Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
Why bother with the mc even being a slime? So far that framing mechanism has only been used to justify the terrible 'explaining things everyone knows' dialogue. Future updates may do more with it, but at this point, it seems pointless.

Additionally, what is and isn't logical as far as a magic sentient slime possessing a human body is concerned seems like a singularly silly argument.
Let's just settle on the fact that this is just an Isekai cliche.

About magic, if do not take into account any universes like Harry Potter or something like that. In the same D&D, you can be dumb as a cork, but be able to use magic

Reactions: Hentagram

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
I've also thought about the fact that the MC being a slime seems pointless so far. Could have just made him a random dude getting isekai'd and nothing would have changed. In anything, this only brings the question of what a freshly dead human body was doing there.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
I've also thought about the fact that the MC being a slime seems pointless so far. Could have just made him a random dude getting isekai'd and nothing would have changed. In anything, this only brings the question of what a freshly dead human body was doing there.
the slime has one significant plus, in relation to other races
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, in general, in my opinion, random slime is one of the best options in order not to prescribe too much background and motivation.

Well, in order not to raise this topic any more, it would be better to ask the developer JediVash
on this issue

Reactions: JediVash

JediVash

Jul 10, 2019
JediVash

two things:

1. You should ask for the dev tag.

2. Will this be actual harem? (i.e. MC is the only dick that fucks the girls). cause some games mislabel their sharing/polygamy etc. as harem, so thought i would ask to be sure.
Hello!

How would I go about doing nº1? For 2, I can't go definitive right now, but I think harem will keep being the relevant tag for a good amount of time.

Yeah, this game is amazing but it's going to take a super long time till it's worth playing. I can appreciate wanting to use newly drawn renders for everything but that will take a hell of a long time to get anywhere with only one artist.
For posts concerning this situation and others similar, it's quite a conscious decision. We're doing a different VN than the norm here, our interest is in showing key moments with art as much as we do it with words, much like a comic would do.

Why bother with the mc even being a slime? So far that framing mechanism has only been used to justify the terrible 'explaining things everyone knows' dialogue. Future updates may do more with it, but at this point, it seems pointless.

Additionally, what is and isn't logical as far as a magic sentient slime possessing a human body is concerned seems like a singularly silly argument.
There are two answers for this, one for plot, one for function.

Elfheim is a large and isolated continent, humans only ever stumble upon it from centuries to millennia apart, since this time around the human didn't actually manage to survive the usually wonderful Isekai experience, perhaps things had to cosmically shift a little to make it work. Our choice of a Slime MC also opens many doors to what he can do, and I see Bob already got some idea of what great potential lies before us.

As for the more mechanical part of things, well, once you establish that both sides engaging in lewd activities are either inexperienced or basically a sentient jellyfish, there's some explaining to do.

Regarding the overall plot, we aim to do our writing in a fun and light-hearted way, so even though there are some wacky setups, there will be consistency and I can only recommend to sit back and relax while you enjoy some beautiful artwork.

Besides all that, thank you everybody for the kind words!

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
How would I go about doing nº1? For 2, I can't go definitive right now, but I think harem will keep being the relevant tag for a good amount of time.
for no.1 just ask a moderator.

As for no.2 if you are going to keep the tag then I suggest making the KN a minor VN in the sense you add a route where only MC's dick is ever used (since MC is a slime I assume the dick he uses will change here and there but you get the idea).

That way there is a harem route, otherwise you will just end up pissing people off who come for harem and then see the girls get fucked by someone else other than MC. (and you will also make your audience size smaller, where as adding in the sole MC dick path you keep a wider audeince).

Honestly though, if you aren't going to do proper harem you should remove the tag altogether and add sharing or w/e tags are relevant cause it would just be misleading if this isn't going to be a harem game. (false advertising basically).

Fair warning: devs adding forced niche later on once the game is already established , is something people really hate, and will likely result in harassment from the loud few. (outside of the angered comments that is). So yeah my suggestion to remove that tag is for many reasons, if that tag won't be in the finished game (harem meaning only MC does the girls).

E.g. when a dev adds forced sharing/ntr etc. into a previously normal game without warning. (given what you have described I assume it would be forced sharing/group sex with more than one male.

Wall of text I know, but is to be clear and thorough.

On an unrelated note, will MC end up with like a collection of corpses (that he freezes or something) to take over whenever he wants to do a particular thing or go to a certain place?

Last edited:

laliandra

May 2, 2019
Honestly though, if you aren't going to do proper harem you should remove the tag altogether and add sharing or w/e tags are relevant cause it would just be misleading if this isn't going to be a harem game. (false advertising basically).

fair warning dev, tags can be misleading. take this guy, he's tagged as a "well-known member" so you'd expect to have any idea of what he's talking about. SPOILER: he doesn't.

your tags are fine, this site is just full of people like this, best thing is to ignore them.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

fair warning dev, tags can be misleading. take this guy, he's tagged as a "well-known member" so you'd expect to have any idea of what he's talking about. SPOILER: he doesn't.

your tags are fine, this site is just full of people like this, best thing is to ignore them.
...... you do realise the whole topic is about what the game will be yes? very hard concept to understand i know but please try a little.

Dev has said that game will have more than MC dick with the girls, which means when it does, it won't be a harem game, as harem is only MC doing the girls. (literally is the meaning of the term... 1 dude many women simple). So to avoid confusion and angry fans, best to either remove the tag or add an alt path which is a harem path.

Since this is a kinect novel currently the player will have no choice but to share the girls with others than the MC, and well.... if you have been here for any large amount of time... you should know how well forcing content on an already establish game goes when it isn't a widely accepted niche.

I hope you can understand such a simple concept now.

JediVash

Jul 10, 2019
for no.1 just ask a moderator.

As for no.2 if you are going to keep the tag then I suggest making the KN a minor VN in the sense you add a route where only MC's dick is ever used (since MC is a slime I assume the dick he uses will change here and there but you get the idea).

That way there is a harem route, otherwise you will just end up pissing people off who come for harem and then see the girls get fucked by someone else other than MC. (and you will also make your audience size smaller, where as adding in the sole MC dick path you keep a wider audeince).

Fair warning: devs adding forced niche later on once the game is already established , is something people really hate, and will likely result in harassment from the loud few. (outside of the angered comments that is). So yeah my suggestion to remove that tag is for many reasons, if that tag won't be in the finished game (harem meaning only MC does the girls).

E.g. when a dev adds forced sharing/ntr etc. into a previously normal game without warning. (given what you have described I assume it would be forced sharing/group sex with more than one male.

Wall of text I know, but is to be clear and thorough.

On an unrelated note, will MC end up with like a collection of corpses (that he freezes or something) to take over whenever he wants to do a particular thing or go to a certain place?
I see you are writing this coming from a will to help, thanks!

I can say for sure there won't be another dude showing up and interacting with the girls in a lewd way later in the VN.

In Elfheim, male Elves are a rare sight and even those have a strong feminine side, so that might be enough to give you an idea about the lack of "competitors" to the MC.

For the corpses thing, I see where you're getting the idea from, but we aren't taking the Frankenstein route, now that the MC absorbed the first one, if he's ever to change shape in the future, there will be no lifeless body dropping down when he does so.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I see you are writing this coming from a will to help, thanks!

I can say for sure there won't be another dude showing up and interacting with the girls in a lewd way later in the VN.

In Elfheim, male Elves are a rare sight and even those have a strong feminine side, so that might be enough to give you an idea about the lack of "competitors" to the MC.

For the corpses thing, I see where you're getting the idea from, but we aren't taking the Frankenstein route, now that the MC absorbed the first one, if he's ever to change shape in the future, there will be no lifeless body dropping down when he does so.
Interesting, it seems I may have misunderstood a little when reading.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
spoiler-ed cause is more of a side note on this comment.

Anyway I take it that it will be a sort of slime absorbtion thing? where they absorb the thing they "possess". If so will it be more of a they can transform back into previous forms, or their new form will stay and then they will move on later and so forth?

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Harem is sole MC who HAS many girls, getting into many non-exclusive relations is not harem, that is polygamy/sharing.

Harem is and always will be Sole Male. (the term comes from kings/emperors etc. having many women for just themselves.... so is a no brainer lmao).

edit: this was originally a reply, has been edited to make sense now that the original comment is gone.

Last edited:

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
Nah, user above is right. The definition of harem is just that, dude with many chicks. If there are relationships outside of the harem, or even if some of the haremettes end up cheating on him or whatnot, doesn't mean it's no longer a harem. The former is not even rare. The latter would be something I haven't seen before, and kinda odd, but still wouldn't make the game not a harem.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Nah, user above is right. The definition of harem is just that, dude with many chicks. If there are relationships outside of the harem, or even if some of the haremettes end up cheating on him or whatnot, doesn't mean it's no longer a harem. The former is not even rare. The latter would be something I haven't seen before, and kinda odd, but still wouldn't make the game not a harem.
..... incorrect. relationships outside would mean they are no longer part of the harem, as harem girls are exclusive to MC. Harem is basically many wives. Or exclusives slaves without the contract and a more romantic relationship. Is why when games do that, they either don't get or lose the harem tag.

When it is used in such a way it is being used incorrectly by people who misunderstand its true meaning. (like when people think NTR is for rape only, or for non-rape only).

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
It reminds me of the term waifu which is loosely used by westerners as just "that popular character" instead of the correct "mai/my waifu" which is always annoying since most "waifu" games here are either brothel sims, prostitution or they fuck around sims.
Anyways yeah a harem is basically girls that in some way or another "belong" to the protagonist.
If they fuck around then they really arent unless the protagonist is one of those cucks who only care if they get to put it in.
Again since westerners have a very distorted view on well everything I dont see any point on trying to convince them.
Lets be happy that the dev is on our yard on this one.
Still want to be able to name the Slime if the human body is going to be discarded.

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
..... incorrect. relationships outside would mean they are no longer part of the harem, as harem girls are exclusive to MC. Harem is basically many wives. Or exclusives slaves without the contract and a more romantic relationship. Is why when games do that, they either don't get or lose the harem tag.
So you mean that if the MC has 5 girls in his harem, and one cheats on him, POOF, no more harem tag? If yes you have an absurdly strict standard for harems.

Also, to clarify, you are not suggesting that if beyond those 5 girls, there's like a 6th episodic character in a relationship with someone else, not part of the harem, then there shouldn't be a harem tag, no? Just that the harem needs to be loyal. Right? Because otherwise than it's even more absurd.

Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
Can we just call some moderator? Otherwise, this dispute is simply useless, we have several parties who are confident in their rightness and are ready to defend their point of view with foam at the mouth.

TaintedW

May 21, 2017
Love the art, but pretty short right now. Keep up the great work devs.

See ya'll in a few months to check out the new content.

Reactions: HunterSeeker
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes