VN - Ren'Py - Eldritch Highschool [v0.1] [Drakenn]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JelF547

This game starts just amazing. Character design is peak and Plot is promising. This game las relatively low renders to text ratio, but I am here to read after all, so it is not a big deal.

Can't wait for new update (which is gonna be soon)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

EstrangeNS

Ever wonder what LiL(or SO) would be like if you replaced all of the girls with cringe-shounen stereotypes? Well, this game answers that, and it is bad.

There's not a lot to say about this game because there's not a lot there. You get lore dumped, a few lewd scenes, and it ends. I will admit, I started skipping after the gym scene.

The game consists of one 2-minute song unseemlessly looped over and over until you go mad.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

hornydrifter

There's nothing particularly....wrong with Eldritch Highschool. The premise is okay, if not a bit cliche, and the dialogue and characterizations are well-structured and entertaining....no, the problem really lies with the MC himself.

As a VN with no diverting paths or choices, you're at the mercy of the plot, and unfortunately for this plot the main character is a pretty pathetic pushover. And yes, I get it, there's a plot point there that I'm sure will open up in later updates, but at the start? You're at the whim of the MC and a cast of very, very annoying female characters.

I have no problem with their designs, I actually prefer these models over most, but the girls are all so confrontational and sarcastically aggressive ( or just plain irritating ) that it's a chore to have to sit on auto-pilot and watch them step all over you via the MC.

Regardless, again, this isn't a BAD game in any way, it's just not a particularly good one either. There's also no lewd content yet apart from a few flashes of boob, so really it's just a cuck simulator.

Hopefully it gets better as it goes on.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

gregarwolf

Super interesting idea for a story, finding an impostor among the students is a genuinely good twist on the usual Koikatsu high school games. Unique designs and fun personalities for all the characters are a big plus too, it's super easy to visually tell the characters apart, and they all seem very distinct from each other. My only gripe is that the MC is pretty lame, it feels like he is super whiny and constantly moaning his lack of authority, but I feel that with a skilled enough writer, that character flaw will pay off in the future. All in all, a great first showing, and I'm excited to see where the story goes!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1

I stopped before reaching end of content simply because the protagonist is so insufferable to me that I just couldn't keep going. I have problems connecting with MC's a lot with visual novels in general, but this one was horrid in a way I see very rarely.

He's the very definition of the over-the-top anime protagonist that I actually despise. Constantly over reacting to every little thing that happens, extremely obnoxious, cringe humor, and he's a bit of an asshole to some of the students for no real reason? I think the excuse is that since he was involved in some sort of tragic incident his coping method is to start acting like tool all of the time.

The way the intro goes, I was expecting him to be a bit more competent and perhaps serious for lack of a better word? Considering he's on the lookout for things that could end his life in an instant. Even when he does act more serious, he sounds like an upset child rather than what you'd expect from a guy who works for a secret anomaly hunting organization. He's very hard to like.

The rest of the game I'm pretty neutral about. It's rather Koikatsu schoolgirl standard so far despite the name. Schoolgirls with blends of quirky personalities. I will say I dislike that it's info dumping me about 14 different characters as soon as I meet them. I'm simply not going to remember all that information blasted at me at once, nor do I care to so early on. I wish it played into the horror/mystery elements more than it does in the bit I played.

Only other complaint is that having a single music track play on repeat the whole time made me want to bash my head into a wall after awhile, so I turned off music.

Despite all the negatives, I actually really want to like the game honestly. I think the premise is cool, and trying to hunt down these anomalies is interesting enough to keep me invested. But I don't think I can get past the MC unless some sort of drastic personality change happens down the line I suppose. Only the first version so take this review with a grain of salt. If you don't have the same problem I did you'll probably enjoy this more.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Seturualogo

Interesting story idea, the characters are very diverse and well-written. You do not start fucking all the girls right away but actually build a relationship. And the renders have a high quality for the anime style. Interested to see where this one will go. And Ena is one of my favorite characters XD nice one.