Unity - ElvenEscape [v2022-09-22] [PG Studio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

Pros:
    + Well drawn CGs

Cons:
    - Only 4 CGs in the entire game
    - Extremely repetitive gameplay, almost no relation with the H-part
    - Too easy (especially for a rape-on-lose)
    - Too many levels with little originality

I don't think anybody would enjoy this game. Even if you think you're the audience, if you have seen the preview pictures, you have already seen half of the H-content the game has to offer (and the 2 remaining ones are not worth playing this for 20+ minutes)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

RefresheNA

Gameplay is basic. It feels weird that the goblins have i-frames after being hit, and sometimes the arrows behave in ways that you do not expect. The ammo being out of 999 feels completely meaningless given how you always get way more than you need, and the sword is never worth switching to from what I could tell. The cut scenes that I saw were just a single CG with sound over it. Very, very poor game overall. Not terrible by any means, but as it is none of the losses feel genuine, and you have to kind of try to lose.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

Even though it's an initial release... It's not that great. There's already quite a few problems upon just playing it. I am sure the devs will fix it by the time it is fully released... or even updated a bit, but for now, it just does not feel good to play, nor is the H exciting.

Gameplay, 1/5: Works in General, but Janky Overall
    So... Just moving and shooting works completely fine, and the character, projectile, and enemy speed are all good. However, that's all I can say for now about the good.

The bad? Well, for one, the camera is far too close. You can't zoom out from the screen to see further ahead, so left and right on a normal monitor? Good. Anything vertical? Can't see much at all.
    The bow is NOT centered on your character, so if you're against a wall, it will, for the most part, hit the wall immediately, unless you're aiming INTO the wall. Also, the hitboxes of things like pillars seem to be a bit larger than they actually are, so arrows will hit the pillars when it seems like it should hit enemies.
    The sword cannot be aimed, so vertical range is complete shit, but horizontal is fine.
    Dead enemies still have a hitbox for arrows to hit, so you cannot shoot enemies standing behind a dead enemy. It's fun to push around corpses, but I'd rather be able to kill another enemy than just push around an already dead one.
    Enemies have quite a few i-frames. About a second? So if you want to spam shots to deal with one, you just wasted most of your shots. Yes, you can spam click and your arrows shoot faster.
    There is no basic options screen to even adjust screen resolution or volume. Again, I know it's an alpha version, but even an ugly, shoddy option screen for basic adjustments is better than none at all.

And all those immediate problems are from just playing the game for 5 minutes or less.

Visuals, 4/5: Not Counting Camera Problems, is Good.
    It's all pretty good. The elf chibi is cute and the enemies, while noticeably more plain, work as well. HUD, icons, and other stuff look good. The dungeon looks good too, but it's the same exact tileset of "Never Split the Party" on Steam. Yes, the floors, pillars, pits, and doors are from a F2P, top-down shooter like this game is.
    The camera is better too in that game since the whole room is in the camera shot.
    The H CGs is fine too. I hope it gets animated later, but is perfectly fine for an initial release.

Story, N/A: None so Far
    Nothing here!

Audio, 3/5: What Sounds there are, are Good.
    Enemy grunts, hurtsound, weapon switching, music, is good. Not great or amazing, but good.
    However, there's missing arrow shooting and flying sounds, sword swing sounds, clanking sounds for hitting walls or something, walking, and running sounds. Maybe a few more, but...

Overall, 2/5: Lots of Gameplay Issues that Could be Found by Playtesting Just Once.
    I can't give it 1/5 stars because what problems it does have is easily replicable, and everything that needs to work, works. If you click, it does a thing. There's no random bugs (that I've experienced) that just suddenly ruin the game. The core gameplay loop is... Fine. Obviously balancing and diversity will come later, as well as enemy variety.
    Audio is good as well, with no weird static or screeches and works. A few more weeks of development before initial release just to get this alpha more rounded out in terms of gameplay would've been nice.