VN - Ren'Py - Elder's Runes [Ch.1] [Elders Runes]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Kezza329

models are terrible, no animations, and the positions are just janky, whoever wrote the dialogue must be an alien, as its almost like theyre trying to poorly imitate what a human sounds like during sex..

by fucking god its aweful. like a 20 minute game basically.

the idea of bisexual gameplay with alsorts of creatures is cool, but this is just such a poorly designed game
  2. 1.00 star(s)

S1nsational

Not even the allure of a bisexual male MC is enough to overcome the absolutely terrible writing.

MC looking so incredibly feminine, wouldn't bother me so much if everything else were much better, but as it stands it feels like game was originally going to star a girl MC and was changed at the last second.

Next to nothing feels realistic or grounded in anything whatsoever. How did an orphan from nothing get enough money to start a mechanic garage? The rent alone would be crazy, let alone everything else needed to run such a business. The "gang" despite being described as being an actual gang who run drugs etc, looks and feels like a bunch of friends in their late teens and early twenties playing at being in a gang.

Didn't like how there was no choice in whether to smoke or not, and continuing from that calling MC "incredibly drugged" rather than incredibly high is moronic. It could be excused as a language barrier thing, but the entire game is badly written in such a way that it can't be a language thing.

The first sex scene with the guy in the ally feels very rushed, and while I could excuse the two guys getting completely naked from the waist down, for ease of rendering etc, there's no world where they'd get take their tops off too. The weird positions make the scene feel like parody. The going Ass To Mouth, a terrible thing to do in general, is not something anyone would do with a random stranger in an ally.

Calling everyone "babe" repeatedly is super annoying. If feels like it's trying to do a lot of the heavy lifting in giving MC a personality.

MC being able to recognize a bar in any world is laughable, looks aside their behavior reads as that of a child.

Getting explicitly talked to by a alien stranger getting called "inappropriate" is so stupid, when it's coming from a supposed gang member who runs drugs among other illegal acts.

Which reminds me, being a supportive friend and them talking about trust and feelings and evidence with their gang friend who thinks they're being cheated on is incredibly unbelievable and equally jarring.

It's a shame I can't rate this as lower that 1 star, but if I could the only reason it'd still get 1 start is for having bisexual male MC.