.00 star(s)

daphnefan

As far as games on a 1st/2nd version go, this one is pretty fantastic. The card game is neat and has some basic strategy, and as far as AI art goes, this is pretty good!

Pros
    - Cool idea for an area control type card game.
    - Fun characters with different personalities.
    - Different body types, something for everyone.

Cons
    - AI art needs some cleaning up, lots of 6th fingers and weird teeth/lips.
    - Card game is a cool idea, but progression is still limited to getting cards with bigger numbers on them.
    - game can be buggy.

What I would like to see
    - More art! (Especially Anya)
    - Cards that have effects as opposed to normal numbers
    - More story for all of the characters
    - More characters! Anya has the best physique imo, more like her would rule. . . or even bigger.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

exfactor909

Now this is the type of game i've been looking for. Card Battling and Collecting. Story is nice so far, but what gets you and captures you right away is the artwork of the whole game. From the Village to of course the beautiful girls. Card game is pretty easy if you are good with strategizing. I can't wait to see what else is in store for this. Keep up the amazing job.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

ItaJobW

A good AI game.
    The card gameplay is fun, but classic, don't expect something new.
    The model and the scene are good, even if sometimes it's still a bit weird (Like the lips and tongue merging with each other).

The UI, background and navigation are really nice.

I'm not putting 5 stars because a thing made me upset: Why making an end after 3 days? Why I can't roam around to explore what I missed after the three first days?
    You need to replay from the start and it's really boring, even more when your game is about collecting cards, you lose them when you restart!
    In the next version you should put a sandbox mode to explore around. Also, I have no idea if I finished the content or not. I may suspect a few scenes are locked with the Patreon code, but I have no idea if I missed a thing.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Well for now there really isent enough content to make a decent review so ill leave it at 3 stars for and revisit this later.

The intro looks damn nice and shows what game could have been if it was animated, AI generated art but man those girls looks extreemly good and hot.

It is a sandbox game no question about that, explore the town and the world, beat oppenents in a card game to improve your own cards, work to gain money or explore areas to find things to trade, all for the goal of getting better cards.

It has pretty good potential even without being animated but card building needs improvements and you need to be able to sell cards which i dont think is in game yet, also needs a way to organize cards by ranks and so on, but i am sure that will come at some point, since it would be a mess if it dident.

Music is pretty good as well.

This will proberly end out as a 4 star game once there is alot more content but without animations it scouldent be able to reach 5 in my eyes, but maybe it will supprise me, time will tell.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Spettet

Tested out version 0.1.8 of the game. Not a whole lot of content yet, but 3-4 sex scenes and quite a bit of story.

Art is AI generated. Mostly looks great to me. Due to the AI nature, there's a lot of details, and the overall impression is awesome. There are some artifacts here and there showing you it is AI, and a few in important regions, but all in all, the graphics are high quality. Not sure how much time it takes to generate one of these images, but hopefully far less than drawing them, so it should be quicker to add more content. See screenshots to see for yourself.

The game looks like a visual novel but it seems to have some sandbox properties in the deck building.

There's a card came which is used for combat, where for now you practice and are rewarded with sex scenes when you win.

There's sounds, but I have sadly had to play muted so can't comment on those parts.

Game has potential, though while sexy, not very fappable yet ;)
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Goctionni

This game surprised me. Most games using exclusively AI generated images are extremely low quality and are just a linear image display. This game seems to actually have some meat on it, the intro is impressive, the cardgame is nothing special but good enough; but then there's also some actual story and exploration. It's too early to say whether the story will be good, but so far I find it promising.

Things could be better. The card game could be polished a bit; and there being no game-loss scenes is disappointing. With that said, much better than expected.