3.70 star(s) 23 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
He didn't bring her in. She tracked him down and made it clear she isn't leaving. He can always kill her if that will make you feel better about it.

The MC is set on a path that goes against everything she knows, feels and thinks to be true and just. His Patron is the embodiment of EVIL as far as she is concerned. There isn't anything to patch up. It's not a simple misunderstanding or difference of opinion on what to have for dinner. His path is a fundamental insult to and violation of everything that makes her who she is as an individual and an Elf. You can't "fix her" or change her enough to ever make her cool with what is planned. He knows that already. It's why he didn't look for her or want her around at all.

Mystic brought her back against his better judgement because of the "we want elf pussy" pleadings. He's given what was asked for and now those who wanted are not happy with the obvious outcome of those pleadings. The story as written made it clear this was no place for her in his future if people gave any attention to scenes other than kissy kissy fucky fucky scenes.

Not to be an ass Havik but, I've read enough of your posts in other threads to know you're smart enough to see and understand that.
Pretty much, couldn't have said it better myself actually. If that doesn't sum it up, not sure what the fuck does. Someone ought to pin this shit here.

But yes, Lyria's opinion on Eris is clear from the very start of the game, and the brief religious talk in the tavern at the desert city.

Even though of course that's all b.s, Eris has been vilified and a lot of shit has been pinned on her, by her own sister no less. But that is an entirely different debate.

But good luck trying to debate religion from characters perspective, religion is a poison even in real life. Lyria is no more or less a zealot when it comes to faith.

Of course not that Eris gives a shit anyhow what anyone thinks of her, as long as Eliot is up to date and understands facts about her. She couldn't give less of a fuck.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Whose Elliot.
Uh... the main character? Eliot is his default name. I don't know what anyone names their characters, but story-wise and canon, and for ME he is as he should be. Eliot. That's that really.

Reactions: Havik79

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Even though of course that's all b.s, Eris has been vilified and a lot of shit has been pinned on her, by her own sister no less. But that is an entirely different debate.

But good luck trying to debate religion from characters perspective, religion is a poison even in real life. Lyria is no more or less a zealot when it comes to faith.

Of course not that Eris gives a shit anyhow what anyone thinks of her, as long as Eliot is up to date and understands facts about her. She couldn't give less of a fuck.
These are the points I'm looking forward to in the story. You aren't painting Eris in the way she is perceived by the mortals. So what gives? What's the real shit going on beyond bitchy sister being a bitch for power and glory?

Where does the MC come into all of this?
What's their real history?
Did MC meet the sister before the ascension as well?
What's it going to take for him to remember who and what he is?
Will banging dragon queen cause as much uproar as Elf ass?

Inquiring minds want to know damn it.

• Hey there
Reactions: Mystic

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Uh... the main character? Eliot is his default name. I don't know what anyone names their characters, but story-wise and canon, and for ME he is as he should be. Eliot. That's that really.
Oh, I am just used to people saying the MC.

Also if you have admin right, you should be able to pin that post.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Oh, I am just used to people saying the MC.

Also if you have admin right, you should be able to pin that post.
No post pinning function, I think? And even if there was, I cannot do that. I'm not allowed to moderate my own thread. Honestly... these days? I just own it for sake of answering stuff when stuff leaks.

Or when someone has lore questions or something. Beyond that I hardly spend my time here anymore.

These are the points I'm looking forward to in the story. You aren't painting Eris in the way she is perceived by the mortals. So what gives? What's the real shit going on beyond bitchy sister being a bitch for power and glory?

Where does the MC come into all of this?
What's their real history?
Did MC meet the sister before the ascension as well?
What's it going to take for him to remember who and what he is?
Will banging dragon queen cause as much uproar as Elf ass?

Inquiring minds want to know damn it.
Cause she isn't, so I can't paint her. She has been vilified. In simplistic terms, Eris would be seen no different than Lucifer by people of Elleria.

Which is kind of ironic, because Eris is the first one to -punish- evil. She doesn't exactly sit on shoulders and goad people into performing sinful acts. Her plans can be and could be seen as evil, but they're not. Necessary evil perhaps, yes. But that necessary evil brings more good, creates stability and peace.

It also comes down to a point that... you have to turn into a monster yourself to fight against monsters.

And well, Eliot like Eris both come into same spot. There is one very important thing to understand, Eris also acts heavily on her own interpretations of visions.

Which was briefly spoken about between them in CH2 wrap up. The omnipotent deity in charge of it all, has a part to play.

As for their history, that's DLC material, but will be covered.

Also, Eliot DOES remember who and what he is. The only thing he doesn't remember is Eris and their history. But several scenes already, it is somewhat obvious he suspects things heavily. He isn't stupid. He is reluctant to believe some things, and finds it hard to accept it. But he knows how Eris sees him, he just doesn't understand why.

As for the last question... that's a good question. :unsure:

I mean... possible. I find Amynth's character rather cool, besides, dragon ass-cheeks.

Reactions: Havik79

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
As a rule I don't which is why I asked if she was going back, but good to know.

satirious
I appreciate what you said, but Mystic cleared things up, and I do not wish to derile the conversation, so thanks but I am not going to keep going.
I'll be honest, when the first releases happened, I was all in on the Lyria. I was dismissive at every chance to Elvira because I didn't want that drama in the camp. Ex's are just that for reasons and I don't like when that easy drama is used in stories. Mystic fixed that for us with a dragon.

Yeah, I wondered at where they were and how they would fit into the future events in the update following that attack.

Fuck, did I chose wrong by not being nicer to Elvira?
Was I better off shooting for a middle ground?

Then I read it all again more slowly and understood that he painted it all too clearly for us. It also made it obvious my new favorite , the sexy mage in hat, has zero chance at being top girl. :cry:

Most writers create these complex origin stories and personality types for their characters and then ignore them because they need narrative convenience. It insults the reader and more so the characters. As long as Mystic respects his characters and the lore he's created, the outcome should be worth the ride.

• Crown

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'll be honest, when the first releases happened, I was all in on the Lyria. I was dismissive at every chance to Elvira because I didn't want that drama in the camp. Ex's are just that for reasons and I don't like when that easy drama is used in stories. Mystic fixed that for us with a dragon.

Yeah, I wondered at where they were and how they would fit into the future events in the update following that attack.

Fuck, did I chose wrong by not being nicer to Elvira?
Was I better off shooting for a middle ground?

Then I read it all again more slowly and understood that he painted it all too clearly for us. It also made it obvious my new favorite , the sexy mage in hat, has zero chance at being top girl. :cry:

Most writers create these complex origin stories and personality types for their characters and then ignore them because they need narrative convenience. It insults the reader and more so the characters. As long as Mystic respects his characters and the lore he's created, the outcome should be worth the ride.

I mean... don't diminish Aria's role in it all. While she wasn't made as main love interest, her role -IS- very important. Sure she seems like she fills the role of an advisor right now, and keeps the operation running. And while that may be important, it isn't nearly as important as what she should be.

Or rather... what she -IS-. I think I am not spoiling anything when I state that it SHOULD BE, and I DID hint at it more than once firmly. That Aria is not the same as anyone else, not even Eliot. Aka she is not a typical human being.

This COULD be considered minor/major spoiler, so I will leave it in spoiler tag if you're curious. It isn't anything giant tho -- Aria is a daughter of Mileen. Aka the Goddess of Magic.

So she kinda is the ''top girl''. She has her own important role to fulfill. And in the end this whole journey isn't just about Magnus, despite him being ''main character''.

If anything it is me setting things up, Elleria has a planned sequel. And I can only reveal that you ought to be playing as Eliot and Eris's son.

But the cast from initial Elleria, should also be present. But that's all I'm willing to speak on this.

And yes, I made a mistake. But as I mentioned posts ago, this will not happen twice. I absolutely shut myself off from voices and demands. It is my story. The end.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
I mean... don't diminish Aria's role in it all. While she wasn't made as main love interest, her role -IS- very important. Sure she seems like she fills the role of an advisor right now, and keeps the operation running. And while that may be important, it isn't nearly as important as what she should be.

Or rather... what she -IS-. I think I am not spoiling anything when I state that it SHOULD BE, and I DID hint at it more than once firmly. That Aria is not the same as anyone else, not even Eliot. Aka she is not a typical human being.

This COULD be considered minor/major spoiler, so I will leave it in spoiler tag if you're curious. It isn't anything giant tho -- Aria is a daughter of Mileen. Aka the Goddess of Magic.

So she kinda is the ''top girl''. She has her own important role to fulfill. And in the end this whole journey isn't just about Magnus, despite him being ''main character''.

If anything it is me setting things up, Elleria has a planned sequel. And I can only reveal that you ought to be playing as Eliot and Eris's son.

But the cast from initial Elleria, should also be present. But that's all I'm willing to speak on this.

And yes, I made a mistake. But as I mentioned posts ago, this will not happen twice. I absolutely shut myself off from voices and demands. It is my story. The end.
I don't think bringing Lyria back is a mistake. The original reason was external pressure but, I think it serves a better purpose now.

It illustrates an important point that readers and writers avoid when they can. Detail makes a story better. Those details should be adhered to even though they are both a pillar to stand on and an anchor to where it can all go.

The contrast between what was and is wouldn't be as clear if she remained absent. It also shows that you're willing to stick within the confines of the rules you created for yourself as the writer. You gave the characters history and personality. You're abiding by those parameters and that takes more integrity than some writers and story tellers have.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I don't think bringing Lyria back is a mistake. The original reason was external pressure but, I think it serves a better purpose now.

It illustrates an important point that readers and writers avoid when they can. Detail makes a story better. Those details should be adhered to even though they are both a pillar to stand on and an anchor to where it can all go.

The contrast between what was and is wouldn't be as clear if she remained absent. It also shows that you're willing to stick within the confines of the rules you created for yourself as the writer. You gave the characters history and personality. You're abiding by those parameters and that takes more integrity than some writers and story tellers have.
I suppose you'd be right, yeah. Not much I can say to that...

But I can provide evidence from Chapter III ( In progress ), as to why having Lyria around is bad. :KEK:

1728723275278.png 1728723292356.png

DamnatioMemoriae

Dec 8, 2018
That Aria is not the same as anyone else, not even Eliot. Aka she is not a typical human being.

All I can say is you pulled that off well. The other girls are hot, but when she removed her hat that first scene I reacted with "Holy shit she's a gorgeous goddess."

• Yay, new update!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
All I can say is you pulled that off well. The other girls are hot, but when she removed her hat that first scene I reacted with "Holy shit she's a gorgeous goddess."
Hm, I wonder where Aria put her hat at. Probably in that infinite purse of hers. She should wear it from time to time.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I see pregnancy is a planned tag. Will this be optional / avoidable, or forced?
Uh.. mmh. It is kind of a must ( cause, sequel, and all that.) Though... I'm not sure that when I personally say pregnancy, it fits into categories on what F95 deems it, or players here. I don't exactly fetishize it. It can be present, seen, visible, and have a purpose to story.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
Uh.. mmh. It is kind of a must ( cause, sequel, and all that.) Though... I'm not sure that when I personally say pregnancy, it fits into categories on what F95 deems it, or players here. I don't exactly fetishize it. It can be present, seen, visible, and have a purpose to story.
Is it an outcome from a relationship the MC can have?

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes