VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Elena's Life Ren'Py Unofficial Remake [v0.33] [Phalzyr]

1. 4.00 star(s)

wildthing6

If you search for a hot girl that increase her corruption, this game is for you. Is not slow corruption and she have an insane amount of scene, even for an abandoned game. Is not realistic, so dont have much expectation in that way, but she can tease you all around strange situation.

As graphic and animation this game suffer a lot, was created too much time ago. But in the end if you like NTR games, this is one you must try. With a remaster this game should be at least 4,5 star.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Elena's Life Ren'Py Unofficial Remake [v0.33]

I played the original years ago and always hated the RPGM Engine, because it felt like a clicker when you always had to click to go from A to B, which made the gameplay feel really tedious.
    It´s always nice to see when people port RPGM games to renpy, because the RPGM gameplay in most of these games feels like needless filler, and having that removed, plus having simple renpy features like the skip option, is a much better experience.
    So lets get to the point of why I can give this game only 2*. I´m not a NTR fan but I still can look past it. The biggest problem of the game is how bad it aged.
    The renders and character models are not terrible, but well below average. Even back in the day when you had games like DMD and all the other games who tried to look like it, it was below average.
    Another issue is that there are no animations at all, making the sex scenes look so robotic.
    Speaking of sex scenes or the content in general, because the sex scenes are pretty much the only content.
    There are lots of scenes, some good, some bad. The problem here is that it gets boring pretty quickly and it starts to feel like the same, except some exceptions that you rarely see in other games.
    There is not much of a story here to speak of. You just cheat left and right.
    Like I already said, there´s so much content and you have alternative endings, but the Dev of this version didn´t include all of them, leaving this version abandoned.
    If you really want to play the game, I would advise you to only play this version, because it will save you so much time.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Teye phoon

Don't mind the "Abandoned" tag, lots of content.

Nothing fancy on the story front, some nice setups (also some terrible ones)

-1 Star for the so called "animations", almost ruin the game, 1-3 repeated frames (if you're lucky) that don't mesh well most of the time and go on for way to long (even when clicking the mouse like a boss).

-1 Star for image quality. boring, empty and just ugly. Rooms are empty. Characters body language and expression never really line up with the text.

Ren'Py remake saves this from being bottom tear
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Arthas407

in my opinion one of the best corruption games out there.
    I like the oldschool avn vibe :geek:

The game starts really slow but after a few weeks it takes of and takes elena on an interesting journey. The renpy engine makes this more of a visual novel which i like. There are even sound effects and music in the game.

Would recommend if you like games like corrupting jennifer or katies corruption...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

anedwcan

Here, have five stars, because renpy conversions is the only way to play RPGM games, and getting to play Nickfifa's content is a treat.

This conversion is really nice: no bugs, reasonably minimal fuss, you don't need to save since you can start at any day, and it just works.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Zane11

For me this is so much better than the RPGM version where you have to play a pokemon-like sprite game until you can fap, so thanks to the dev for this remake!

Renders are a little above average, simply serviceable. The animations are not really animations, more like 2-3 images going back and forth. Elena is a beauty and clearly more attention was paid to her model than the other characters. The content is quite massive though, so that's certainly a plus.

I feel 3.5 stars would have been more accurate, but I put 4 respecting the dev's work to make this adaptation happen. If you like the kinks of corruption etc, it's a pretty good game to play.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Manifold

The fairly huge content of this game is finally accessible for those not ready to spend entire days walking a little sprite around a rpgm world, and get straight to the fapping. I don't know how anyone can possibly keep on playing the original rpgm version. Good job.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Terablock

Thanks! The conversion to RenPy is almost bugless and suits more this game than RPGM. The original game is almost linear and at the end the player spent most of the time running from point A to point B without any logical or gamewise reason. The conversion provides a more immediate and playable version of the game, eliminating all the unneeded crap.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

3r1z0

I am of two minds on this RenPy remake. I do not miss the obsession with elevator functions (among other RPGM timewasting) and ritualized crashes every fourth screen. I am not impressed with what appears to be enlarged thumbnails with blurry black borders dropped onto a photo background. I concur with the prior review that there is no delineation between scenes in this version, although there is an abundance of 'choose among one' interruptions to the narrative flow. Was this supposed to be an improvement, or merely swapping one set of annoyances for another?
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Mercedes

I played Elena's Life in RPGMaker and now tried it in Renpy.
    I can understand that a lot of people don't like the constant running around in RPGm, but the port to Renpy fails to delimit individual scenes more clearly, as was always indicated by a change of location.
    It's just a click for the next picture. The atmosphere is missing.

Thanks for trying, but I'll go back to RPGM.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Macinnes

This one looked decent until I played it. The graphics are bad and the writing is disturbing. I tried to keep an open mind when the lecherous headmaster hired our heroine. The same when the lecherous neighbor invited Elena and her family over for dinner. I still kept an open mind when the tailor pawed over our girl while fitting a new suit for her job at the school paid for by the headmaster. As the player you had no choice but to go along with everything in order to collect the "corruption points" that are the object of the game. This in spite of every ounce of common sense making you want to tell the twits to bugger off.

The final straw was the obnoxious step-son. His constant berating of our heroine and accusations leading to absurd blackmail was the final straw for me. I could not just ignore it and get on with the story. It was far too simplistic. IRL I would've told that little shit off and put him in his place. The fiance would've believed our girl or buggered off and she would've seen that he really wasn't "The One" for her if he cannot trust her to be faithful.

So in my opinion give this one a pass. There's probably a reason it was not finished. But good luck to the current developer attempting a port to Ren'Py.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MacDoobie

Phalzyr Rocks.

This remake makes all the difference in the world. EL original is a great game - but after a few hours of needless clicking and riding the elevator or watching the shower pic for the thousandth time you want to pull your fingernail out. Now the useless grind is gone.

The original renders are done justice to. And the ability to save when you want to, and to actually be able to skip easily back in the story in case you want to replay a scene is awesome.

5 stars and a new Patreon subscriber.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

InfamousAone

I love all of these Ren'Py remakes in general and thank you for doing all off them.This one like all others are made exeptionally well,without bugs and with the same quality of renders,you're a doing a great job on this one,keep it up.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

JonSnow4Life

Thank you for converting this game to a visual novel format, and at such a great pace!The original RPGM version of this game is such a bitch to play where players are forced to go from point A to B to C overall making the whole gameplay tedious and a chore to play. This visual novel version done by Phalzyr gets rid of all that unnecessary crap. Once again, thank you :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

randomized

Big thanks to Phalzyr's for this Ren'py remake of Elena's Life.

I particularly love the original game on RPGM, but like so many RPGM, replaying several times to see the outcome of different paths can be quite long and painful ( particularly in Elena's life taking the elevator).

All in all the remake works remarkly well and i thank Phalzyr's for this conversion while preserving the quality of the original content.