VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Elsaverse: Transitions [Ep. 1-7] [Tora Productions]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JerryC

All Elsaverse games are first class on the story, and this one isn't the exception. Thrilling, interesting, intriguing... You'll have a GREAT time playing it. Although it's not reauired to play all the Elsaverse games to enjoy it, I do recommend it as it deepens the story quite a bit!
  2. 3.00 star(s)

cxx

quite good game with a quite good story but sometimes it feels more like kinetic rather than visual novel, graphics are good, there is sexscenes but those aren't as good as on many other games.

each on their own taste but can atleast try ep1 to see if likes this.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

popabear

[ep 1-7]

Damn this is hard to review. Full disclosure: I'm coming into this a bit hostile from the start since I have a sneaking suspicion this production right here is why I'm waiting so long for Warrior's Heart by Mortze (which I'm a huge fan of). The disparity between the quality of the productions is miles wide, sadly.

Let me explain. (TLDR at the end)

I'll really do my darndest here to be constuctive.

I think what we have here is a fundamental misunderstanding of how to tell a story using a visual medium.

What I feel good VNs and comics do is a thing called "show, don't tell". Maybe you've also heard "A picture says more than a thousand words".

What turns me off completely from this VN is that it does this exactly backwards. It seems the mantra is "tell, then tell again. Then maybe tell again." And the focus is never "showing things happen", it's "showing people talking and/or having sex". It's very one dimensional.

Imagine watching a TV show where suddenly there's text on the screen: "Alex smiles.", when you can clearly see her smiling. Then "Joey frowns" when you can see him frowning. This is exactly what this VN does. It feels like watching texting-for-the-deaf with inserts like [phone rigs] [footsteps] and so on, but for blind people. Reading a VN! Yeah it's absurd.

When working with a visual medium there's absolutely no need to add descriptive text to an image already showing what you're trying to convey. That's just weird. This VN not only does this, it does this constantly. And it never shows anything happen without added text. I have a really hard time watching a visual medium being misused like this. It's really cringe-inducing.

Now on to the story telling:

Most stories start with establishing a protagonist. Not this one. I can't say it seems to work.

To be invested in a story you'll need someone to identify and sympathize with. In the short span of the first 20 minutes I've been reading the story about 10 characters have been introduced, none of which get enough screen time that I feel like he or she could be a protagonist.

Well, maybe I'm wrong here, the title alludes to an "elsaverse" so maybe there are stories predating this one where a protagonist has been established. But if that's the case then I wouldn't have minded a short "Previously, in the elsa-verse"-segment to bring me up to speed, or some links in the thread pointing me to the start of this story.

Characters are introduced at machine gun pace. The introductions are always in dialogue format and then BAM straight to sex scenes. I never get the chance to invest in any of the characters before they're banging so it just feels like watching nice renders of some random characters. The stories skip around randomly between new characters constantly, making everything really hard to follow.
    I mean the renders are super nice, but it feels really hollow. I'm just watching random people having sex.

Now talking about the renders:
    They are glorious! The visuals during sex scenes are steaming hot and shows real passion.

TLDR: There isn't really anything interesting going on here besides the amazing renders. It's a cringy misuse of the VN storytelling format. The story is jumbled and lacks a protagonist.

Rating this a 3 although that may be high. The renders really carries this production. If this VN had average renders it would be a 1.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MeiLing

Tlaero is probably the best writer and Mortze the best artist. They have created a unique universe. Each story is a pearl. This Transitions are very good short novels. They are an invitation to explore the Elsaverse. I can't wait for a new story in this universe. Thank you Tlaera and Mortze
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 167032

Excellent is the best word to describe this game(s).

Apart from the amazing render that are not only top quality resolution but also the emotions they evoke and that they compliment the dialogue or vice versa. Then the writing and characters are top top notch something that I feel only a few devs seem to get right.

The sex scenes have so much eroticism it'll make anyone horni who's not horni before playing.

Yes I'm a fan of their work, no doubt about it.

As for the story I love how it intertwines and reminds me of TV series like Vida and Tell Me You Love me both exploring relationships and sex. So if you really love great writing with erotic sex scenes, even without animations that can make you really "feel" then definitely play this.

Brilliant work team
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

This game surprised me in a very positive way! I had it on my radar for some time now and after the 3rd update I finally decided to give it a try.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I have to say.... wow! Both the writing and the visuals are extraordinary. The game consists of a series of short stories that each involve different characters, but soon these stories and characters will intertwine. I'm usually not a fan of paranormal or superpower stories, but in this case it's implemented in a very original and tasteful way.

It is important to note that so far the game is purely a kinetic novel. There are no choices involved. However, the writing style is so good that I didn't see that as a problem. The story sucks you in with a mix between mystery and sex, and constantly leaves you in suspense as to what will happen next.

Finally the renders and character models are some of the best I've ever seen. The various surroundings are very detailed and the characters look original and realistic. And most important of course, the women are freakishly sexy! Both clothed and naked. The game currently has three pretty hot sex scenes, a lesbian scene in ep. 2 and two B/G scenes in ep. 3 and 4.

So long story short: if you don't hate kinetic novels this is definitely a recommendation!