VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Elf Enchanter: Arousing Anima [v1.0] [Belgerum]

1. 4.00 star(s)

len00

Cute short game with voice acting, there is nothing to really say you're gonna be done in 30 minutes, I think voice acting should be more prevalent in western games so imma give it a 4/5 for the nice art also.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

2c47u5stw

Decent quality, but not enough content to be satisfying. The art is nice, but there's not a lot of it - mostly just variants of the same stills. Writing is passable, but not good enough to justify being so wordy. The plot contains some potentially interesting topics, but they're not explored in any depth. Similarly, the (few) sex scenes feature a variety of fetishes, but this mostly just makes them feel disjointed. Like ticking off a list of keywords. Gameplay-wise, there's practically no interaction; it's just a short story with three possible endings. Overall, decent production quality goes a long way to cover the flaws of a mediocre smut fic, but not enough for a recommendation.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

mrttao

+Fantastic art
    +Voice acted
    +The slimes are cute
    -Very short. 10 minutes from start to finish.
    -Can not change MC name
    -Your only choices are which of the 3 routes to take. There are no choices within a route.
    -I was offput by all 3 routes.

I feel like this game should have been much longer, with slower buildup and much better dialog. And should have given you some choices within the routes.

There are 3 scenes in the game.
    1st one always a boobjob. Slight dialog alteration based on route
    2nd one is always a horribly cringe one of the MC masturbating pathetically while peeping at the girl as she masturbates while calling out his name and describing her fantasy of having sex with him... but he is too cowardly to walk in on her.
    3rd one is actually 3 different scenes. You see a completely different scene based on your route: slave, cuck, and lover.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR Fantastic idea, fantastic art, too short, bad dialog, and time mismanagement (dev should really have spent less time on detailed slime combat and more time on fleshing out the routes).
  4. 4.00 star(s)

TheeSonus

For what it is, it's a good game.
    Fairly short, you can get it over and done with in about half an hour or so.
    The voice actress did good work, although it wasn't quite my cup of tea.
    The art and writing are both pretty good as well.
    This game gets a solid four stars from me, I just wish it was a little longer.

5. 4.00 star(s)

Trickstar

This is a short game but its pretty decent and the sex scenes are nice as well though I do wish it had more content and choices though. It's really nice for a short game though and I only wish it was larger because I really enjoyed it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Linkolek

Those who are famiiar with Belgerum works know what to expect: few choices deciding the ending, decent storyline, very good voice acting and art. ...As well as being a bit on the short side.
    Then again, I much prefer a short good game to a long and bad one.
    Lack of "crack the path" bossfight can be both a + or - depending on whatever you liked them, or thouht they were pointless padding.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

ariKira

My opinion about Elf Enchanter: Arousing Anima

Pros:
    - Pretty acceptable drawings
    - Female character is voice acted

Cons:
    - Short game with not much content
    - Not much of a "game" per se, choices are very basic/limited and there's not actual gameplay.

Rating: 3 out of 5. Average game.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

I'm not saying it's four stars relative to all other adult games, it's four stars specifically to what it is... a very short basically visual novel with only limited choices/endings. You play this if you have 15 minutes not if you want a few hours or depth.

For that though, it's got solid art with some limited voice acting, all the renpy features active like rewind, it's got a walkthrough available, and it has an in game scene gallery. Almost all the bases you could hope from a deliberately short game.

If it had about 25-35% more art on the better scenes (which wouldn't have been much), more angles on scenes etc, it might have even been 5 stars if you take it specifically for what it is, a very short, complete adult VN. As it is, 4 stars for being good at what it's trying to be.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Debtcat

Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to paste my review from steam and call it a day.

So, this game left me with a lot of mixed feelings overall and so I'm going to try and be fair to the consumers and developers and give the most honest review I can.

So, starting with the pros:

1. It's cheap. Not much you can buy for a dollar for over an hour of entertainment.
    2. I still enjoy the art from the artist of Belgerum's last two games.
    3. The voice acting for the "action" scenes is great and in English, a rarity for most VN's.
    4. The writing can be campy at times, but follows the established lore consistently.
    5. The developer(s) are friendly and quick to provide feedback when asked.

As for the cons:

1. It's short. About the same length as Demon King Domination but without the game play.
    2. Unlike Belgerum's last two games, this is a pure VN. There is no game play beyond making dialog choices.
    3. The male voice was cut from this game. Not a big deal for most, but it feels like a loss overall.
    4. Though the voice of Miriel is great during most parts, it feels a bit emotionless during standard dialog.

Overall I feel that the game is more than worth the price of admission, but I also feel this is the weakest of the three games released to date. I know the reasons why this game turned out the way it did, but cannot help but feel a little bitter about the end product.

My only hope is that going forward, Belgerum publishes more games that expand on the core ideas of Mage Buster and less on a standard visual novel setting. This game is fine if you like standard VNs, but I have come to expect more than that from Belgerum.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

V01

This game is worth playing.

It's short, but also tells a story and gets to the good stuff quickly. The text was entertaining to read, and the female's dialogue is completed voice acted.

The only negative is that you can complete everything in under 30 minutes.