RPGM - Completed - Eden Crest [v1] [Olympus]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Xig320

sorry to be harsh with this one but i can't bring myself to finish this game.

i've played for 4 hours, and beat the 2 first arena, as the art is really good, well above most games out there, but that's it.

First there are no NPCs that say something remotely useful or interesting to the story, 4 empty cities with 1 shop and 1 arena each, the map is hard to navigate around.

Map is empty in itself, except for thoses hidden dungeons with 5 chest each, 1 room, 7 encounters in it.
    the story starts ok-ish, "go in each cities to beat the boss and get their medals", then no more dialogue that could build a story.

and finally, the grind/battle system.
    the battle in itself is quite slow, counting animations + delay between actions is really boring but i've never seen a grind that unfun in any recent game.
    The gameplay loop (if we can call it gameplay) is to grind for no reason except to make the game longer artificially.
    There is some kind of rock-paper-scissors going on with elements (fire beat plant beat water), but then you add electricity that beat water too.?.?, then it introduce you the "level 1 grind each time you get another bot":

So if you change area, and you need water type bot to fight against fire, you need to go to level 1 everytime you get a new one, and if you need to fight even higher bots, and you don't have a current good bot, then you need to once again buy a bot, level 1, and farm up to your choosen level.
    I've played with a speedhack x3 and spammed enter while watching videos for 25 minutes, only to be able to go to the fire city.

The dev mentionned play testing the game to read proof it, remove bugs and balance it out, i've not seen any bug or grammatical errors, but if the gameplay that we have here was the desired one, oh boy.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Viixby

The artwork is unbelievably great! The scenes? Pretty enticing as well.
    Problem? Grind is painful.
    This amount of grind would be okay IF there were more lewd scenes within the grind.
    Simply put, the length of the game, does not match the amount of content. Leading to disappointment/unsatisfactory gameplay.
    This is coming from someone who normally enjoys grindy games.
    The grind being long isn't just the only problem, it's that the grind is very stale.
    Seems as though most of the reviews have hit it right on the dot.
    With this being said, I will say that updates could entirely change this review and I'll keep an eye out for the changelog here to see if it deserves another review.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

VioletPheasant

i played for 1 hr before cheating and adding myself gold and upping character stats. the game is unplayable without cheats. you will grind same few enemies 20 hrs minimum and the result isnt even worth it.
    no animations. very boring scenes. dead world. npc copy pasted. just watch the images as .PNG if you like hentai boobs. this would be better as a novel without the gameplay. 100% the developer himself has not played this start to finish. just terrible.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

RoseWulfLea

Honestly the side project thing is what's saving this from a harsher opinion in my case. The combat is grind filled, boring and repetitive, so it doesn't shine on that. The girls are attractive looking, so there is a bonus to that. Little to no scenes so neg on that.

Honestly what I'd do if this where my project is I'd add more scenes for each girl in the house/more interactivity. Such as a touching interaction that doesn't require a ticket (rub breast/butt/crotch), kissing, some basic sex scenes (at least one foreplay scene [such as boobjob/blowjob for example] and at least one penetration scene), and perhaps a nude costume for the girls just cause I like that. The groping wouldn't really need any new assets, can just use the existing ones with the hands (the crotch grope would be the only one needing editing to add the hand there).

Honestly, I was judging whether or not I'd try your other two games that look like they have more focus on reverse rape/bad end sex from this game (I don't fancy those type of games as sex scenes are better as win conditions/rewards then punishments) as this game has a concept I like personally. Granted this whole post has been my opinion so either you found it helpful or you didn't. As a fellow creator I wish you the best with your development and hope your next game gets better reception.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

30ish girls in the game, thick with mega boobs. If that's your thing, yay.

World is very empty. You have some land places with evenly spread cloned mobs walking around that you can grind.
    Some chests with hp & mana pots are spread across, mostly on the edges and corners.
    Traversing the world is very monotone and boring, low effort here.

Combat is very simplistic RPG maker combat, either attack for low damage or spend the limited mana/tp for spells which generally do more damage.
    Enemies have infinite mana, this can lead to being stuck in an infinite loop of damaging them, and they healing themselves - nonstop loop that I ran into multiple times.
    A very easy solution would have been to not give enemies literally infinite mana..

Story is very light, old world nuked themselves, robots saved some humans on new planet, some robots got evil, go fight evil robots.
    Dialogue is mediocre. Since the girls are all quanity over quality, there aren't much interactions with any of them.

The game is very grindy, you have to kill the same mobs over and over again to level up robots and get some cash.
    The flow felt really bad due to this, since there is no natural quests or natural exploration accompanied with combat as incidental side-effect. Instead it's forced grind in order to force grind, with no enjoyable side content between.

The art is competent, even though I heavily dislike these monotone bodytypes. Everything else is just low effort, empty and boring.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

neithernor

The idea is brilliant, basicly pokemon with waifus
    so why 2 stars?

the main reason is THE GRIND and a lot of it, for no decent reason.
    on top of that the text and battle animation are very slow making the grind more annoying.

Waifus themselves are hot but there are very few scenes for each and they fail to represent their charm points, usually I wont pay attention to this but considering the game has an info page and a short intro for each waifu highlighting the charm points I found it disappointing that there isn't much focus on them.